Girlfriends

The Forgotten Memories

                                 

               Our project was done, we got a grade. I'm done with him. I was glad to get a break from Sehun. He was becoming a major pain in the . We couldn't go through a single day without wanting to bite each other's heads off. And he wasn't very smart either. According to him, I was the brains in this operation so I did most of the work, while he sat there making fun of me. I have never met anyone as annoying as him. With him always wanting to go to study sites with many people, I always feel uncomfortable. Especially when he makes an outburst. Sometimes, I just want to hide in a corner and hide from the embarrassment when people give us strange looks. 

                Glad to have a day without seeing Sehun, I headed out on a quiet stroll near the empty part of campus with my guitar. I wasn't fond of singing in front of people, usually I sing to myself. I'm perfectly content with that. I sat down on the wooden bench and took out my guitar. It was handmade by someone I met after my accident. It was with me ever since and it's my closest friend, if that doesn't sound too wierd. I began humming the familiar tune. My fingers naturally begin strumming the chords and I close my eyes as I begin to sing. It took me years to perfect this song, every word of the lyrics fills my body and I can relate so much.

                I don't have any memories of my family. I'm left alone in this world. Sometimes, I sit and just think of the forgotten memories. What were my parents like? Did they love me? What was my life like in the past?  Were there people that loved me who wondered where I was? Eventually, those questions became useless when I realized no one was going to give me the answers to those questions. I gave up. Might as well live my life, rather than be hung up in the past, right?

               When the song finished, I heard clapping next to me. My eyes shot open and my head whipped around. There sat the bicycle girl from the other day. She looked just as pretty as she did the other day. Her beautiful hair shone in the sunlight, and her outfit brought out her slim figure. I stared at her in awe until she started talking nonstop.

              "Omigosh! That was so beautiful! I wish I had your voice! I mean, I can sing, but whoa, your voice is on a whole other level. The guys should totally hear this. I'm so jealous." She finally took a big breath in the middle of her long rambling sentence. 

              "Ahh...no. My voice isn't that good. I just sing to myself for fun." I put a lock of hair behind my ear and look away in embarrassment. 

              I felt a pair of hands clasp mine. I looked up and saw Eunhye staring at me with sparkling eyes. 

             "Minah..will you, will you please join our group?" I stared at her with a dumbfounded look.

             "Group?" By this point, I was beyond confused.

             "Yeah, I sing with a group of guys, one of them being my boyfriend. We sing and dance most of the time. They're really cool, you'll like them immediately. I'm the only female singer so far, and we need another one to balance out the harmony. I've been scouting for the right voice since forever and here you are! It must be fate. There's a competition coming up in school and we've been preparing for it since the summer. It would be great if you could join us. I promise, it'll be so much fun!" She gave me the puppy face. 

            I was a giant er for puppy faces. But I was also uncomfortable with people, especially groups of them. I was hesitant. But she made her eyes bigger and I lost grip on my mentality. 

           "O-ok." She squealed in delight and stood up.

          "I have to go tell the guys! They'll be so excited to meet you. They're super nice, and hot too." She rose her eyebrows up and down and gave me a creepy look. I tried to look away. I wasn't really interested in hot boys, especially because they wouldn't even look twice at me. 

          "With you here, we'll be sure to win the competition. I've been wanting to beat the Twelfth Ode since two years ago!" She had a very determined look in her eyes as she pumped her fist into the air. I assumed she was speaking of the opponents. 

         She continued. "It'll be great once you meet them. We have rehearsals on Tuesdays in the band room. See you there!" She waved back at me as she began running towards the dorms. 

          I sighed and began to pack my guitar. There goes my peaceful rest of the semester. What have I dragged myself into?