The News

A Second Chance

                                                                                 

 

                "I just want you to know that if you ever find yourself needing someone to listen to you, you can come to me or anyone of us.”

                                                          --- Taeyeon

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi I---“

“If you want to go, you can go” Taeyeon cut her off “I’ll be fine, I really appreciate you coming down here with me”

 “Leaving would be nice but I kind of stuck here in the bathroom” Yuri said on the phone while holding the sleeping Jessica beside her “I need help….”

“What? Why?” Taeyeon asked as she starts going to the bathroom “Did something happen? Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine…” Yuri answered as she looked over her shoulder “just... someone passed out here in the restroom and I need you to get the manager ready the car…”

“W-what?” Taeyeon asked, stopping her tracks

“Get the manager to ready the car and bring this one to the hotel…” Yuri says

“Okay…” Taeyeon dry laughed “I thought I heard you saying we should bring an unconscious woman into a hotel with us, I do---“

“That’s exactly what I said Taeyeon so why don’t you come here and help me get this woman out of here…”

“Are you crazy?!” Taeyeon almost screamed “Okay... listen to me, you’re a damn fine woman Kwon Yuri and you could get any woman you want, trust me… let—“

“The hell you’re talking about? Are you drunk already?” Yuri asked, slightly annoyed “Get your here”

“No! I am not for God sake… which is why I’m telling you to not do this.”

Yuri took a breath and slowly breathing it out “Get your here or I’ll really kill you…”

Taeyeon shook her head as if Yuri could see her “I am not letting you ruin your life no matter how hot that woman is…”

“Taeyeon, I---“

“Is she that hot?”

“I don’t know Taeyeon, is Jessica hot?”

“Of course, she’s ho--- why the hell are we talking about Jessica?”

 

 “Taeyeon-unnie, unnie!” Yoona coming from behind “Are you al----“

“Tell the manager to get the car ready…” Taeyeon cut her off

“Why? Is eve—“ Taeyeon left before she could finish what she’s going to say, as confused as she is, Yoona still proceed to do what Taeyeon had asked her

 

 

“What took you so long?!” Yuri said seeing Taeyeon “Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to stand here like this?”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” Taeyeon as she went to the other side and grabbed Jessica by the left side “I thought you we—what are you doing?” as Yuri released Jessica to her completely “Come on Yul, I can’t carry her alone…”

“Remind her next time that if she’s planning to drink more than she can handle, don’t wear party dress” Yuri said as she took her coat off and put it on Jessica “At least wear something that she can be dragged easily.”

“Thank God you didn’t…” Taeyeon said as Yuri took Jessica’s other side “I do---“

“And shut up for a moment will you?” Yuri said as they walked out of the restroom “I haven’t forget the part where you actually thought that I was goddamn ”

“I’m sorry okay…” Taeyeon apologized “you could have told me that it was Jessica in the first place…”

 

“Yoong, what happen?” It was Tiffany

“I don’t know…” Yoona answered “Taeyeon-unnie told me to get the manager and get the car ready…”

“What happen? Is she alright?” Panic was almost on Tiffany’s voice

“Yeah, she looks fine…”

 

“Oh God…” It was Sooyoung “Is that…”

“Jessica?” It was Tiffany as they all looked at the establishments’ entrance

 

“What happen?” It was Sunny who runs to them

“Take her...” Yuri as she passed Jessica to Sunny “I’ll get back to the hotel myself…”

“Where are you going?” Sunny asked “Let---“

“Why don’t we get Jessica to the car first?” Taeyeon said as she looked at Yuri’s figure walking away from them

 

“I think she’s done for tonight…” Taeyeon answered as they reached the car

“What happen?” Hyoyeon asked as she helps getting Jessica inside the car

“Yuri was the one who called me… she must’ve found Jessica unconscious inside…” Taeyeon answered after putting Jessica inside the car

“Thank God it was Yuri who found her” Sunny said as everyone starts getting inside the car “Who knows what could’ve happen if somebody else found her…”

“Yeah, me too…” Taeyeon said “you should go…”

“Aren’t you coming with us?”

