Chapter IV

Confounded

It was barely nine o’clock when Jongin stormed off to his room and locked himself in, burying his face in his pillow and pouting miserably. Why did he have to ruin everything? Clearly, he hadn’t shook that curse at all by falling in love with Kyungsoo – he’d only been drawn in deeper. When did anyone ever say no to him? And Kyungsoo had just walked away like he couldn’t have been less interested.

He shouted into his pillow, curling up and feeling extremely pathetic. The sounds of the party came in through the door, and he wanted to go out and yell at everyone to go home, but he couldn’t. He just had to suffer through it. After an hour or so though, he heard someone go into his sister’s room next door, and there was the sound of something – or someone – being thrown up against the wall, then occasional giggling that made its way to Jongin’s ears. Jongin didn’t want to listen, but then it got quiet for a bit anyway – until the loud moans started. It was impossible to ignore, and moreover, the fact that the lower voice was saying hyung didn’t evade Jongin either.

Jealousy rippled through him. One room over, two guys had all the luck he had missed out on and were getting to bang each other. Why can’t I just have that? Eventually he realized who it was next door, when he heard the lower voice keen out Baekhyun, and Jongin scowled. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he texted his older friends to shut up, which of course they ignored. Their phones were undoubtedly in their clothes which were nowhere near them. Not particularly wanting to hear his friends having , he grabbed his headphones and rolled over, turning on music loud enough to tune everything out.

For a while he played games on his phone, but he kept getting messages from girls asking where he was, if he wanted to hook up. Jongin was really tempted to send out a mass message to every girl on his phone saying I’m not freaking interested, but he just turned off his notifications instead and went back to his game until he fell asleep.

It was something like ten in the morning when he finally got out of bed. The party went on until four, by which point most people had already made their way home; the remainder passed out on the couch – both upstairs and down – and all the bedrooms were littered. People even laid out on the floor – were they really too out of it to call themselves a cab?

Jongin was usually pretty hungover in the morning after a party and was thus not in a good mood. Having not even finished a bottle of soju, he wasn’t hungover this morning, but he was still grumpy when he woke up and remembered his less than fantastic night. He’d woken up constantly through the night, music dragging him out of sleep whenever he’d started dreaming until he finally pulled his headphones out and threw them away. Still, it was hours before the music stopped in the rest of the house, and Jongin wasn’t a light sleeper per se, but when his head was already buzzing with thoughts it didn’t take much to wake his busy mind. Everything was screwed up with Kyungsoo… He didn’t even bother checking his phone, sliding out of bed and heading for the bathroom.

Don’t I look good?, he thought sarcastically at the sight of his reflection. Okay, maybe he wasn’t at his best when he’d just woken up, but when had Kyungsoo ever seen him like this? Jongin thought he was a pretty good-looking guy, he didn’t get why he had to work so hard to impress the older so much. He shrugged it off, brushing his teeth and then getting the girl passed out in his tub out of the room so he could pee. Then he was going through the rooms, gradually clearing the place of the pairs of teens who stank of alcohol, , and B.O. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were still in his sister’s room, cuddling in their sleep and looking all happy and in love. It was with great pleasure that Jongin beat them awake with one of his sister’s pillows and then told them to go home.

When the upper floor was cleared and cleaned, he moved onto the main floor, and then the basement. Some people were already waking up on their own with all the noise he was making – vacuuming, tossing bottles in the recycling, etc – which was fine with him; the less people he had to deal with right now, the better. Eventually the place was empty of any signs that a party had ever taken place. All he had left was the backyard. As he reached his back door, he noticed the storage closet door and decided to check in it on a whim (in case someone left some weird crap in there; it wasn’t really unheard of). He just glanced inside, not really expecting to find anything, but then made out someone on the floor, leaned up against the wall. At first he thought someone had just passed out in there, until he switched on the light – and recognized the clothes they were wearing.

“Kyungsoo?” Jongin was a bit stunned for a minute. What the hell is he doing here? He’d thought Kyungsoo had gone home last night. Jongin swallowed, bracing himself for having to talk to the boy who had walked away from him; maybe he’d been wrong about the kind of fun Kyungsoo was planning to have – maybe Kyungsoo had had the kind of fun Jongin wanted, with someone else. It made him feel nauseous. Maybe I shouldn’t ask questions.

