Deepest Love

Tick Tock: Kaisoo drabbles

(pic cr to owner)

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin loved each other.

They walked side by side, past a supermarket, a shoe shop, a telephone booth and stopped at a jeweller’s. This was where they would separate: Jongin was going to buy a ring so that he could propose to his girlfriend.

“I’ll be right back, baby.”

Kyungsoo could only wait.

Twenty minutes later, Jongin came back grinning. They walked back home, but through a different pathway at Kyungsoo’s insistence, past the park and the massive clock tower. He begged for time to slow down before Jongin would leave him.

It had been love at first sight. After that, he had loved Jongin every single day for seven years. Kyungsoo loved the man more than he loved himself, more than anyone would ever love him.

Jongin never said he was leaving him, but Kyungsoo knew he would.

Time ran out, they reached home. Jongin had to help Kyungsoo climb the front doorstep.

“Aren’t you getting old, buddy,” Jongin laughed but petted Kyungsoo’s head. Then they were surrounded by Monggu, Janggu and Janggah, the puppies Jongin had brought home just last week.

“Come on babies, I’ll give you all a bath.”

Tail drooping, Kyungsoo followed Jongin and the puppies to the bathroom.