“Uhm, no… I’ll walk for a bit” Taeyeon said as Sunny looked at her with worry “I’ll be fine…” she assured her as she guided Sunny in front of the cars door “and please be careful with the coat, it was Yuri’s, I’m not sure she’s going to like it if there’s a vomit on it..”

 

 

It’s been a week since the incident happen and everybody’s dying to know what could possibly happen. Jessica passed out and it has never happen before so everyone’s curiosity is on high level.

 

“Did she say something to you?” Hyoyeon asked, they were having dinner

Tiffany shakes her head “She kept mum about it and I don’t want to ask her about it to be honest.”

“Jessica-unnie is a responsible woman, she wouldn’t drink more than she could handle let alone passed out, it must be you know… something big and serious” Yoona said in worry

“It must be.” Sunny agreed “But the only thing I could think right is Tyler.”

“Yeah, same here.” Hyoyeon nodded “The fight must’ve been so big for her to actually passed out from drinking too much.”

“And what could they possibly fight about?” Tiffany asked “I think they had just dinner two weeks ago.”

“Also, why does she look okay?” Sooyoung asked “I mean, yeah she did passed out from drinking too much last week but she looks okay the moment she woke up, it’s like nothing happen. I could still remember her flying a country just to see him in between our schedule because they fought.”

“Maybe she was just really in the mood to drink.” Hyoyeon said “I mean there is no possible explanation, right?”

“What are you talking about?” Jessica spoke from behind, as everyone turns her head to her “You look all serious. Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, everything’s good.” Tiffany answered as Jessica sits beside her “We didn’t wake you up for dinner, you look so tired”

Jessica grunts softly “Yeah, the shoot took so long due to weather.”

“Are you okay?” Sooyoung asked which earns a look from everyone, including Jessica “I mean, the weather’s bad and you were outside the whole day.”

“Ah, yeah, I’m good.” Jessica buying what Sooyoung said

 “And speaking of bad weather, is… everyone here?”

“Ah, you mean Seohyun?” Yoona asked

“Y-yeah, of course.” Jessica answered as she took a sip from her tea.

“She’s already sleeping.” Yoona said

 

 

 

“Hey, Jess.”

“Oh, hey, off to sleep?”

Tiffany nodded “You?”

“I just woke up Tiff, don’t think sleep will visit me any sooner”

“Okay, just try not to stay late, we are early tomorrow.”

Jessica nodded “Good night, Tiff.”

 

 

Jessica blew out a breath and looked at the door disappointingly “Until when are you going to do this?” Then she looked at the time on her phone, 12:04PM. It’s been for hours since everyone and Tiffany when to sleep, still here she is, waiting for someone who may never come.

 

“What am I even doing?” Jessica asked herself again “As if what I did on the bar wasn’t crazy enough…”

‘Do you have any idea how crazy it makes me feel that I feel sad, feel hurt every time you ignored me like I wasn’t there? Do you have any idea how crazy it makes me feel that just thinking that you were only pretending that you care makes me tear up?’

 

“How could you shake me up like this?”

 

 

“Hey, Yul.” Taeyeon called as she knocked on the door “I know you’re awake, so I am not going to knock this door until you open it.” She said but to be honest she doesn’t really if Yuri’s awake or not but there’s no harm in trying.

“I am no—“

“Do you have any idea what the ing time it is?”

“Language, please. You’re still in my mother’s home.” Taeyeon said “And I know it’s late—“

“Late? It’s midnight for God’s sake.”

“But I can’t sleep.” Taeyeon said “Do you want to have a beer? It’s on the house.”’

 

“Spill it.” Yuri said as she put the beer can on the table

“Spill what?”

“You wouldn’t exactly bother me in the middle of the night because you can’t sleep, right?” Yuri said “So, why don’t you tell me exactly what it is so we can both rest.”

 

Taeyeon took a sip on her beer then gave Yuri a serious look “Then tell me what is going on?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“The first day you come in here, I wasn’t entirely sure if Jessica is really the reason but now I am.” Taeyeon said “Just because I don’t say anything, doesn’t mean I don’t notice things.”

“I told you—“

“And I just told you, I noticed things. Like how Jessica keeps looking at you every chance she gets.” Taeyeon pointed out “Makes me wonder what really happen at the bar last week.”

 

Yuri went silent.

 

“I know it shouldn’t come from me given the fact that I left the dorm because I have literally no idea how to deal with Tiffany, with my feelings, with everything.” Taeyeon paused then gaze at Yuri “But I hope you fix it, whatever it is.”

 

Taeyeon doesn’t know how Yuri is going to respond to what she just said. She knew enough that Yuri isn’t the type of person who will listen to anyone especially when it’s personal, but seeing how Yuri isn’t walking out nor spitting back at her, she take it as a good sign.

 

“I love the fact that we were able to do this, you know, hang out, talks but it makes me sad at the same time.” Taeyeon said, sadness reflecting on her eyes “You said it yourself before, me leaving the dorm made the house lonely, I can’t imagine how lonelier it got when you left too.”

“Don’t imagine because it won’t” Yuri spoke “No one will even notice that I wasn’t there.”

“Yoona kept on asking me every night if I knew where you were because they haven’t see your shadow for the past days“ Taeyeon said “No one probably says it or you’re too busy being grumpy on everyone that you don’t realize how worried everyone is when you’re disappearing for a few days without telling anyone where you were and how relief everyone is every time you walks in the door.”

 

This made Yuri silent again.

 

“I am not going to force you to tell me what is happening.” Taeyeon scoff softly “Hell, I knew for sure that you won’t tell me anything even if I do but I just want you to know that if you ever find yourself needing someone to listen to you, you can come to me or anyone of us.” Then she smiles at her “We are a family here Yul, that I can promise you.”

 

 

 

“Unnie, what’s your plan on your birthday?” Yoona asked as she ate on the popcorn she’s holding, they are currently in the living room watching.

“I’m not really sure.” Sunny answered “I haven’t really thought about it.”

“How about a simple dinner?” Tiffany suggested “You only turn 27 once, we should celebrate.”

“She’s right.” Jessica added “Simple dinner sound’s good. I could book a reservation.”

“But our schedule though, I know everyone’s busy with their own schedule and our upcoming concert and—“

“Unnie, it’s your birthday. We’ll definitely make time.” Seohyun assuring her with a smile

 

Sunny smile too. “Okay.”

“Done.” Jessica spoke “I already made a reservation.” She said showing her phone

“Wait, what? 40 people? You made a reservation for 40 people? Jess, it’s just a simple dinner.”

“Aren’t you going to invite anyone? Your family or your other friends?”

“Celebrating with you guys is enough for me.” Sunny said earning a smile from everyone

“I’m having a goosebumps and I’m not watching a horror.” Sooyoung said that made everyone chuckles.

“Anyway since it’s for 40 people, I’d invite f(x) and Red Velvet too.” Sunny said “How about Ty?”

“I don’t think so.” Jessica answered plainly

“Oh, right. He must be busy.”

“No, actually… we broke up.”

 

Both Yoona and Sooyoung choked on the popcorn. Sunny and Seohyun gasped, as Tiffany widens her  eyes.

 

“What happen?” Tiffany asked, you can feel the worries on her voice

“I caught him. He was cheating on me.”

“That jerk!” Sooyoung said

“I’ll punch him in the face if I see him” Yoona said “How dare him cheat on you.”

“Guys, it’s fine. Don’t worry about it.”

“Jess…”

“It’s really fine Tiff.” Jessica answered “I know it’s weird of me to say this after ending an almost 3 year’s relationship but I feel fine. Before, just thinking about breaking up with him is bringing me to tears already but now that we actually did, I feel actually fine. And honestly, believe it or not… I actually felt better than when I am with him”

 

 

 

“What the!”

“Is something wrong?” Amber asked, seeing how Krystal had sit straightly, brows almost meeting from what she’s seeing on her phone, they were currently eating at a café.

“Have you seen this?” Krystal asked, showing her phone to Amber.

“You want to take a guess on that too? Luna and Sulli made bet on who that couple is” Amber said, looking at the blurred faces of couple who got posted online by the dispatch “Since when did you get interested in celebrities dating li— hey where are you going?”

 

Krystal runs out of the cafe without answering Amber.

 

“Answer your phone damn it!” Krystal almost curses when the other person doesn’t answer for the 12th time. She starts pacing back and forth while biting her fingernails “Think, think, think… My sister!” she said as she dialed Jessica’s.

 

 

“Oh God, I’m starving and dead tired” Yoona whined, dragging her feet out of the elevator

“Me too, and we’re not even half yet.” Sooyoung added, they had been practicing for their upcoming concert. “What about you? Why aren’t you whining?”

“I’m not tired yet and I don’t whine” Jessica depending herself, then her phone rang.

 

“He—“

“Unnie!” Krystal almost screamed

“I could hear you even if you don’t shout.” Jessica chuckles softly

“I’m sorry; I’m just… where are you?”

“I’m at the company, we are rehearsing for the concert.” She answered “Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, everything’s okay.” Krystal answered “Bye.”

“Krystal, hey Krys—“ The call ended.

 

 

“Yuri unnie!” Krystal run to Yuri as soon as she open the door of the girls practice room and see alone Yuri sleeping on the floor “Yuri unnie!”

“Oh, hi.” Yuri said casually. As she stood up.

“Don’t hi me. How could sleep on times like this?” Krystal said, frustration evident on her voice “Do you have any idea what’s happening?”

“I can’t even fully open my eyes, why would you think I care about what’s happening around me?”

“God, you’re hopeless.”

 “Why? What happen?”

“Did you see this?” Krystal said, showing her phone to Yuri.

 

Yuri widens her eyes and grabbed Krystal’s phone as she starts wiping the article.

 

 

“Holy …” Yoona blurted unconsciously while looking at her phone, as everyone looked at her confused.

“Why?”

“What is it?”

 

Yoona looked at Jessica “U-unnie…”

 

 

THE COUPLE BEHIND THOSE PHOTOS IS NO OTHER THAN SNSD’S KWON YURI AND F(X) KRYSTAL JUNG. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE COUPLE!!!

 

 

“Jess, let’s calm down, okay.” Tiifany calming her friend.

But as if Jessica doesn’t hear them as she fasten her pace and press the button of the elevator non-stop.

“Tiffany is right Jess, I mean we haven’t even know if that news is really true.” Hyoyeon said as they went inside the elevator.

“There could be an explanation,” Yoona said but he sounded not convince on her own words,

“I wish that sounded more convincing.” Jessica said “And have you seen the picture? We don’t need any confirmation to know if it’s true or not.”

 

Everyone went silent, Jessica is right, what any possible reason behind those photos besides what it says on the news.

 

 

And as soon as the door opened of the practice room, everyone gasped when they saw Krystal and Yuri together.

 

Jessica walks slowly followed by everyone.

 

“Unnie…” It was Krystal

Jessica balled her fist, just looking at the photo’s on the news screams the confirmations and she’s not dumb and blind to not see that but she needs to hear it from them, from their own lips. “Is it true?”

 

Everyone held their breath as they waited answers to the both of them.

 

“It is.” Yuri answered.

 

And without Jessica knowing, tears unconsciously dropped from her eyes as soon as she heard those words.

 

 

 

 

I know it's been a while but tell me what you think or follow me on twitter and tell me what you think.     https://twitter.com/MarchSerenity09