His stomach was twisting sickeningly as he kneeled down beside the other and touched his shoulder. Jongin was surprised to find Kyungsoo’s clothes were damp – what the hell? Do I even want to know? But now he was more level with the older, he could see Kyungsoo’s face and, for the second time in a few weeks, he was sporting a black eye, his lip very swollen too. Not only that, but his lips were… almost blue. Starting to worry, Jongin felt Kyungsoo’s cheek and found it shockingly cold.

“Kyungsoo?” he repeated, heart skipping fearfully. “Kyungsoo! Wake up!” Kyungsoo wasn’t moving at all, and Jongin doubted he slept that well, not when someone yelled in his face the way Jongin was doing. Jongin shook his shoulder, and then grabbed both and shook harder when Kyungsoo’s head just fell back against the wall and he didn’t wake. “Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo!

Jongin was torn between slapping him and bursting into tears when Kyungsoo’s eyelashes fluttered, and he did neither but couldn’t stop saying Kyungsoo’s name either, even when the boy’s face scrunched up in pain and he cried out weakly. It was all Jongin could do not to cup Kyungsoo’s face and kiss him, and cry because he’d thought he had just found the other dead in his house and his heart wouldn’t stop pounding, but he managed. The older needed help – and they needed to get out of this closet.

“Can you move?” he asked Kyungsoo, blinking quickly a few times because his eyes were getting too watery. Kyungsoo tried to reply but only ended up coughing before gasping and clenching his fists in pain, squeezing his eyes shut. Apparently talking was too much for him, and Jongin decided against asking any further questions, picking the smaller up (and finding all his clothes were wet – what had he done, gone swimming fully clothed?) and carrying him up to his room, telling him not to talk when Kyungsoo tried to question him.

Once he got Kyungsoo up to his room (and this is not even close to the way I wanted this to be) Jongin laid him on the bed and brushed his hair out of his face. Kyungsoo didn’t even seem to notice, clearly in too much pain to register much. (Jongin vaguely wondered if Kyungsoo would even realize it if he leaned down and kissed him, but he figured it was safer to not find out.) But he did notice when Jongin started tugging on his jacket – which Jongin was not trying to strip him for -related reasons! – and his eyes flew open, staring at Jongin in confusion. Still, Kyungsoo barely managed to ask what Jongin was doing, and he was too weak to really fight Jongin on it anyway.

(Some terrible part of Jongin pointed out that Kyungsoo wouldn’t be able to stop him from doing a lot of things, if he tried them. But Jongin wasn’t that much of an – he needed to know Kyungsoo wanted him back before he did anything like that.)

Kyungsoo sat up to let Jongin take his jacket off him, but he could hardly hold himself up and Jongin had to do that too. And Kyungsoo didn’t even look affected when Jongin pulled off the black tee clinging to the older’s skin and goosebumps shivered across his body. But he held onto Jongin afterwards, panting, his fingers painfully tight around Jongin’s arms. Jongin was too distracted to even feel it.

Blossoming under Kyungsoo’s skin was a dark bruise that took up much of his stomach and faded into his chest. Jongin stared in disbelief, finally beginning to understand why Kyungsoo was in so much pain. Someone had gone after him… someone had gone too far. He wanted to ask who it was, but just breathing seemed to be hurting Kyungsoo, so he didn’t say anything about it.

When Kyungsoo’s nails stopped digging into his skin, Jongin opened his mouth to ask if he was okay, but before he could Kyungsoo was moving on to his jeans. Jongin watched as the older struggled, and he couldn’t help his mind going to the thoughts of Kyungsoo taking his clothes off for him. He shook his head slightly, trying not to let those ideas get to him; Kyungsoo was hurting right now, he needed to focus on that. After a moment it was clear that Kyungsoo was shaking too much to undo his jeans, and Jongin murmured, “I got it,” and replaced Kyungsoo’s hands easily. The older held Jongin’s arms again, and then Jongin took his waist and helped him stand carefully. This was starting to feel too much like something else – something Jongin desperately wanted it to be – and he couldn’t lift his eyes as he slid off Kyungsoo’s jeans, because if he met Kyungsoo’s eyes Jongin wasn’t going to be able to stop himself from kissing him, and that wasn’t going to help anything right now.

By the time he had Kyungsoo in just his boxers, Jongin was feeling very warm. He wanted to ask if it was okay to take those off too, but his throat was closed and he couldn’t speak if he tried. After a moment of hesitation, Jongin moved his hands back to Kyungsoo’s waist, holding his breath and keeping his eyes on that bruise and then removing the last bit of material clothing the older. With that Kyungsoo got into his bed, still shivering, and Jongin covered him up. He managed to find his voice and told the other he would be right back, hurrying out of the room and down the hall.

