Relax

Black-Symphony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

An abundance of sounds are emerging from outside the bedroom. RapMon, who lays there dormant, in his deep slumber, slowly begins to pry his eyes open. His hands raised, and fingers spread widely apart as he attempts to block out the rays of sunlight which are protruding from outside the window beside his bed, and hitting against his pale skin. His eyes squint as he turns his head to the side and groans.

V: "Namjoon hyung?"

He says in a childlike whisper.

Rap Monster: "huh?"

He turns his attention toward the window and springs into an upright position upon realizing that V has been seated beside him on his bed the entire time.

Rap Monster: "Aish! -- you scared me!"

He shrieks.

V: "oh -- I'm sorry hyung."

Rap Monster: "how long were you sitting there?"

V: "not long. Maybe a half an hour."

Rap Monster: "a half an hour?! -- why!?"

V: "we were waiting for you to wake up."

Rap Monster: "so why didn't you wake me?"

V: "because you're funny looking when you sleep."

Rap Monster: "Yah!"

He reaches for his pillow and swings it in V's direction, knocking him off of the bed.

Rap Monster: "why is everyone up so early anyway?"

V: "don't you remember? -- we're all going to the beach. CEO-nim gave us the day off!"

He sighs while making his way off of the bed. Turning to V, he reaches out and raises him to his feet before the two step out of the room. RapMon stands there in awe of the other members as they scurry about packing what looks to be every single item in the dorm. V rushes past him, and joins in on the anarchy.

Rap Monster: "do we really need all of these things?"

Jungkook: "hyung!"

Suga: "it's about time! -- go get your swimming trunks."

Rap Monster: "I uh... -- "

J-Hope: "Namjoon, I need to speak to you."

Rap Monster: "can it wait?"

J-Hope: "it's sort of important."

Rap Monster: "maybe you can tell me after you all get back from the beach."

Jungkook: "you're not coming hyung?"

Rap Monster: "I sort of have a few tweaks to my mixtape that I want to get done today. And since I won't have to work on our music, I can just focus on my mixtape. Give it the attention it deserves."

Jimin: "Hyung, you work too hard."

Jin: "yeah -- even you need to relax."

Rap Monster: "this is me relaxing."

They all release a collective sigh before returning to their packing.

J-Hope: "Namjoon, maybe now we can speak -- "

Rap Monster: "Hyung, just go enjoy your day! We can talk about it when you get back."

J-Hope shakes his head In fustration, RapMon steps forth and ushers him out of the dorm. He reaches for the door and holds it open, bowing lightly to each member as they exit. Jungkook, the last to reach the door, just stands there, a towel draped across his shoulders, each end held tightly within his small hands.

Jungkook: "I can't believe you're not coming with us hyung."

Rap Monster: "aw -- come on. Don't make me feel worse than I already do."

Jungkook: "I was looking forward to spending the day together -- all of us together."

Rap Monster: "listen -- I'll go to the studio early, and try to finish up and meet you guys there."

His pouty expression soon fades, a smile flickering in its place.

Jungkook: "you promise!"

He exclaims rather loudly, his voice echoing out into the hallway.

Rap Monster: "I can't promise, but I sure can try."

Jungkook exhales softly, releasing his hold on his towel, and folding his arms across his chest. His smile fading, and eyes rolling.

Jungkook: "okay hyung, I really do hope to see you later."

RapMon smiles softly watching as Jungkook steps out into the hallway. Standing in the doorway, he watches from behind as he waves back at him before stepping into the elevator. Softly, he sighs before stepping back inside and shutting the door behind him. His bare feet slap against the tiled floor as he makes his way back into the bedroom.
As if it were slipping through his fingers, RapMon completely loses track of time. The hour hand dances with its minute counterpart around the face of the clock which hangs above the door in the brightly lit studio. The sound of led scribbling against a fresh sheet of paper is all that is heard, as he sits there silently, surrounded by several balls of crumpled paper which litter the ground. He grunts almost silently before resting his pad and pencil atop the studios soundboard.
Leaning back in his chair, he kicks his feet up, while clasping his fingers behind his head, propping it up as he sighs in fustration. He turns his attention to the clock and smirks softly as it shifts from "12:59am to 1:00pm", his eyes close, and almost under his breath he releases a brief hint of laughter as the thought of Jungkook comes to mind.

