Tick tock

Tick Tock: Kaisoo drabbles

(pic cr to owner)

 

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Kyungsoo paced the empty hospital hallway.

He remembered the first time he and Jongin had met. She had spilt dilute HCl on him in Chemistry and they had spent the rest of the class rinsing his shirt off. They had always paired up after that.

He remembered when he had asked her out and she had dropped all the books she had been holding. She had blushed bright crimson and had kissed him on the cheek.

He remembered all the times she had got bullied at school. He knew: it had been because of him. She wouldn’t complain one bit and he didn’t deserve his amazing girlfriend.

But he wouldn’t give up Jongin for the world.

He remembered that time Jongin hurt herself playing basketball and had cried for hours because she couldn’t handle the pain. Poor Jongin, his Jongin; Kyungsoo couldn’t bear to think what she must be going through right now.

The white walls around him were starting to eat him up. He was so very scared; anxious.

Just then, a door opened and a nurse came out. Kyungsoo ran to her.

She smiled.

“Congratulations sir. Both the mother and the baby are doing well. It’s a boy.”

Kyungsoo finally let out the breath he had been holding. Something bubbly started coursing through his veins and  strangely, he felt like laughing, crying and dancing at the same time.