That Next Day

Perfect

“Hey, wake up.”

“Wake up, Sleeping Beauty.”

“Don’t make me do it.”

Areum groaned when she felt her blanket being ripped away from her, and received a heavy smack to her head from a pillow.

“Jungah, why are you here so early in the morning?” Areum wanted to say, but it came out more muffled and incoherent as she was face down into her pillow.

“Girl, don’t act all innocent. I know Chanyeol was here last night.”

Areum was fully awake by now from the sound of his name. She sat up from her bed, her hair in a chaotic arrangement, but nevertheless, still presentable in some way.

“What do you mean?” Areum asked, trying not to act suspiciously. Her eyes met with Jungah’s, but Jungah’s eyes were met with what Areum was wearing.

“Is… that?” Areum winced, knowing what was about to happen.

“NO WONDER YOU SMELL LIKE A BOY! AND CHANYEOL WORE THAT YESTERDAY! OH MY GOD!” Jungah screeched, flying onto Areum’s bed. “Wait, does that mean you two…”

Areum threw a pillow at Jungah’s face, effectively shutting her up. “Oh my gosh, please! Stop being a ert!” Areum blushed madly.

“Are you guys dating now? What was it like? Did you see him shirtless? Did you guys kiss?” Jungah rambled on.

“What? No! He was not shirtless and we aren’t dating! Nothing happened! Jungah you really are crazy sometimes.” Areum explained, embarrassed at the thought of Chanyeol shirtless.

Jungah had a disappointed look sprawled across her face. “Oh. Well that’s lame.”

Areum rolled her eyes as she plopped back down in her bed. “He just came over last night to talk about plans for prom. Then he left. That’s it.”

“So why are you wearing his sweater then?” Jungah smirked, excited by the thought.

“I walked him to the bus stop and he lent me his sweater because it was cold. I didn’t ask for it.” Areum frowned. “Are you done interrogating me now? And how did you even get in my house?”

“I have my ways, little Areumie. So why did you sleep in his sweater? Do you like him?”

Areum blushed again, flustered at Jungah’s question. Do I like him? “I guess I forgot to take off the sweater before bed.” She tried to reply.

“So do you like him?” Jungah pressed.

“I guess. I don’t know. Maybe.” Areum mumbled, lost in thought. Her heart was racing, a tingly nervousness spreading throughout her body. “I’m not sure.” She said quietly, shy from the thought.

“Oh my goodness, my little Areumie has a crush!” I can’t wait to tell Sehun about this!

“Please don’t tell anyone, though. You’re the only one who knows so far, I guess.” Areum said quickly, nervous from the thought of the whole school knowing of her crush.

“Ah, yes. Of course.” I have to tell Sehun though, Areum. It’s for your own good. “My best friend is growing up.” She smiles.

 

 


 

 

“So,” Sehun starts. “Our little Areumie may or may not have feelings for a certain Chanyeol.”

“Wait, Really?” Jongin smiles widely. “How adorable is that.”

“So are they going to date now, or what?” Baekhyun pipes in, curious.

“A certain Chanyeol does not know about her feelings.” Sehun speaks again.

“Well that .” Jongin snorts. “They need to date already. How many years has it been, three? I could feel the love tension between those two.”

“I’d ship them together.” Baekhyun adds. “My little Chanyeol is growing up!”

“Chanyeol? Little? He’s like a foot taller than you, Baek.” Sehun rolls his eyes.

“Shut up.”

“If they don’t start dating by prom, then I believe that Chanyeol is a total idiot.” Jongin declares.

“We should set them up.”

“Like how?”

“I have a plan.”

 


 

After Jungah left (or more like Areum forced her out of the house), she checked her phone, and a text from Chanyeol.

To: Areum

Good Morning :)

 

Areum automatically smiled, wasting no time in replying back.

 


 

“So I already arranged a limo for us, and Jongin and Sehun really wanted us to go spend that night in Jeju at a beach house. Only if that’s okay with you.” Chanyeol said, leaning into the lockers as Areum was gathering her books in her hand.

“That sounds great. Thanks for doing this.” Areum smiles softly as she looks up at Chanyeol, her heart fluttering a tiny bit as she looked into his eyes. “I’m glad we’re going together.”

“I’m just glad I have an amazing date.” He quips, causing Areum to blush.

“Whatever you say.”

“What class are you headed to?” Chanyeol asks.

“History. I have an exam today.” Areum speaks with disappointment.

“Poor you. Come on, I’ll walk you there.” Chanyeol offers. Without another word, he grabs Areum’s books in one arm, and placed his other arm around her. Her heart raced, and she could already feel the blood rushing toward her cheeks. They were so close.

She could feel people staring at them in the hallways, and wanted to hide in a dark hole forever. They might get the wrong idea…

Before she knew it, they both reached her classroom. “Thanks for carrying my books. I’m sorry, they were probably heavy.”

Chanyeol dismisses that thought. “Of course they weren’t heavy. It was no problem.”

“Okay, well thanks for-“ Areum was cut short when she felt him quickly grab her towards his embrace, voices shouting behind her, “Watch out!”

She heard a loud crash behind her, realizing why Chanyeol suddenly grabbed her so close. She looked back, seeing a huge library cart toppled over with textbooks sprawled across the floor everywhere.

“Are you okay, Areum?” Chanyeol asked, her attention brought back to him.

“I’m fine, just a bit startled. Are you okay?”

Chanyeol smiles. “I’m fine. You know, you should really be more cautious. Wouldn’t want anything happening to my date before prom comes.”

“Sorry.” Areum blushed. “Anyways, thanks for walking me to class.”

“It’s no problem. See ya around. Oh, and good luck on your exam!” Chanyeol pats her on the head, messing with her hair in the process. Areum scrunches her nose in playful annoyance.

“Hey!” She calls out, trying to fix her hair.

“Cute.” He smiles again, walking away.

Areum paused from his words, or word for that matter. Cute. He thinks I’m cute.

 


(a/n): part 3 will be up soon :))