First Date

Choice of Love

Donghae's POV

My love Yoona was in hospital. How lonely must she have been,staying in the hospital ward alone; eating the bland and tasteless food; as well as the bitter medicine. How tough must it have been to go through all these fainting, and headaches. Maybe even heartaches. I have been through all of them.

I must find a way to make her happy, and not lonely. I think hard, and recalled how she used to write in her diary about Love Story. Love Story was a tragic story, a touching one. I guessed Yoona might want to watch the movie. Well, I hope she hadn't before. If not, I'll be embarrassing.

As I was planning for our first official date we had together, I met Siwon. He had came back to our dorm to take his iPad so he could use it over the weekends at his house.

"Hi Wonnie..." I approached him, hoping to be able to get some tips from him.

He glared at me, but he still coldly replied a "Hi".

I was beginning to feel worried whether he would be willing to tell me more about her. I hesitated, but I still went ahead.

"Um... Do you know what does Yoona like?"

He finally looked up at me, and chokes,"You don't know? You're her boyfriend and you don't know, how would I know?" He nonchalantly answered.

I shook my head. It was the first time ever I felt Siwon was a rude guy. Since we debuted, we were always close. Before *coughs*. Well, I shan't say.

"I know I am just an ex. But since you asked, go and look in our photo album." He pointed next to the bed he slept on in our dorm. I gratefully thanked him, as I went off to search for the photo album in his drawers.

Siwon's POV

Plan A succeeded. To trick Donghae into believing what Yoona liked.

I took out my phone and messaged Taeyeon. "A success, cheers!"

Donghae hurriedly went to the drawers next to my bed and kept searching. After all, I have a messy drawer. He saw the "photo album" between me and Yoona and he took it out immediately.

As he flipped through the pages, he saw photos of Yoona and I during our date. I peered over to take a look, with one look, I chuckled in my heart. The photos were all photoshopped by me and Taeyeon as part of the plan we devised. We knew they would surely have a date and since they never had one, it was a plan of mine.

He took the whole photo album, and dashed out of the room, with a "I KNOW WHAT TO DO!"

Geez. Cool down, it was not like what is in the photo album was genuine. He even waved a bye to me as he ran out.

Even though it was all part of the plan to have Donghae tricked, I was pretty perturbed about seeing him so concerned about Yoona. All these reminds me of how I almost rejected Taeyeon's idea.

(flashback)

After our practice for Breaking Down, Taeyeon came to look for me. Donghae wasn't there, because he was at hospital with Yoona. Apparently Boss allowed him to. At first, I thought she was looking for Donghae, so I couldn't care any less, but she approached me.

"Choi Siwon." She called out to me,I thought I was hearing things as I continued to practice alone.

"CHOI SIWON!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, projecting a higher vocal range than her usual. I was shocked, and I turned to look at her.

When she first told me of her plan, I had strongly resisted. After all, Yoona's an ex. And I still loved her.

"Don't you love Donghae?"

Driven by hatred and jealousy, she smirked, "So what?"

Even as a grown man myself, I was frightened and felt threaten by her. All of a sudden, I felt like a child on the inside, so useless, and had no protection against her. Her intimadating glare gave me shivers. In the past, she had always seemed like the sweetest kid (because of her child-like appearance) when she dated Donghae. All that seems like she had a strong compelling force within her, and if I were to rebel, I would be so dead.

For some strange reason after that though, I had seemed to have abided by all her terms. We met up often soon after, to discuss the plans, but then I didn't even thought what I was doing was wrong. Perhaps I was not in the right mind.

(end of flashback)

Soon after, we'll commence our second plan on them. Theres no backing out now, I am already on her team. If I were to join their team now, I will have to pay the price. I can't take the risk right now.

Donghae's POV

As soon as I saw the photo album, I knew what Yoona had liked. She like chrysanthemums, she likes chocolates. I ran out of the dorm and went to my house to prepare the food, waving Siwon goodbye. He didn't look happy. 

As I was preparing the chocolate cake for her anyways, I wondered, why had Yoona liked chrysanthemums. Weren't they for the dead? I gulped, trying to turn back the time hoping I didn't say it out. She's healthy. She's fine. She probably likes chrysanthemums because  nobody likes them? Perhaps they were unique to her? But then again, it can't all be a lie. It was in the photo album.Unless there's a problem with my eyes.

I packed the food, and went to buy a bouquet of chrysanthemums. I walked into her ward, happy to see her. She grinned at me, but then her face turned black. She didn't look happy. But why? Could it be she ate something wrong earlier? I ran to grab her, putting my hands in front of her in case she needed to vomit. But she didn't.

Yoona's POV

I was really happy to see Donghae oppa. It's as if I haven't seen him for ages. He was carrying something. I peered over to look, excited at what he'd bring. He brought me a chocolate cake and a bouquet of chrysanthemum. I nearly wanted to faint, my head was throbbing. Does he not know chrysanthemum are for people who die? But how could he... And I am allergic to chocolate. Oh gosh! He came over to put his hand in front of me. Well he must have thought I would vomit. I wish I could. But I just didn't want him to worry. On his hands, he held a photo album. I took it from him and flipped through. I frowned, narrowing my eyes into slits. I've never seen these photos before. Where did he get them? And photos of me and Siwon? WEIRD. But that's where he got the ideas from == 

"Oppa... I've never seen these photos before..." I blurted out, but thankfully he didn't hear.

"Pardon?" I shook my head.

He took out a portable DVD player,and he put it in front of me, as he sat next to my bed, as he held my hands tightly. He pressed the play button, and it started to play.

It was Love Story. Tears flowed out of my eyes. Oppa and sae unnie, this made me unhappy, and the recollection of how Donghae had read through my diary. I shan't think so much about the bad memories. I know he meant well. He tried to feed me with the chocolate cake he baked, and I told him I had eaten. But after he insisted, I forced myself and ate a bite.

"It's yummy."

His face brightened up, "I KNOW THAT."

He gave me a e look, I laughed hysterically. I've never seen this side of him before.

Just then, some reporters swarmed in my hospital ward, taking photos here and there. Too astounded to say anything, I urged Donghae to send them out immediately. If they were to post news of Donghae giving me a bouquet of chrysanthemum, or even the chocolate cake, the sones might ridicule him for not knowing him well. I had to protect him. I finally knew who was the mastermind. Kim Taeyeon. She knew it all already. She was peeping in from the door. I never knew she was this mean.

After all the hassle from chasing the reporters away, Donghae needed to go. After all he still had a schedule to attend to. He kissed my forehead and my lips. For once though, I felt true love. It was starting to itch everywhere due to the eating of the chocolate cake so I pushed Donghae away. AND NO, I WILL NOT LET HIM SEE IT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello how do you think of this chapter? Sorry I know I don't give much details, and the starting few chapters have too much loopholes. I will be trying to make it better during these last few chaps. Hope this chapter is more touching than the other ones ^^