Hell's Calling

Hell's Calling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Hell's Calling~

            Darkness surrounds us all but some let it consume them entirely.

            "Such a horribly tainted soul. I'm surprised you're even still considered human." The demon smirks, trying to elicit some sort of reaction out of the human before him.

            "If my soul wasn't so horribly tainted then you wouldn't have come now would you?" The human doesn't even flinch at the formidable creature that's circling him as if he was prey, ready to be devoured.

            The demon's grin widened and red eyes flash brightly, "I never meant to insult you with that comment. In actuality, I find your tainted soul your best quality."

            "Is that so?"

            "Of course, one like yours will be the best meal that I'm probably going to have for the next century."

            "You can have it. Take my soul."

            "Don't say that so lightly because I will take you up on that offer. Let's get down to real business, what is your reason for calling me?"

            "Revenge."

            "Ah, how typical for a human. I can't say I'm surprised in the slightest. However, you happen to be in luck, you managed to summon the right type of demon. I love shedding blood in the human world almost as much as I love eating tainted souls." The demon makes no attempt to hide his bloodlust before the human. "Let us enter a binding contact. From now on, for the price of your soul, I will serve no one but you, Master."

            The human looks almost amused as the demon bows before him. "What's your name?"

            A wry smile that doesn't escape notice stretches across the demon's lips, "For eons, I have been known as Sehun."

            "Sehun." The human tries out the name as if trying to get used to the syllables passing his tongue. After a nod of affirmation, the human motions for the demon to stand straight. "My name is Luhan, address me as so or as Master whichever you prefer."

            "Noted, now shall I exercise a bit of my power for you to witness?" Sehun is smiling but it's in such a twisted way that Luhan almost gets the chills.

            "Be my guest." Luhan scrutinizes Sehun under a cold stare, "Kill them all right now."

            Sehun almost glows in glee, "Is that an order?"

            "Yes. Get me out of here."

            "Understood Master." Sehun reaches forward and covers Luhan's eyes, "But first, let's get you out of this darkness."

            Luhan awakens with a painful gasp, eyes snapping wide open just in time to witness the splatter of blood staining the walls with a sick splashing sound while the agonized screams acted as nothing more than background noise. He'd be disgusted and horrified if he even gave a damn anymore but the sight of the blood dripping, sliding down slowly on the wall has him momentarily mesmerized.

            "The sight of blood does not frighten you?" The familiar voice causes Luhan to turn his head away from the bloody wall and take a look at the demon standing before him. His demon standing before him; covered in a spray of blood that stretched from his shoes to his collar.

            Luhan lifts himself up from the dissecting table he was laying on, only a dirtied sheet was used to cover his lower regions. He was going to be killed next if it wasn't for Sehun stepping in. "They deserved it. Besides there is much more blood to be spilt. This is only the beginning."

            "Excellent. I look forward to it." Sehun isn't phased, he's seen worse of the human race before. Nothing surprises him anymore. He leans forward and off the drop of blood that had fallen on to Luhan's cheek during his massacre of the people in the room, "Use me as you wish. I am yours until your revenge is satisfied."

             Luhan's gaze darkens as he swipes at his moistened cheek with the back of his hand, "I will."

+          +          +          +          +          +          +          +          +          +          +          +

            Luhan knows each and every one of the perpetrators that were involved. The one's who've stripped him bare of his pride, his dignity, his honor, and very nearly his life. But he's still here with the trade he made with a demon and he's not letting a single one escape his wrath.

            Which all leads to why Sehun and himself are heading to a one on one dinner with the one and only Youngmin Kim even though everything about this dinner itself spells of nothing but a trap.

            "I can't deny that I was quite surprised earlier in the day when I received the invitation and saw the name of one of my rival companies on the message inviting me to a dinner." Luhan takes the seat that Sehun pulls out for him as Youngmin walks to the other end of the table to take his own seat in the dining hall.

            "Rivals is quite the strong word though," jokes Youngmin freely, "Your late father and I were just simply competitive with one another. Oh- excuse me I didn't mean to bring up any painful memories."

            Luhan easily waves it off as if it were nothing more than a slip of the tongue, "Don't worry over such things, what's been done has been done. All that's left is the present and the upcoming future, don't you agree?"

            Youngmin's lips curl up in a rather lopsided grin, "Yes the upcoming future does look promising but it's such a shame really…"

            There's a light breeze that passes by Luhan's right and the human takes a discreet glance at Sehun who still appears to be standing dutifully next to him as if he never moved from the spot. Luhan makes an inquisitive hum as he places his attention back on Youngmin, "How so?"

            The middle aged man on the other end of the table begins laughing quietly as if enjoying a private joke until he couldn't take it for much longer and burst out in full unashamed laughter, "It's a shame that your future simply ends here and you will be joining those foolish parents of yours before you know it. Now!"

            There's a short pause before the first sound that's heard by both parties in the room is a drop of liquid landing onto a hard surface. Youngmin looks nervous, there's already sweat beginning to form on his brow as a sudden red stain on the white tablecloth blooming, growing, soaking into the soft fabric catches his attention. Then suddenly there's another and another and another and another and another until the red drops spilled down in a rain-like spray.

            Luhan, completely unperturbed, brings his arms up onto the only part of the table that remains pure white, untouched and rests his chin on the top of his interlaced fingers. "Surely you do not believe me to be this stupid. The second balcony was full of hired assassins, which must have cost you quite the fortune but sadly for you, Sehun has already taken all the measures necessary to ensure my safety. I'm untouchable by anyone and anything other than Sehun."