Jungkook: "hyung -- what time are we suppose to be back?"

Rap Monster: "we still have some time. It's only 1:00."

Jungkook: "huh?"

Rap Monster: "1 as in my favorite number..."

Jungkook: "no way, 1 is my favorite number!"

Rap Monster: "that can't be both of our favorite numbers."

Jungkook: "well, that's too bad hyung."

Rap Monster: "no, that's against the rules."

Jungkook: "there are no rules hyung!"

Rap Monster: "it's an unspoken rule. Two members of the same group of friends can't have the same number be their favorite."

Jungkook: "so then why don't YOU pick a different number?"

Rap Monster: "because I'm older, therefore I liked it first. So that means the number 1 is my favorite number."

Jungkook: "that's no fair. That means that I get last dibs on everything!"

Rap Monster: "sorry, I guess that's just the way the "Kookie" crumbles -- heh -- heh?"

Jungkook lowers his head and proceeds to shake it while reaching out and patting his hyung in a consoling matter on his back. RapMon pouts, clasping his hands together between his knees as the two sit there on a single park bench. Jungkook raises his hand and cups his mouth as he attempts to hide his laughter, in order not to embarrass RapMon even further.

Jungkook: "it was a good try hyung -- really, it was."

RapMon raises his head and smiles in his direction, exposing his deep dimples. The cool breeze which passes them blows loose strands of Jungkook's black hair. The two in matching Black hoodies, begin to laugh at Jungkook's failed attempt at RapMon's ego.

Rap Monster: "maybe we should head back."

Jungkook: "it's so beautiful out."

Rap Monster: "it'll be beautiful tomorrow."

Jungkook: "you don't know that hyung. Tomorrow is never promised."

Rap Monster: "fine -- five more minutes."

Jungkook: "twenty!"

Rap Monster: "twenty?! -- no way. I'll give you ten."

Jungkook: "fifteen?"

RapMon reaches for the brim of his cap and lowers it. Jungkook tugs on the white strings of his hoodie, causing it to tighten around his head. He widens his eyes, bats his lashes, and pouts his lips, scooting himself closer to RapMon who can't help but laugh at his awkward antics.

Rap Monster: "fine, you can have your fifteen minutes -- just never do that again."

Jungkook bursts out laughing while playfully swatting at RapMon.

Jungkook: "why not? I'm getting better hyung!"

RapMon shakes his head in disapproval while reaching out and pulling down on the front of Jungkook's hood, forcing it to cover his face entirely. He scoots over and lays his arms across Jungkook's back, slipping the hood off of his head completely and laughs. Sitting there all Jungkook can do is smile, as he steals glances at RapMon.
Beyond the splashing waves which hit against the sand, seagulls squawk in the distance. The bright rays of the sun lighting up the beautiful Scenery of the entire beach. The members roughhouse just ahead, as Jungkook sits back and watches with a smile painted across his face. J-Hope stares back at Jungkook and peels himself away from the others.
While trudging through the sand he stops and plops himself beside Jungkook, his body dripping wet. He sways to his side, and bumps his shoulder against Jungkook's prodding for some sort of reaction from him.

Jungkook: "hey hyung!"

J-Hope: "what're you over here daydreaming about?"

Jungkook: "oh me? -- nothing."

J-Hope: "are you not feeling well Jungkook?"

Jungkook: "I'm fine. I just needed to catch my breath."

J-Hope: "it's a perfect day to be at the beach isn't it?"

Jungkook: "I wish Namjoon hyung felt that way."

J-Hope: "is that what's keeping you from having fun?"

Jungkook: "I am having fun hyung -- I just wish that he didn't work so hard."

J-Hope: "he feels it's his duty as our leader. A lot of responsibility comes with being the leader."

Jungkook: "was he always this way?"

J-Hope: "a hard worker? -- yeah. Even when he wasn't our leader he would often be the first to get to practice and the last to leave. Not much has changed, only his position from maknae to leader."

Jungkook: "he was the maknae!?"

J-Hope: "yeah. And things were very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter