Elastic Heart

But Did You Die!

*Ring*

 

“Hey”

 

“Babe! You won't believe what just happened!”

 

“What?”

 

“I think Yunho and Jiji just broke up!”

 

“What!”

 

“It's crazy. Remember the position they offered me that I turned down, guess who they offered it to after and accepted it?”

 

“What!”

 

“Yeah and guess who had no idea about this position besides me?”

 

“Whaaat!

 

“You should have seen it. We were in the room talking about work stuff when the position came up and she said she accepted it. She was so happy I thought Yunho knew. So I was like how did you convince Yunho to move to Africa and that when Yunho walks in. He all like Yunho's not moving to Africa and looks at me all crazy. Her face was shook.”

 

“What...”

 

“Apparently she never told him and he was finding out the same time as me. Awkward moment for everyone in that room. They started going at it but I was trapped as Yunho was blocking the door.”

 

“What-”

 

“Yeah so he's at the door and she walks over the him and I'm stuck in between two arguing lovers. It got heated. Jae's name got thrown in and oh man did she go off. I really wanted to duck behind something. She looked ready to start throwing stuff.”

 

“What!”

 

“Yeah it got nasty. According to her, Yunho's been ignoring her and being all types of and he's calling her all types of needy and clingy.  It went south so quickly. She told him to off and go on his mother's tit since he wasn't man enough to maintain a relationship and she stormed out of the house.”

 

“Holy…”

 

“I hear voices.  I gotta go. Sounds like round two.”

 

*click*


*____*_____*

 

 

*ring*

 

“He...

 

“Holy smokes, you're not going to believe this.”

 

“Ahhhh...who....”

 

“Dude for realz you'll never guess what I just found out”

 

“Ummmm...I don't even know who this is.”

 

“Dude for real how long have we been friends and you still don't know my phone voice.”

 

“Only person I know that calls me dude is...Eunhyuk is that you!”

 

“Of course I Should be upset you don't know my voice but anyway...guess who's moving to our neck of the woods?”

 

“The big bad wolf?”

 

“To certain people you could say that title is appropriate.”

 

“Who is it Hyuk? I'm kind of busy.”

 

“Jung Yunho. He was spotted in the airport today.”

 

“Ooh that's not news. The whole company knows he taking over this branch."

 

 

" Yeah but this branch happens to be close to a certain ex husband.”

 

“Wait! Jae lives there!”

 

“Yeah and that will be one awkward meet up since both companies are in the same building.”

 

“Seriously! Oh ! I knew Ahjumma was plotting but I never thought this...”

 

“Ahjumma has something to do with it.”

 

“I don't know I'm only guessing since Yun and Ji broke up.”

 

“Wait! They broke up! I didn't know that!”

 

“Yeah they broke up about a week or two ago. It was messy according to my inside source.”

 

“You can call her your girlfriend. Everybody already knows your dating.”

 

“Not everybody!”

 

“Everybody! Yunho knew two weeks after Jae knew and he knew three hours after your first date. We all just kept it quiet waiting for you to tell us.”

 

“What!”

 

“You say that a lot. Anyway what happened?”

 

“I didn’t want you guys to think I was just playing around with her. Yunho is super protective of her. I think since he's such an he over compensates. But I was going to say something but then the whole Jae leaving and stuff happen so I thought it best to wait.”

 

“Not that. Even though you’re an idiot thinking we didn't know. We know, we were and are happy for you two. I mean the breakup, what happened?”

 

“Oh. Jiji took a job in Africa and never told Yunho.”

 

“Oh boy. So Ahjumma must be really happy. She barely tolerated Jiji.”

 

“Ahjumma tolerated Jiji for two reasons only. Jae said to and possible grandchildren. Aside from that she was ready to toss her out on her ear when she found out about Yun cheating on Jae with her.”

 

“Jae asked her to be nice? I'm sorry I don't think I heard correctly.”

 

“Jiji is Jae's cousin. Jae always had a soft spot for her since her parents died and the family blamed her.”

 

“Whoa you’re blowing my mind right now. Cousins!”

 

“Yeah...Jae and his family didn't talk for a while because of how they use to treat her.”

 

“How could she do that to her cousin?”

 

“She didn't know at first. Jae never got to introduce them since she was stationed in South America the first two years they met and then she was in some no internet south pacific country when they married so she didn’t even know who her cousin married.”

 

"But she stayed with him after she found out that was her cousin’s husband.  That’s some shady .”

 

"Yeah.  I honestly don’t know how that convo went down between the husband, the wife and the mistress but let’s say Jae’s the biggest bleeding heart I ever met. I’m not so forgiving.”

 

“Are you pranking me? No one is that ing nice.”

 

“Yeah same thoughts I had but Hye said Jae has a reason. He has a soft spot with her and she’s not as unaffected as she looks. I don’t know but I’m just glad I’m not in a messed up situation.”

 

“Yeah...I’m going to send out notices to all my relatives when I decide to settle. I’m no Jae.”

 

“Alright I gotta go.  I wasted my precious sleep talking to you. “


“Later”

*_____*

 

Jaejoong: Can you pick me up?

Chun: Pick you up where? I thought you were on your date.

Jaejoong: Yeah I thought so too but now I'm not.

Chun: What happened?

Chun: I have to go pick up Jae. Do you want to go with?

Changmin: Pick him up. Wasn't he on a date?

Chun: Yeah but he just text me.

Changmin: Ok, I'll change the order for pick up.

Jaejoong: I don't want to talk about it right now. Let's just say I'm not a sugar daddy.

Chun: Ok you are going to spill. Where am I getting you anyway?

Jaejoong: At Chipotle

Chun: Chipotle is two towns away. You have to tell me something Jae. I'm not understanding.

Chun: He's at Chipotle

Changmin: Yummy I haven't had that in a while.

Changmin: Order me two steak bowls with everything.

Jaejoong: I'm guessing you're coming with Chun

Jaejoong: Why did you tell Min?

Chun: We were having our poker night

Jaejoong: When did Junsu get back?

Chun: This afternoon.

Jeajoong: Sometimes I don't get why he's friends with you two. Does he not get that Poker night is you two poking fun at his expense?

Chun: Nope and we love him for it.

Jeajoong: At least last time I was there to level the playing field. I know you two cheat.

Chun: You hurt me with that accusation.

Jeajoong: I know you cheat. I've caught you a couple of times.

Chun: Junsu wants a steak burrito with extra sour cream and guac.

Jaejoong: I thought you guys were ordering pizza.

Changmin: We did we are picking it up on our way to you.

Jaejoong: And you still want mexican? My goodness is there no bottom to your stomach.

Changmin: A stomach is just a funnel to your . I happen to have a large funnel.

Jaejoong: If it isn't food, it's toilet talk. I'm going to order you food and ignore your text.

Chun: You still haven't told me how you ended up two towns away. When you said your date was taking you to the new restaurant downtown. Where is he? Why isn't he with you?

Jaejoong: His car broke down and he didn't have triple A, so I used mine to get the car towed to the nearest open mechanic. They fix the car and that jerk looks at me like so aren't you going to pay. I turned around an walked away. I have no idea where he is and I have no interest in finding out. Are you already on your way? I don't want to be sitting with all this food. I look like a greedy pig.

Chun: Yeah I'm in the car with Su and Min is behind us with his car. Su's car is still full of his sport crap and smells like funk personified. You get to ride with Min. We're getting of the highway.

Chun: I think you might not be hearing from your date for a good long time. Was the mechanic two blocks from Chipotle?

Jaejoong: Yeah why?

Chun: I see the cops arresting a guy that looks alot like TDH. He looks a bit roughed up.

Jaejoong: Can't honestly feel sorry. I was going to end it with him tonight anyway.

Chun: Come outside.

 

*______*

 

*Ring*

"Dude"

"Yo"

"Any Info?"

"So much.  I'm kinda mad I didn't know all of this was going on."

"Spill"

"So Yunho is running the office indef.  But that isn't the facinating part.  Mrs. Jung arranged this transfer."

"What!"

"I know.  So apparently he and the hw broke up. Did you know she was Jae cousin? Dude! Mind. Blown."

"Yeah.  Jae told us one night after we scrapped him up off the kitchen floor after like 5 ciders. He had little to no alcohol tolerance then. Now he can drink Chun under the table while making the best dukkbokki and fighting off chagmin at the same time."

"Wow! It's hard keeping Min away from his food. Yumm...I miss his cooking.  Anyway HW took a job in Africa and the Jung had no idea."

"Dang. Still how is Mrs. Jung involved?"

"She still has pull in the company and had Yunho transferred to your area branch. Story goes she...*phone fumbles*"

"Hyuk?"

*more phone fumbling*

"Hyuk, are you there?"

*Sounding distant* "Su can you hear me? Crap...of all times and places to drop the phone."

"Hyuk!"

*Sound distant* That phones down the toilet, Literally"

*Click*