            Luhan's eyes stay focused on Youngmin across the table, who looks paralyzed with fear and shock. "So tell me does being a pawn give you a purpose in life? Does it fulfill that worthless hole inside of you?"

            The corner of Luhan's lip lifts upwards in a dark twisted smirk as he watches Youngmin fall from his seat and scramble for the door like a desperate rat looking for escape. Sehun has already locked all the exits and entrances after their meal had arrived. Luhan feels a sense of obligation of sorts to warn the scrambling scum, "Running is absolutely futile."

            Youngmin pulls, slams, and kicks at the door desperately. He screams for help but there won't be anyone to hear his cries. Sehun appears right behind Youngmin with a calm voice, "Sir I believe you should realize by now that it is utterly impossible for you to escape from this so please calm down and take a seat. My Master has questions he would like to ask you."

            Youngmin turns around only to scream in fear. Sehun's eyes are the color of blood, it matches the vibrant red splashes that decorate the entire left side of his body; leaving his white button up completely stained and his left hand dripping with the remains of his complete massacre.

            "What are you!?" Youngmin falls to the floor in despair. He's done for, this monster before him will surely kill him before he so much as takes a breath.

            The dread and fear filling the weak human before him amuses the demon very much. "Apparently your worst nightmare at this point but that is entirely beside the point. My Master is not a patient person so if you-"

            Youngmin's eyes fall to Luhan who's still seated at the end of the table. Luhan has a blank expression before him but his darkened eyes tell all, he's enjoying the show his demon is putting on for him. "Whatever he's paying you I'll double it! I'll give you whatever you want just don't-"

            Sehun's loud laughter instantly silences Youngmin's desperate plead, Luhan even cracks a twisted smile at the sound. Youngmin can only watch in complete hopelessness as Sehun almost doubles over in complete mirth.

            Sehun takes a moment to gasp in a steadying breath before giving Youngmin a condescending look. "You have absolutely nothing I could want. Weak, worthless trash like you wouldn't even be appetizing for even the lowest demon."

            Youngmin stares disbelievingly at the monster before him, he has no chance left and he acknowledges that this will be his death. Seeing the man completely having given up on struggling and fighting back, Sehun picks up him up from the floor by the scruff of his collar and drags him back to his seat at the other end of the dinner table before going to stand beside Luhan.

            Luhan sees the hopeless look in Youngmin's eyes and can't even find an ounce of pity in him to spare for the pathetic man. "Now why don't you answer a few questions for me?"

            "No."

            Youngmin raises the dinner knife with one fluid motion.

            Luhan isn't afraid.

            Not because Sehun will protect him at all costs but he's seen the look in Youngmin's eyes before, Luhan knows he's felt that same desperation for some type of escape from this hellish reality so he knows what Youngmin will do with that knife and it has nothing to do with Luhan in the slightest.

            As Youngmin brings the knife downwards, Luhan was ready to look away from it but a cold hand comes up to cover his vision. Luhan can still hear though, he can hear the knife making a disgusting scraping sound on soft flesh, the red droplets of blood leaking to the hard wood floors with soft pitters, and the last breath Youngmin shudders to take.

            The world before Luhan comes back into view again, painted in the most vibrant of reds as Sehun removes his hand from Luhan's eyes. It seems his view of the world will always be stained in this bloody color.

            "Why did you shield my eyes?" It's just a question for curiosity sake's because this demon of his surely loves the display of blood being spilt but to cover his eyes, as if to protect his innocence, was something Luhan could never really picture Sehun doing.

            "I did not deem it fit for you to see something of that caliber." Sehun doesn't look any different, isn't acting any different, and surely isn't saying anything different. Maybe Sehun saw this as another part of his duties to fulfill.

            "Don't ever do that again." The words are bleak without any biting tone behind it. Luhan just doesn't want to see Sehun protecting something as worthless to him as his last shreds of innocence, if he even has something like that in him anymore.

            "…As you wish."

            Luhan still isn't sure if Sehun really understands what he's asking for but he accepts the answer.

            "Shall we head out, Luhan?"

            The human raises an eyebrow at the sudden use of his name from the demon now of all times. Sehun only chooses to call Luhan by name when they're alone together without any chance of outsiders hearing them or maybe Sehun's using this opportunity to show him the extent of his control over Sehun.

            Luhan doesn't like it.

+          +          +          +          +          +          +          +          +          +          +          +

            The more time Luhan spends with Sehun, the more he gets confused about where their boundaries with each other stand. He knows Sehun shouldn't care for him or bother with anything other than his wishes of revenge but Sehun has a tendency to go out of his way to provide Luhan with everything even when Luhan doesn't ask for it.

            It's a few hours before they go after their next target that Luhan voices his curiosities to Sehun while they're in his mansion's library, "Why are you going this far? Isn't it just more work for you?"

            The demon just looks at him with a pleasant expression, although there's a glint in Sehun's eye that hints he knows what Luhan is referring to, he still asks, "What do you mean?"

            "Is it really necessary for you to shield my eyes from the act of blood shed and violence? Aren't I nothing more than food to you? When this contract is done, I will be nothing," replies Luhan evenly, he's already come to terms with his inevitable fate.

            Sehun shakes his head, "I serve you, so of course I would take care of my master. Isn't that reason enough?"

            "Reasoning from a demon that reeks of nothing more than bloodlust is a quite unreliable in it's own way."

            Sehun scoffs as he approaches Luhan who's standing before the bookshelves. He lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter