Clothes

Cold

It's his last day living in Bucheon. His last day living in the city where he grew up in, near Baekhyun's parents. Near his parents' grave.

His stuff is already packed in suitcases. Everything that Baekhyun owns packed carefully into boxes and suitcases ready to be dropped off at his parents. No matter how much he wants to forget everything, how much he wants to feel numb, he can never part with one of Baekhyun's sweaters.

It was a simple black cable knit sweater, that was too big for the both of them. Being the same size had it's pros and cons.

He had taken to wearing it most days when they were lazing around home, much to his lover's delight. Baekhyun had gotten his name stitched along the front of the sweater. It was like laying a claim on their relationship. 

Thinking about Baekhyun is too much. But he doesn't want to forget the memories. He wants to stop living in the past. His phone rings quietly, 'Sweet Dream' by Rainbow filling in the room.

It's Baekhyun's parents.

"We know you're leaving. But can we please have one last meal for old time's sake?"

"Of course, anything you want." He responds, sending his heart into his stomach.

He steps outside the door, feeling numb. But also feeling better than he used to. He sends one last look at the empty apartment, his memory recalling the happy times when it was inhabited by both himself and his lover. Before the pain can resurface, he smiles. He smiles at what used to be, but what is no longer. He thinks about the first words whispered in his ear when they first moved in.

"It's us against the world. You're my world and I'm yours."