Donghae's unknown secret

Choice of Love

 

Donghae’s POV

I saw the two girls fighting for me. I had better do something. Taeyeon, ever since we first dated, she was always sensible. She’d never go crazy just for a jerk like me. I remembered when I first confessed to Taeyeon, she innocently smiled back at me. Everybody thought I was wild and crazy at that time because I was new to the members of Super Junior. But Taeyeon accepted me. Everyday we’d have bento lunches made by Taeyeon herself together at the canteen alone. Nobody wanted to come near us, for they thought Taeyeon had gone crazy too. To accept a crazy man. We’d go home every day together by bus because we lived near each other. She worked so hard every day, besides being a trainee for SM, she’d work during the weekends just to earn enough money for me to get a car for myself. At that time, I did like her, but whether or not was it love, I wasn’t sure. I guessed I just used her as a puppet to find true love. Pangs of guilt started to creep on me. I shouldn’t have used Taeyeon. My act of selfishness turned her totally head over heels with me. Taeyeon was my only hope for recognition then, but Yoona is my true lover. Who do I choose?

Boss interrupted my line of thoughts. “Donghae-ah! Donghae!”

I jumped up.

“I’ve been calling you since just now!” He sighed.

I put my foot in my mouth, exposing my inner thoughts, “ARGH! I AM GOING CRAZYYYYY!”

He was startled.

“I am sorry…” I felt embarrassed of myself.

Boss guffawed out loud for a moment before he kept quiet and made his stand clear. "Donghae-ah. I know it's hard on you. But I just have to say. You have already debuted but the two girls haven't. You need to consider your image. If one of those gossip staffs of ours spreads the message, I guess you should know clearly yourself what would happen to your image then."

I agreed, “Yes I understand.”

He gave me a chance for leaving work without leave the other day.

“You look pale.” He told me before he left the room.

Indeed, I felt a little woozy, but I’ve taken my medicine already, so I went back to practice my raps with Shindong and Eunhyuk, thinking it was some minor ailment. Just as we finished the practice, the whole world went black. I woke up in a hospital ward.

The doctor was speaking to my manager.

"He needs lots of rest and water. It's dehydration. It can get even serious if he doesn't heal in time." I eavesdropped their conversation. After all, I have a right to know my problem.

“Manager hyung…” I called out to him weakly.

"Can you keep this from Yoona and Taeyeon of Girls’ Generation whom are trainees now? I beg you, please help me to tell boss I would like to meet him. Please do it discretely." I pleaded him. He’d probably think I was a finicky man.

"Yes, I got it. Rest well." he replied.

~~~

Boss came to visit me. “Donghae-ah, what’s wrong?” He asked.

He knew I was more sensible than the girls and always showered me with care and concern. He was always like a father to me,since my father had died early. I whispered into his ears. I knew my request was a hard one, but I managed to persuade him upon telling him what I would do for him…