two

Totally Professional
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 2

 

               So that was about two months ago when Soojung and I shot our first kissing scene… exactly two months ago when I found out that I was in love with her.

Things haven't really changed between us since that day, we’re still friends. We still talk whenever we bump into each other. And whenever there’s a chance, I still just to catch a glimpse of her embarrassed blushing face. On the outside, it seems nothing has changed even though on the inside, I feel really different. I was kind of hoping that my sudden attraction to Soojung would fade over time, but I guess that’s not how reality works. I’m still very much smitten by her and still trying so hard to get rid of this emotion.

Since two months ago, whenever I see her, I try to look at her like she isn't cute or anything, but the way she moves just makes me think exactly like that. It doesn't help that she has these beautiful eyes and luminescent skin. No other girl looks so good to me. It's just Soojung. She has this mature aura in her, but when she laughs or smiles, her face turns childlike, which also doesn't help with the whole “trying-to-convince-myself-Soojung-isn't-cute” thing.

What really doesn't help is that the company had pressured us into making two more videos since then. One was an advertisement for Baskin Robbins Ice Cream which we filmed with our members, and the other one was a sequel to the SM promotional video. Apparently, the first promotional video was a huge hit that they decided to make it into a three-part story. No one really expected that the public would accept our on-screen pairing with so much enthusiasm.

The first video was such a massive success that fans requested for more. On Youtube, it hit over a million in less than two days, which was considered a feat for a promotional ad. It went viral, within a week, we had over 10 million views and it kept on increasing ever since. Instantly, SM decided to follow it up and employed Victoria again to do the persuading.

 Soojung refused even before Victoria asked. So Victoria tried everything to get Soojung along for the ride:

Coercion: "Come on, you have to; If the public wants it, you have to give it!"

Begging: "Please? PLEASE? Pretty please with sugar on top? Please!?"

Threats: "You need to do this for f(x). If you won’t, I’ll leave the group!" (Victoria didn't and she never would, how could she when she loves f(x) so much.)

Lastly, Victoria, even tried bribery:  "I'll buy you beef and bread tomorrow! And on Tuesday! The whole week! I’ll even make it a month!"

I was quite surprised how Soojung didn’t succumb to Victoria’s proposition. If that offer was made to me, I know I would have given in right away. But not Soojung, she could be real stubborn if she wants to.

And it was exactly because of her stubbornness or shall I say adamant refusal that we were called to SM to personally talk to President Kim. We were seated alone at President Kim’s office, waiting for his arrival…

“I think you should reconsider the offer Soojung. The nation loves us, thanks to that video.”

“No. I’ve already done what they asked, I won’t do it again. I’ve had enough being their puppet.” She said as she crossed her arms and rested back to her seat.

“But as idols, we already are SM’s puppets in one way or another. Something tells me that there’s a hidden reason for this refusal of yours” I said squinting my eyes at her.

“There’s none!” She retorted quite defensively which prompted me to more.

"Really… Is it not because you’re embarrassed of me Soojung?" I got up from my seat and walked towards her. It’s always so fun to , she gets easily embarrassed.

"Where would you get such a notion?" She asks, determined to keep her calm composure.

"Oh I don't know...maybe the fact that you shy away when I do this," I step closer to her, slightly leaning forward so that Soojung’s trapped between me and her seat.

She forced herself not to move, probably to prove me wrong. I find it amusing that Soojung is trying real hard to be stubborn and yet fails miserably at hiding her blush.

"Also the fact that you'll push me away when I do this," I said as I placed my hand at the back of her neck and leaned closer, slightly pulling her towards me, my lips against her temple. I expected her to squirm but instead she had stiffened.

When she didn’t say anything, I decided to retreat, afraid that I might have actually pissed her and gone overboard with my teasing. But before I could move away, I felt Soojung’s hand on the collar of my shirt preventing me from leaving.

“Or maybe, it’s the other way around. Perhaps, Minho, you’re the one who’d shy away when I do this.”

She pulled me closer and her face was merely inches from mine. I can feel her breath as her lips made its way closer and closer to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter