{•일• |Hold My Hand}

The Stories of Apartment 709

Prompt : Holding hands

Words  : 782

Rating  : T


"Joonjae-ya!" Takuya shouted. Currently, he was trying to sprint forward in the middle of people ㅡvery busy peopleㅡ  walking in the main street of Seoul. He was drowned by the crowd that didn't give him a chance to catch up with his roommate, who had been a long way in front of him, and was also drowned by men and women walking.

 

They were supposed to go get some groceries, simple enough.

 

But Lady Luck was antagonizing him today, because the market closest to their apartment was closed for whatever reason he didn't care and didn't bother check. More unfortunately, the other availabe market was a huge one. So of course, it had to be built in the middle of the buzzing town. That means, he would dragged Joonjae together cause it wouldn't be fair if he had to go downtown and the other got to relax his sloppy at their shared apartment. He would just count this as a long awaited sightseeing slash grocery shopping trip.

 

Making his mind, he hauled up Joonjae from his bed. The latter grunted in disapprovement, and Takuya was having none of that. "Rise and shine, Joonjae-ya! You've got to help me! Get up quickly~" The last sentence was said with a whiny tone accompanied by rocking his roommate's body not so gently. Whatever take, he guessed.

 

"What?" Joonjae croaked in sleepy and lazy manner with a trace of annoyance. "Let's go shopping!" Takuya all but grinned, excited spark in his eyes made the Korean man frowned. How could he wake up at this ungodly hour was still a question. "Why?Even though he said it short, he knew the shorter man could understand his underlying question, why should I go with you?

 

"The market nearby's closed. We'll go to the downtown one. Plus, you owe me a tour on the town!"

 

"I don't owe you anything."

 

"Aw, come on!"

 

      ⛲⛲⛲

 

Joonjae noticed Takuya wasn't by his side when someone bumped into him. He muttered an apologize before realising the rather energetic Japanese man was no longer in his sight.

 

Startled, he looked around in panic. That was when his source of panic came running, side stepping people on the way. When Takuya finally slowed down, he catched his breath that came out as short pants and gasps. "You alright?" Joonjae asked, slightly dragging the blonde so the latter wouldn't dissapear again.

 

"Will be."

 

Joonae sighed. That one short answer mean he was not.

 

The next second, there was an open palm in front of Takuya's face. He must've made a confused look on his face because the other man flushed slightly and coughed, "Hold my hand. You won't get lost like this."

 

"I-I'm not a kid.." There we go, the lovely awkwardㅡdare he calledㅡintimate moment. It kept happening since the second Takuya stepped into the other's front apartment door. When he clumsily let go his grip from his suitcase that made them both reached for it at the same time. The same stuttered reply he let out, and the way Joonjae answered back ever so softly made time looked slower.

 

"…I'm just keeping you close." Joonjae shifted his gaze, but he kept his hand open and inviting. Takuya also hesitated for a moment. This is so awkward. Why do we keep repeating this kind of moment?

 

Then, something soft and warm brushed with Joonjae's hand. Finally, he realised, Takuya grabbed his palm with the small confidence left inside him. This should've not make him flush.

 

What they did afterward was stare at the intertwined hand for five solid seconds. Something warm settled in Joonjae's stomach, while looking at his ㅡand Takuya'sㅡ hands.

 

He wanted to say it was okay, but he knew it was more than okay. It felt an awful lot like nice, and he found himself didn't mind to do it again if they had the chance.On the other side, Takuya could literally feel blood rushed to his now warm, warm cheeks. He would try to cover it, but it would be even more awkward if Joonjae saw him. Instead he forced himself to calm down. Still, it was hard not to glance at his- no,their hand.

 

This was fine. He could stay like this. It definetly feel awesome, though.

 

Clearly, with their hands tangled together, Takuya could keep up his pace better than before. And it made Joonjae glad he made the right choice.

 

Their hold didn't break until they arrived back home


Author's Note ✿

This is it, the first chapter! Hooray :D Please tell me what do you think about it cause I'm still learning :)

~Tiffany