He was half-hard in his jeans when he entered the bathroom and grabbed a face cloth, running hot water and soaking the cloth in it before ringing it out. Thoughts completely dazed, Jongin wiped his hands off on the front of his pants and then dug his thumb into his inner thigh, drawing a moan out of his throat. His pupils were dilating in the mirror, his head spinning with all the desires he was fighting. Still he tried to calm himself down, heading downstairs and grabbing a water bottle from his fridge and pressing it against the back of his neck as he returned to Kyungsoo. Just take care of him and stop being so hormonal.

This much he did, urges gradually flowing out of him as he worried over Kyungsoo. And when Kyungsoo threw up Jongin forgot all about how much he wanted him. When Kyungsoo was crying, gasping in pain, Jongin’s chest felt heavy, throat growing thick again. All he could do was run his hand up and down Kyungsoo’s spine and wait until the boy stopped. Then he channeled his mother, doing the things he thought she would do in this situation – painkillers, something light to eat, getting hold of Kyungsoo’s mom. For the latter, he told her he had wanted to ask her himself if he could spend the day with her son, which seemed to make her day. (She said yes, anyway.) He promised to bring the older back by the end of the day.

After he had called her, Kyungsoo held his hand up for the phone, which Jongin gave him questioningly. The boy dialed a number and returned the phone to him.

“Who’s this?” Jongin asked worriedly as the phone rang in his ear. Kyungsoo just mouthed out Joonmyun as the boy picked up on the other end of the line.

“Hello?”

“Hi, this is Kim Jongin.”

“Uh. Hi?” Joonmyun sounded utterly confused, and Jongin’s nerves subsided slightly. What did he even have to worry about? Calling some guy from school for the boy he liked was not a big deal for Kim Jongin.

“Kyungsoo wanted me to call you,” he explained, voice growing casual (and slightly cocky). “I found him at my place this morning and he’s… kind of beat up. Just… yeah. So you aren’t wondering what happened to him.”

“Is he alright?”

“Yeah,” Jongin lied. He didn’t really want Joonmyun feeling the need to come over and take Kyungsoo away from him or something. “Just had a rough night, I guess. Anyway, that’s all.”

Honestly, for someone so social Jongin could be pretty awkward sometimes. He didn’t really know what his excuse was – other than he’d never expected to have called someone like Joonmyun, being who he was; but then, he never thought he’d fall for someone like Do Kyungsoo of all people, and now he had the boy in his bed. (He only wished that was as good as it sounded.) Jongin supposed he had to get used to interacting with these kinds of people, even if only secretly.

With awkward phone calls out of the way, Jongin was left to just dote on Kyungsoo, but this turned out to be fairly easy. Once Kyungsoo was finished eating Jongin took his bowl down to the kitchen, and when he came back up the older had fallen asleep. Although tempted to get into bed with the other, Jongin pulled up the chair from his desk and moved it beside the bed, sitting in it and watching over Kyungsoo (in a 100% non-creepy, concerned kind of way). He felt Kyungsoo’s forehead but the boy was a comfortable temperature now, and then his hand trailed down the older’s cheek, his neck, and down his arm until Jongin took his hand and just held it. Because he wanted to, and it couldn’t hurt, right?

He squeezed Kyungsoo’s hand lightly, and he must’ve been imagining it but he almost thought he felt Kyungsoo squeeze back.

(Right.)

Jongin fell asleep for a while, and when he woke up again Kyungsoo’s eyes were open, arms folded across his chest. He seemed slightly better, no longer looking cold or like he was in pain (which made Jongin wonder how long it should be before he gave Kyungsoo another painkiller), and he had gone back to scowling which was probably a good sign (although it was kind of disappointing to have those eyes glaring at him again).

His family came home shortly after he awoke and he headed downstairs, not entirely sure how to explain the situation they’d come back to. Hey guys, the guy I’m in love with is over and in a lot of pain in my bed, no big deal. Can I get some help?

“Hi Jongin,” his mom said when he appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

“Someone’s tired,” his noona said, smirking at him. “Didn’t sleep last night?”

“Not really,” he shrugged, not really in the mood for his sisters’ teasing as usual.

“Aw,” his other sister said sarcastically. “The tough life of an overed teenage boy.”

“The place looks good,” Jongin’s father told him, not seeming to want to talk about what Jongin was doing ually any more than Jongin did. His younger sister, meanwhile, seemed uninterested in the adult conversation and was kicking off her shoes and running past Jongin.

“Thanks,” Jongin said quietly. “I, um, didn’t get to the backyard yet. Sorry.” His mother raised an eyebrow at him. “I… I found a friend of mine this morning, and he – he’s really sick. I’ve been taking care of him, but I really don’t know what I’m doing.”

“Is he alright?”

Jongin didn’t really know how to answer that – was Kyungsoo alright? He wasn’t really trained in that area. “Can you check on him?” he asked his mother. She nodded, asking for a few minutes to get settled back in and going off to unpack. Jongin stayed in the kitchen, and his sisters continued to badger him.

“So, do you know the name of the girl you slept with last night?” one asked, poking his side as he went into the fridge for a drink. He swatted her hand away.

“I didn’t sleep with a girl,” he snapped irritably, then realizing how that sounded, added, “Or a guy. I didn’t have anyone in bed last night.”

“So where did you have them?”

“I’m gonna hit you if you don’t shut up.”

“Aww, our Jongie-poo is grumpy,” his oldest sister laughed. “’Cause no one would sleep with him.” He turned around and glared at her, but this only made her laugh further.

“Don’t call me that,” he grumbled, grabbing the milk carton and drinking it straight up, knowing it would bother her. In a second she was smacking the back of his head and causing him to choke. “,” he shot at her.

“Don’t be a pig,” she retorted, throwing a dishcloth at him.

“And watch your language,” their dad added as their younger sister ran back into the room and clung onto Jongin’s leg.

“Why did someone hit your friend?” she asked him curiously, staring wide-eyed up at him.

“Were you bugging him?” he groaned. “Don’t bother him! He’s not feeling well.”

“Why did he get hit?” she wondered again, and Jongin just frowned down at her, shaking her off of him. She still followed after him, whining his name annoyingly. Then suddenly she said, “He’s pretty,” and he stopped, causing her to walk into him. Immediately she was clinging to him again.

“I know,” he mumbled.

“Then why was he-”

“I don’t know. I didn’t ask,” he told her. “And don’t you be either.” His noona was staring at him now, eating a bunch of grapes, and then she threw one at him and hit him in the neck. “Yah, what the hell! Where did you even get those?!”

She snorted. “We bought them when we were gone,” she said with a grin. “Is the guy upstairs the guy you’re crushing on?”

“What-“

“Your gay crush is here?” his other sister threw in, looking dramatically over-excited. “Can we meet him? What’s his name? Did you two have s-”

“Jongin,” a voice came from the top of the stairs, and he saw his mom, who gestured at his bedroom door. “I’m going now,” she told him. He nodded, shooting a last glare at his sisters.

“I don’t have a gay crush, and don’t you ever say that around him,” he ordered as he stalked upstairs, and they cackled as he went. “Demon women,” he grumbled to himself.

Kyungsoo was just as he’d been left, and when Jongin peeked in the room his mother was sitting in his chair, so he just stayed in the doorway and watched his mom quietly. She mostly just checked him over, announcing that she couldn’t find anything wrong with him. Then Jongin pointed out the bruise covering Kyungsoo’s stomach, and she looked at it, giving Jongin a severe look.

“That doesn’t look very good,” she told Kyungsoo, but the boy just shrugged lightly. “Does it feel like anything’s broken or anything?” At this, he shook his head.

“Just – lungs,” he choked out. “Sore-” He started coughing violently, sitting up and leaning over while he shook. Jongin’s mom rested her hand on his back lightly, and after a moment he calmed again. “Inhaled – lot of water.”

“How did that happen?” He only shook his head at this, and she touched his shoulder, pushing lightly to lay him back down. “Just take it easy then.” Kyungsoo nodded and pulled Jongin’s blankets back over himself, and Jongin’s mom left, meeting Jongin’s eyes as she went out of the room – which meant We need to talk. As soon as she was out of the doorway she said sternly, “Might I ask why he isn’t wearing any clothes?”

Jongin felt himself blushing. “They were all wet, and he was cold… I thought it’d be better to take them off,” he mumbled.

“Do you know what happened to him?”

“No. I haven’t asked,” Jongin admitted as she led them back to the kitchen. “I thought he’d gone home last night, but I found him like that this morning.”

“Is he cute?” Jongin’s sister asked as soon as they entered the room.

Lucky for Jongin, he was his mom’s favourite (he thought so anyway; she spoiled him the most and at least acted the most fond of him). Clearly, she understands how hard it is to be a guy with three sisters. “Must you torment your brother all the time?” she asked the girl before returning to Jongin. “I think he got in a fight with someone. And I think they may have tried to drown him.”

