Last

Cold

Their last meal together is the sweetest he could ever ask for.

After all of Baekhyun's stuff was taken out of his car and into a room, he had managed to settle into a calm state. It was his last day in Bucheon, he may as well make sure it's something to remember. 

It's amazing how much fun one can have when their mind is cleared of everything. Karaoke, baking, even playing games, he spent the whole day enteratining himself and Baekhyun's parents. They only asked for a meal, but they deserve the whole day. They deserve so much more.

It's only when nightfalls comes around, when all the dishes have been cleared and they're sitting comfortably in the living room does he realise it's his last night in Bucheon.

"I hope you'll come back and visit us." The silence is broken by Baekhyun's mother's voice.

"Whenever you need me," He promised, moving so that he's sitting in the middle of them. The feeling a family hug gives you, is one of the most indescribable feelings in the world. It's something you never really knew you need, but something you've always longed for.

Their moment is stopped when the doorbell rings. Baekhyun's father moves to open the door, his hands clenched.

A gasp is heard but Baekhyun's father wraps the unknown person in a hug. Baekhyun's mother quickly follows behind and it's not difficult to know who's standing at the door. His eyes glaze over but an empty look surrounds his own face. He stands and stops just a few feet away from the three hugging. He smiles, knowing his time has been overstayed.

He takes off the sweater and makes it hang over his shoulder. He doesn't want to interrupt their moment, not when he knows how long they've wanted to see him.

He manages to make it past them, but he locks eyes with Baekhyun before he makes it out the door. He sees nothing in his eyes, nothing that could make him stay. He takes a deep breath, letting it out with a stutter. It doesn't matter anymore.

He hangs the sweater on the nearby coat hanger, leaving the last memory in the house. A tear slips out of his eyes before he turns out the door, no longer concerned about staying. He manages to make it to his car without accident, getting in quietly.

"Leaving so soon?" A voice whispers, sending a shiver up his spine.