Seven

Husband Material
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At three o’clock, Luhan followed two of the company’s newest fund managers out of the meeting room. As they neared the section where general partners and managing directors had offices; one manager elbowed the other.

"I’d like a piece of that," Oh Sehun muttered under his breath.

Luhan couldn’t see who he meant, but the guy’s suggestive tone spelled trouble. Not to mention a total disregard for company policy, a lack of respect for co-workers and unacceptable behaviour from someone in his position.

"You want to share?" Kim Jongin asked.

Sehun laughed. "You think there’s enough for both of us?"

Curiosity got the better of Luhan. He glanced over their heads and saw Subin with her back to them.

They were talking about Subin. His Subin.

His temperature shot up. His blood pressure spiralled. Muscles bunched and knotted. A protective instinct roared to life. He wanted to punch someone; and in this case the two men with him.

Don’t lose control, Luhan. She’s worth it, but they aren’t.

Luhan took a deep breath, three actually. "I don’t know what the corporate environment was like where you came from, but here at Black Pearl, we respect employees like my hardworking, brilliant assistant over there."

He pushed his way between the two pea brains and strode toward Subin. She spoke with a very pregnant, very glowing Im Yoona, the executive assistant to Nam Woohyun. Luhan waited for Subin to notice him. She didn’t. Funny, but she was normally so attuned to him.

"Subin," he said finally.

She straightened and turned. "What are you doing here?"

"The presentation, remember?"

"Oh, yeah," she sounded preoccupied.

"That graph you added at the last minute was a huge hit." He smiled. "Made several of the higher–ups take notice."

The corners of lifted. "Good for you."

"Are you heading down?"

"Yes." She waved the folder in her hand at Yoona. "I’ll talk to you later."

As the headed towards his office, Subin said, "Luhan, we need to talk."

"I know." This wasn’t the best time or place, but he wanted to get it over with. Inside the elevator, he pressed the button for their floor and the doors closed. "I wanted to tell you that I’ve been reviewing my husband–material notes."

"You took notes?"

"A student, remember?"

Luhan expected a smile. He didn’t get one. The muscles in his shoulders tensed.

"It’s not so clear–cut."

"True, but I’m finished with the lessons." He needed to save the farm but he also needed to stop these crazy feelings about Subin. As soon as he got married, things between them would return to normal. They had to, right? "It’s time to find a wife."

The corners of tightened. "You need to find her yourself."

"I know, and I’ve already started," he explained. "I created a spreadsheet with information about each wife candidate to make sure I choose the correct one."

"Oh, Luhan." Subin sighed. "You’re one of the best analysts is Seoul, but you don’t have a clue unless it relates to economics, the Dow or NASDAQ."

He drew his brows together. "What do you mean?"

"You research information to rate a company’s stock perfo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter