3rd Entry

Yours Truly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 28, 2012

          Today is Monday and no one in the world deserves this.

          Why does my life have to be this difficult?

          What did I do? Why is all of this happening to me? It’s unfair.

          These are the thoughts swirling through the walls of my brain. There isn’t anyone here in this bathroom aside from me, my soaked shirt, and a brown bird’s nest I like to call my hair. Everyone else is in their respective classrooms, listening to teachers babbling about ancient civilizations and locating for the function of x. No one—aside from Tiffany and her gang of over-accessorized girls—know where I am and what I look like right now. They don’t have to.

          I sigh. I can’t take the feeling and the smell any longer. I look left and right, and once I’m certain there isn’t a human being in sight, I take off my blouse, rinse it on the sink, and hang it over one of the tall stools to dry.

          I stare at my half- reflection in the mirror and try my best not to cry. But it’s hard. It’s so hard when all I feel like is breaking down and running home and escaping this place altogether. But then, I remember my mom and what she’s done to get the both of us to this point and I clench my fist.

          I won’t let them get to me.

          They could hurl insults at me all they want. They could send buckets of rotten soup in my way. They could call me names and push me every chance they can get, but I won’t let them get to me. I’m going to do well in everything and I won’t let anyone get in my way and—

          The sound of footsteps getting closer to where I am cut off my in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter