4th Entry

Yours Truly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 30, 2012

   Everyone has down days, you know, those days where you feel like a fraction of your soul has been torn and burnt to ashes, when your limbs don't feel like they belong to you, when all you want to do is curl into a ball and forget about the world. The thing about down days is that everyone experiences them at some point or another, and for most of us, all we could do is to swallow our spit and move on with our days because we live in a planet where people value what you can offer rather than what you are. 

   I'm ranting, I know. But it's seven in the evening and my head's stuck between the pages of my English workbook when all I really want to do is cry, sleep and hope I'll never wake up. 

   I don't want to do this anymore, I think.

   Just then my mom enters my room with a tray in her hand, containing a glass of milk and some chocolate cookies. 

   The sight of it makes me want to tear up and apologize for my earlier thoughts. How can I be so selfish? How could I be so lazy as to not do my homework when this lovely lady right here has risked her bones and marrows just so we could be where we are today? How could I forget her sacrifices? 

   She asks me if I'm okay, and I say yes. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter