Final

Lost And Found

“Where’s that office again?” Yixing asked the security guard as the warning bell rung throughout the campus.

The adult smiled at the freshman, albeit forcefully, before pointing to a room just a few feet away from him.

The student nodded embarrassedly before muttering a ‘thank you’ and scurrying to the said room. Once he stopped in front of the room, he froze at what he saw.

Five students were seated behind a table and they were looking at him. One of them had the whole sparkling eyes, jet-black hair and full-on smile going on his angel-like face.

“Yes? What can I help you with?” The angel asked.

Yixing gaped like a fish at the beautiful creature behind the window.

“Um, yes?” The angel repeated as the other students inside the room snickered.

“Lost?” Smooth one, Yixing.

“Yes, this is the lost and found.” The angel replied, half-confused and half-amused.

“I, um, I lost...” He dragged out.

“You lost what?” The girl next to the angel asked, a hint of annoyance in her voice as the freshman in front of them is taking too long.

Yixing blinked at the girl’s response.

“I’m sorry,” the angel started. “It’s just that there are only a few minutes left before our shift ends, after that, the Lost and Found office closes.  So, I want to help you while I still can.”

Yixings’s heart pounded against his chest so hard. He wants to help me, him only?  He wants to help me!

“So, yes, what did you lose?” By now, the rest of the students left the front table and just relaxed at the back of the office.

He keeps on saying yes. Yixing thought absentmindedly. I wonder what he’ll say if I told him something like—

“A date with you.” Oooooooh my God.

The angel blinked. “Um, excuse me?”

“I-I mean, uh...” the freshman stammered. “My heart! I lost it just a few minutes ago just around here.” Yes, Yixing, that way WAY better than what you first said.

The student in the office widened his eyes and Yixing was pretty sure that he should start digging a hole for him to be trapped into right about now. They just stared at each other until the final bell rang, signalling the end of the angel's shift.

Yixing almost took a step of disappointment away from the office until he saw the angel flirtingly grin at him. “I think it’s here.”

Yixing’s almost non-existent eyes popped out of his head.

The angel brought out a folder and Yixing saw that he was writing something down.

“ID number?” The angel looked up, playfulness showing in his eyes.

Yixing clumsily removed his ID from his neck before nervously handing it over to him. The black haired angel wrote for a couple of seconds, glancing at the ID every now and then.

“Okay, Yixing,” the angel said, as he gave back the ID. “I’ll give back what you lost.”

 

With that, the angel left the front table and went towards the back of the office. Yixing stood on his tiptoes to check what his—the angel is doing. He only saw him picking things up. The angel went back to the front of the office, all ready to leave with his shoulder bag and folder. He exited through the door located next to the table and went to Yixing’s side.

 

The freshman stared in bewilderment.

“What are you waiting for? I found what you’re looking for: a date with me anywhere you want, whatever your heart desires!” He linked his arm with Yixing’s before walking away from the office. “I’m Junmyeon, by the way, a freshman, too!”

Yixing just nodded, already not believing that he knows the angel’s name and that his unintentional flirting actually worked.

“I guess from this, I can tell you that it’s important to never leave your valuables...” Junmyeon clung to Yixing’s arm tighter. “...unattended.”

 

With the office a few feet away, Yixing suddenly stopped and stared at Junmyeon with a forlorn look on his face, slipping off Junmyeon’s grip.

“What’s the matter, Yixing?” The jet-black haired freshman asked.

“I forgot to ask about my missing underwear and Physics book.” Yixing’s face drooped lower, almost imitating a sad, lost puppy look.

Junmyeon stared for a good minute at the other teen before laughing out loud. He hooked his arm again with Yixing’s before walking once more, promising the other to personally check all of the shelves in the lost and found office as soon as his shift starts.

Yixing just nods and shows a shy grin of appreciation, before turning into a full smile as he felt Junmyeon’s hand slide down from his elbow to grip his hand loosely.


 

Like my first oneshot, I based everything from my own school.

And like the last time, I apologize if it confused you, hehe~