“Woah,” Jongin’s noona said quietly. “’s getting real.”

“Language.”

Jongin was stunned. Why hadn’t he thought of that? He knew someone had beat him up (although he was still working on accepting that fact), but it should’ve been obvious from his clothes, from the fact that he couldn’t talk, that it hurt to breathe… of course someone had tried to drown Kyungsoo. Jongin could feel everyone’s eyes on him, but he was too dazed to care. He didn’t even know how he felt; dizzy, angry, upset… Who the hell thought they could just – try and kill Kyungsoo? Seriously – what if they had killed Kyungsoo?

“Ooooh, he’s mad,” his sister’s voice broke through his thoughts, but he didn’t even tell her off. He was gonna kick someone’s if he found out who had done it. “Someone went after his gay crush and he’s maaad.”

“Shut up. How do you even know how I feel about him?” Jongin countered.

“Dude, I hear your lame Skype calls with Taemin, whining about how you’re having wet dreams about this guy.” At this point, their mom was shaking her head and leaving the room. She may have accepted that her kids were at that time of their lives, but she didn’t ever want to hear about it. “And that was totally a confession, by the way, so thanks for confirming that for us.”

“I hate you.” He heard their dad chuckling in the living room. “All of you. You all .”

Jongin spent the rest of the day doing his best to avoid his family since it was too embarrassing to be around them. He cleaned up their backyard and then spent most of the rest of his time up in his room with Kyungsoo. At one point his mom came in and somehow in her limited conversation with Kyungsoo she offered to give him a back massage, at which Jongin retreated to his desk and started working on some homework – because he was not leaving his mom alone with Kyungsoo doing something so intimate. Yes, he was jealous over his mother, a married woman who was definitely not after Kyungsoo at all; she was touching him, even if it was just a massage – something she was very good at. There were a couple times when Kyungsoo let out low, honey-thick moans involuntarily. The first time Jongin shot a glare their way, watching them warily; then it happened again and Jongin’s toes curled, his legs starting to feel like jello. After that he was distracted, and when it happened a third time he had to leave the room for a while.

He used that time to take Kyungsoo’s clothes (as well as a load of his own) to the laundry room. When he returned – possibly a long time later, to ensure Kyungsoo was alone again – he went through his closet and grabbed Kyungsoo something to wear home. (He had wanted Kyungsoo to sleep over, but his mother had said he should go home to his family.)

“I – I threw your clothes in the laundry with mine,” Jongin told him softly, holding out the pile of his own clothes to Kyungsoo. “I’ll bring them back Monday. You can just wear these, ‘kay?” Kyungsoo nodded, barely looking at Jongin as he spoke. Feeling a bit awkward, Jongin checked the time and left the room to get the bottle of painkillers for the other, figuring that was a good enough excuse to leave him alone. Jongin didn’t want to watch him getting dressed. When he came back though, Kyungsoo was sitting on the edge of the bed only in Jongin’s boxers, and Jongin realized he was going to have to help dress Kyungsoo, just like he’d undressed him earlier.

“Need help?” he offered softly, so Kyungsoo could at least have a say (as if he would say no; but then, it was Kyungsoo). Kyungsoo just shrugged, and Jongin put down the pills and glass of water he’d brought on his nightstand, grabbing the track pants he’d chosen out off his bed. He helped Kyungsoo get them on and then held his shirt out for the boy to slip into as well.

“Must having to dress Do Kyungsoo,” Kyungsoo uttered, but Jongin met his eyes and shook his head, unable to stop a smile that escaped his control. Kyungsoo looked more unimpressed than usual, and moved his attention to the buttons on the shirt.

It hadn’t really occurred to Jongin that Kyungsoo wouldn’t be able to do up the shirt – he’d had enough trouble with his jeans earlier, and that had only been one button. He hadn’t even got the first button when Jongin was sitting beside him and taking over. Jongin’s heart rate picked up as his fingers moved over Kyungsoo’s skin, so close but not quite touching, and he did his best to focus on the shirt and not the purpled skin that was rippling with goosebumps at its exposure. He felt very successful when he managed to finish, leaving the last buttons undone just so he could have a taunting bit of untainted skin exposed.

“There,” Jongin said proudly, more to himself than the other. When he looked up, Kyungsoo was smirking at him. “What?” Kyungsoo just stared, not saying a word. “What?” Why are you looking at me like that? Was it so obvious that Jongin had difficulty just doing up the other’s shirt? But Kyungsoo’s grin dropped and then he was pushing himself off the bed and trying to stand. His legs gave out, and Jongin was there immediately, wrapping an arm around Kyungsoo’s waist and holding him up.

“Be careful,” he told him quietly, and Jongin could’ve swore he saw Kyungsoo pout.

(He kind of liked the idea.)

Jongin heard about Kyungsoo from his sisters for the rest of the weekend – even his little sister talking about him, although her input was mostly Jongin, he’s pretty and Why did someone hit him? His oldest noona did Kyungsoo’s makeup for him after he told Jongin he couldn’t go home looking the way he did, and she went on after about how he was adorable and his smile was really sweet (and Jongin was definitely not jealous that his sister had gotten Kyungsoo to smile). Meanwhile his other sister told him he had to protect Kyungsoo from all the evil in the world so Jongin could get him in his bed for real. Jongin hated them all. Seriously. He was gonna move in with Yixing or something.

Monday morning was gladly welcomed, getting away from the stupid girls and going back to his friends – and Kyungsoo. He made sure to fold Kyungsoo’s clothes perfectly – the only time he would probably ever fold clothing, honestly – leaving them in his bag until he’d be able to find Kyungsoo alone.

This happened at lunch, when Jongin spotted Kyungsoo alone at his locker. Jongin dawdled at his locker, dismissing his friends to go ahead without him so he could wait for the halls to clear. Somehow, Kyungsoo seemed to know Jongin was waiting for him, because he waited too until they were the only ones around and Jongin approached him. He couldn’t keep the smile off his face as he leaned up against the locker beside Kyungsoo’s and caught sight of the boy’s face.

“Hey,” he offered lightly and Kyungsoo looked up at him, not looking nearly as happy as Jongin felt. Jongin noticed his hair was sticking out in places, as if Kyungsoo just couldn’t even bother with it today. Would it be bad to run my fingers through it?

“What do you want?”

It was like the weekend had never happened, or at least, like Kyungsoo wished it had never happened. Of course. Even after everything he still hates me.

“I brought your clothes.” Jongin tried not to sigh; he couldn’t give up hope yet, right? They had to have made a little process on Saturday. He took out Kyungsoo’s clothes, presenting them in their neat little pile and hoping it would leave a good impression on the older. Kyungsoo took them, and Jongin remembered how good he’d looked wearing those clothes – well, before he’d found him looking like a corpse in them. But still – “I like those clothes,” he said warmly. Kyungsoo didn’t even blink, but Jongin went on, “You look good in them – that style, I mean.” Well, Kyungsoo looked good in any clothes (or no clothes) but – compliments, compliments were good. He refrained from saying more though; you’re gorgeous, your eyes are so pretty, you’re cute even with your messy hair.

Jongin wasn’t really thinking when he reached up and touched Kyungsoo’s hair. It was sort of becoming a habit of his – except up until now when he had Kyungsoo had been unconscious, and now the boy was watching him, slightly stunned. After a second he pulled his hand back, meeting Kyungsoo’s eyes and seeing them full of questions before looking away, not even able to say sorry.

I’m an idiot, he thought as Kyungsoo threw the clothes into the bottom of his locker and grabbed Jongin’s, handing them to him carelessly. “I didn’t wash these,” Kyungsoo said indifferently, and then he looked Jongin in the eye and added, “And I don’t dress to impress you.” And then he shut his locker loudly and pushed past Jongin, leaving the younger alone.

Maybe idiot wasn’t a strong enough word.

A/n: Maybe?

(But you're a cute idiot so its okay.)

This chapter is now the longest (why was this chapter even so long I don't-) and Jongin continues down the path of stupidity. Welcome Jongin's family (and bless them - I really like his family), and am I the only one who thinks its funny that Jongin thinks Kyungsoo has cursed him? (Lesson to be learned: Don't mess with Satan.) And even in this chapter, Jongin is unable to keep his hands off himself (or Kyungsoo) - you know he's not doing anything with you for like, almost a year, right? But now we've learned that Jongin is a good boy and won't sleep with Kyungsoo without consent (in case you couldn't figure that out from Miscalc).

Anyway, so far we've only really seen Jongin with Kyungsoo, and gotten introductions to his friends and family, but next chapter will feature Jongin and his friends a bit more (I think). Anything in particular you guys want to see? This chapter ends at like, the end of September, and the next chapter time skips to Halloween, so if there's things involving Jongin you want to see/know about, feel free to leave suggestions. c: