four

Totally Professional
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 4

 

             As I knocked at the door to Soojung’s dressing room, I contemplated if I should pursue what I had in mind. But it’s too late to back out, she has already opened the door. I could only hope that my plan is worth the try.

Since everyone else was feasting on the food delivery, Soojung was all by herself at the room.

“What is it?” She settled on the chairs in front of the mirrors after closing the door.

“I brought you presents. Well, it’s not technically from me. But..yeah."

Soojung smiled. "I can see that. The donuts are kind of evident." I placed the box on the desk and sat at the chair on her right side. She took a piece and bit on it.

I looked around the room and noticed the untouched small servings of food on one of the tables. They were the same ones that Lee Soo Man ordered, her manager must have taken the initiative to place it there since Soojung didn’t went out. I smiled knowing that Soojung has a thoughtful manager and smiled even more at the fact that she chose to eat the donut despite the other preferable choices.

When she was done eating, I took a deep breath and braced myself. Here it goes.

"Soojung, I’m about to do something. You might not like it," I said, taking her wrists in my hands, effectively pinning them down.

"W-what are you doing?"

While staring at her with a serious expression, I took a donut out of the box, it had a thick creamy chocolate top. Soojung was now looking at me strangely, but still she didn’t budge. Carefully, I lifted the donut to her lips, my expression hasn’t changed. She raised a brow at me and I urged her by nodding. Though she had a very confused look, Soojung reluctantly leaned in to take a bite. Right at that moment, I immediately took the opportunity and pushed the donut slightly forward before dropping it and placing my hand back on hers.

Soojung stared at me, wide eyed in disbelief. I shrugged it off as I leaned back to assess my creation. Two words. Absolutely perfect! The creamy chocolate had smudged Soojung’s nose and lips. I chuckled. Her shocked and furious face made my masterpiece even better. Though I have to admit, mad Soojung is really y.

"Argh! Choi Minho!" She tried to snatch her hands to take her revenge, but she couldn’t. I already had them pinned down with my own. I wiggled my eyebrows at her and my smile just got wider, feeling ecstatic at the success of my plan.

"How dare you!!” I burst out laughing. I just couldn’t hold it in.

"Let me goooooo!" Cute. She is now whining like a two-year-old, but that’s to be expected. What else could she do when I trapped her hands against her will?

"Lemme goooooooo! Minhooooo!" No, that wasn't Soojung, it was me. I’m teasing her by imitating her voice.

“You know, I’m so going to get back at you for this!" She threatened.

“Ooohhh. I’m scaredddd.” I answered, still imitating her voice.

"STOP IT!" she managed, her nose twitching because of the chocolate.

"But it's cuteee! I can’t!"

"But it's MINEEEEE! My voice!" Okay, so this is Soojung being mature. I grinned. This is one of the reasons why I fell in love with her. She can be mature like a woman and yet she’s also a kid on the inside. It’s ironic really, but that’s her charm. And I love her for it, even when she only sees me as a friend.

Knowing I’ve enough, I finally released her hands. Instantly, I received a slap on my arm. Ouch, I must have really pissed her off. Though the pain was bearable, it still left a sting. And when Soojung noticed that, instead of slapping me, she resorted to poking me instead. Isn’t she just too cute?

"You," poke, "deserved" poke, "that slap." Insert extremely big poke that hurt her right index finger. "Ow… So I," another poke, because she stubbornly doesn’t learn, "won’t" poke, "apologize", poke, "for it."

As soon as she finished, I reached for a few strips of tissue located at the right side of the desk which was quite far from Soojung. I handed the strips to her. When she glanced at the mirrors in front of us, her lips curved into a smile realizing how messy her face had become and we both instantly laughed.

Looking at her, I found myself mesmerized. Seriously, how can she still be so beautiful even with that chocolate smudged face? While she was wiping the chocolate, she caught me staring at her. But it’s too late, I can’t help myself, I can’t stop staring at her. And every glance she threw my way, every chance our eyes would meet, I felt my heart twist a little each time. Be still my heart. Be still.

Since there was still a bit of chocolate left on the corner of , Soojung leaned to my side as she was reaching out for the tissue. I was suddenly aware of the proximity between us. If I leaned a bit forward, my lips would be touching her cheeks. I gulped down and tried not to move as much as I could. Heck, I even held my breath. Be still my heart!! Be still!

After getting the tissue and settling on her seat, she noticed my expression.

“You okay? Why are you looking at me like that?” She asked with an unsure and nervous smile. I only half-heard what she said as my eyes were drawn to her lips. They were tempting and I wanted to kiss them so bad. Not getting any response, Soojung proceeded to face the mirror again and started wiping that last bit of chocolate. I could hear Jonghyun’s words ringing in my head. ‘Have courage… go with your instincts’. I took a glance at Soojung again and I could hear my heart pounding even faster than before. Be still my--. Oh forget it!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter