Six

Husband Material
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Over the weekend, Luhan reviewed his husband–material lessons. Time was running out for the farm and his mother. Unfortunately, this latest development with Subin only complicated matters. He still couldn’t stop thinking about her and their kiss.

More than once he picked up the telephone, but hung up before dialing her number. Subin hadn’t agreed with his cancelling the husband–material lessons for this weekend, but he knew they needed distance. He couldn’t put them in another potentially romantic position. The consequences were too great. Plus, Luhan had to find a wife. Without Subin’s assistance.

Monday morning, he was ready to face whatever challenge arose. With the determination of a warrior intent on the enemy’s front line, he attacked the contents of his inbox.

"Good morning, Luhan."

He glanced up from a financial report and did a double take at the beautiful woman in a lime green fitted jacket and short skirt. The style flattered her hourglass shape, taking advantage of her voluptuous curves and full s, and showed a lot of skin. He’d never seen so much of her legs before. "Subin?"

As she walked toward him, Luhan noticed the way she jiggled. He squirmed in his chair and glanced at her feet. New shoes; high–heeled pumps that showed off her long legs had replaced her sensible flat ones.

"Did you have a nice weekend?" she asked with a polite smile.

She acted as if today was no different than any other day. But it was. She was. He forced his gaze away before he started to drool.

Luhan cleared his throat. "Yes. Did you go…shopping?"

As she nodded, her glossy dark hair hair shimmered. Soft hair meant for running fingers through. "And your hair?"

"I decided to try something new." She tilted her chin. "Do you like it?"

Like didn’t begin to describe what he thought. He swallowed. Hard. But then he remembered her wind–blown ponytail and how the escaped tendrils had framed her face when they were at the beach. "Yes, but I like your ponytails, too."

She studied him for a moment, then placed a folder on top of his inbox. "I have your travel plans for SEMICON West."

He caught a whiff of something exotic. Not her normal flowery scent. What was going on? Not that it mattered. His thoughts about her were inappropriate. He had to stop. Now. "Thanks."

She smiled. "I forwarded you links to some articles you’ll want to read."

"Okay." Something else was different about her. Her eyes. Same dark eyes, but they stood out more. Makeup, he realized, but it wasn’t just that. "What happened to your glasses?"

"I’ve had contacts for ages, but never wear them at work."

Luhan missed her turquoise frames. He missed her. Sure Subin the y chick was hot, but so was Subin his fresh faced assistant. The realization made him feel even more unsettled. He didn’t want to think of Subin as hot or even a woman, just his assistant. The way it had been before. "Why?"

She stared at him, a smile on her lips and a challenge in her eyes. "I thought it was time."

"Time f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter