Admittance

The Forgotten Memories

                                                          

                     

                   I looked up and down the hallway. Clearly at a loss and with my sense of bad direction, I looked around frantically for any sign to lead me to the practice room. I looked down at my phone and checked the text from Eunhye. She said it was at the East Wing building, room 104. As I began walking around aimlessly, my phone buzzed. Slowing down my steps, I unlocked my phone and read the text from Eunhye reminding me about the rehearsal. I rolled my eyes. Well, I can't exactly make it if I can't find it. As I turned the corner, my forehead smacked straight into something hard. I stepped back from the impact and looked up... straight into the haughty eyes of Sehun. 

                   "What are you doing here?"

                   "What are you doing here?" we both said at the same time.  

                   "None of your business." 

                   "None of your business." We said at the same time yet again.

                   "Ugh!"

                   "Ugh!" We said and turned away from each other. Spotting a sign that led me towards the 100-up rooms, I began walking down the left corridor. As I walked, I felt his prescence behind me. I whipped around and glared at him.

                   "Are you following me?" 

                  "What? No, I have better things to do than follow lowlifes. I'm just going the same way." He scoffed and walked ahead. 

                  I clenched my fists and took a deep breath. I tried to surpress the anger threatening to boil over. Continuing to follow my false instinct of direction, I began walking behind Sehun, though not because I was following him of course. I stayed a few feet behind him and when he stopped in front of a blue door at the end of the hallway, I hid behind the wall. I peeked around the corner and after making sure he was nowhere to be seen, I speedily scuffled to the room he enetered. I peeked through the window and my heart started beating at an uncontrollable speed. Faint music flowed through the glass as I looked at the group of singers and dancers. Eunhye stood in the center of the semicircle formed by the male dancers....all of which consisted of THAT group of boys. I smacked myself mentally. Why'd it have to be this group of guys? 

                  I couldn't stop staring at them. The smooth movements of the dancers mixed with the soft voice of Eunhye. Her calm voice surprised me. I never expected such a bright and outpoken girl to have a serious and beautiful side. Although they all danced the same routine, each person had his own feel to it. My eyes glanced over everyone but stopped on one certain person near the left... Sehun. He wore a black muscle shirt, a black beanie, and grey sweatpants. The muscles in his arm were clearly shown as the group dropped to the floor and pushed themselves up on their arms. His piercing stare to the front of the room gave me thrills. 

                 When the music faded, all of them froze iin the last pose for a few seconds, then dropped their arms. I started getting nervous and paced outside the room. What do I do? Do I go in now? They were so good. I can't compete with all that talent. Even Sehun was good, I never expected him to be such a good dancer. 

                Still undecided, I leaned against the door and slid to the floor. With my arms propped up on my bent legs, I tried to calm my beating heart. Suddenly, I felt myself falling backwards. I hit the floor with a thud and stared into the wide grin of an upside down Eunhye. I gave a sheepish smile and grabbed onto the outstretched hand of the bubbly girl.  

               "You came! I didn't expect you to show up." She wrapped me in a giant hug and I smiled shyly.

               "Let me introdu-"Suddenly, I felt Eunhye ripped from my arms. A pair of arms engulfed me and I stumbled from the impact. When he pulled back, I noticed it was Baekhyun. He gave me a cheeky grin and pushed me into the arms of Luhan. I was then passed to Chanyeol. Apparently, this became a game of hot potato. Chen gave me a ruffle on the head and laughed when I pouted. When I stepped in front of Kai, he patted me on the shoulder and looked away. I smiled and shook my head. Chanyeol ran to me and I was engulfed in the giant and warm body. I looked up and laughed.

                "Well, I can see you didn't miss me." I said sarcastically.

               "Min, how could I not?" He held his hand up to his heart dramatically. "You have stolen my heart from me."

                "Stop it, you gigantic goof." I stood on my tippy toes and patted Chanyeol's head. He unwrapped his arms and my eyes stopped to look at Sehun briefly. He narrowed his eyes at me and looked away. Clearly, our relationship hasn't improved at all. I rolled my eyes and turned my back to him. 

            "So what are you doing here?" asked Chen.

               "Well-" I began to say before I was interrupted by Eunhye.

               "She's here to help us win the competition! She has an amazing voice and I just know we can finally defeat the Twelfth Ode." I could literally see the flames of determination in her eyes.

                 "Are you SURE she can sing?" Kai said suspiciously.

                 "Instead of suspecting my singing abilities, why don't I show you?" I cleared my throat and began the familiar song. When I finished, everyone gaped at me with their mouths wide open.

                "I don't know if I can help you guys win definitely. But I'll try my best. Please take care of me!" I bowed and smiled sheepishly at everyone.

               "Hot damn! That's one heck of a voice. We accept you into our group. Let's get straight to work. No time to be wasted." Chanyeol pushed me to the center of the room and waved his arms to get everyone to their positions. 

               "Ready?" Eunhye grinned at me. I nodded shyly. "Let's begin."