Say Yes

Tick Tock: Kaisoo drabbles

(pic cr to owner)

 

“Ask her out already!”

“Shh!”

Jongin glared at her friends and they snickered in return. She turned back to the girl she had been staring discreetly at throughout the lecture.

Kyungsoo, her crush, was petite, with wavy dark hair that ran just past her shoulders. She wore round glasses and hand-knit sweaters, but her eyes were huge and Jongin could barely stop herself from squealing because cute.

“Is it because she might be straight?” Baekhyun asked.

“She looks quite conservative to me.” Chanyeol piped up.

“We could ask her.”

Unbeknown to her friends, today was Jongin’s D-day. Mission: asking her crush out.

She waited until the lecture finished, and before Kyungsoo could dash out the room like usual, glided over to her. Not trusting her voice to speak coherently, she produced the card she had prepared from her jeans pocket.

Jongin had decided to keep it simple. “Hi, I’m Jongin and I like you. Go out with me?” was all she had written, but Kyungsoo’s eyes roamed over the card for a good few minutes before she looked up. Her eyes were wide and borderline scary.

Oh no, she’s freaked out. She’s going to reject me! Jongin bit her lip.

But the next thing she knew, Kyungsoo was blushing and nodding.  Jongin’s heart skipped a beat at the sight.