three

Totally Professional
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 3

 

Today is the last day of filming SM’s promotional video and I was no longer looking forward on the idea of doing it. Before, I'd have jumped off a cliff for the chance to film with Soojung but right now, I don't think I can do it anymore. It hurts too much knowing that it isn't real, and that the only one feeling anything is me.

"Minho! You should be getting ready for filming." Jonghyun hyung asked while smiling brightly. Out of Shinee, Jonghyun has been the most enthusiastic with my on-screen pairing with Soojung. And it’s quite obvious why, it’s because they’re the closest of friends. He takes pride in Soojung’s accomplishments. As much as I hate to admit it, he actually knows her better than I do.

"Or I could just sit here and rot in this dormitory while watching TV." I sighed. It’s only 6 in the morning, but I woke up quite early today from too much anxiety.

"Are you pretending to be Soojung? Usually, she’s the one who needs convincing, not you! What’s gotten into you?" He chuckled; he thinks I'm kidding about not wanting to do it.

"Nothing."                                                          

"Reaaaally? Noooothing?"

"It's nothing, jeez!"

"Whoa. Minho, calm down. You sure you’re okay?" He drops the smile and his voice gets all tender. Oh great. Here we go with the “Mother Jonghyun” routine.

"Look Jonghyun, there’s no problem, really. I just don’t want to do the video anymore, okay?" In an instant, Jonghyun raised a curious brow as if what I said had sparked his interest. Not good!

"Something isn't right. You don't want to do the video because…?" 

 "Nothing!" I said quite defensively. I hate it when Jonghyun’s in Sherlock mode, he makes me nervous.

"Hmmm… Does this have anything to do with kissing Soojung?"

"Yes! Er, no? Wait, what?" I’m screwed.

"You don't want to not kiss Soojung?" Jonghyun’s lips broke into an accusing grin.

"…huh?" Damn it. Jonghyun is indeed a lyricist, he has a way with twisting words and it’s confusing the hell out of me! How was I supposed to answer that?

"Do you want to kiss Soojung or not?"

"N-no! Why would I?" He just stared at me, grinning wider than before.

"Look, it's got nothing to do with Soojung, okay, it's all me!" I was desperately trying to divert his thoughts.

"Do you like her?"

"Only as a friend."

"You like Soojung!"Did he not hear what I just said?!

"I said only as—"

"Oh my God! That is so!!! Oh my God! So Cute!" Well now I've totally lost him. He’s practically jumping in happiness. Why is he so overjoyed?!

"Shut up! It isn't funny, it isn't Oh-my-God, and it definitely isn't cute!"

Not fair. I could have dealt with this on my own, but now that Jonghyun's involved, he'll get all involved! He'll be trying to get us together! But I don’t want Soojung to be pressured into this and I'm not going to force myself on her.

"But it is cute Minho. It's actually rather sweet." I shook my head in response.

"Don't be so pessimistic. You fell in love, it’s normal." 

 "Hyung, it doesn’t matter if I fell in love with her. That’s irrelevant."

"Why?"

"Because it's Soojung we're talking about. That girl… she’s the most genuine person I know. If she doesn’t like you, she doesn’t! If she sees you as a friend, then you’re her friend! That girl… she doesn’t know how to fake it. She’s true to herself. And because she sees me as her friend, then that’s it, I’m only her friend. What else can I do?”

"Well…um…" He snaps his fingers with some sudden realization, "Okay. Why don’t you go filming and do it like you mean it? Have courage, just go with your instincts. Maybe, once she knew how you felt-"

"What makes you think I haven't been doing it like I mean it?"

"You have? Oh! So that’s why it looked real! Well then, go get ready, I’ll come with you. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter