03. Worthy

Horoscope Collector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo followed Mr. Jang back to his house, the man drove rather slow for his taste. But he had to follow behind as it would be strange for him to already know where they lived. 

Mr. Jang knew that he had done his homework but getting to where they lived before Mr. Hang did would unsettle the already stressed man.  

They pulled into the big driveway and some lights in the house were already on. That must mean that the girl was already home.  

He was fully prepared for anything, if being around all of the others' girlfriends had taught him anything, women were crazy. They were all different, they all reacted differently. They all had very different personalities. 

And they had done 24/7 protection before with Yoonji and the girl only adapted quickly because Woohyun had infiltrated her friendship first. Myungsoo frowned, that sounded a bit harsh as soon as the thought crossed his mind. 

But he had no other way to describe it. With Yoonji, they had gotten lucky, she trusted Woohyun so much as a friend, it wasn’t so bad to switch to 24/7 surveillance. But this girl had no idea what she was in for. 

He followed Mr. Jang closely as he opened the door to his house. His daughter was waiting in the foyer to greet him politely, “Welcome home, father.” She said with a bow. 

“Thank you, Ri Ah. I have to talk to you about something.” Mr. Jang said to her, pointing towards the living room. And she noticed Myungsoo right away. 

He kept his sunglasses on and refused to do anything, he knew how this was going to go. She looked the type, a fighter, someone wouldn’t just stand around while her life changed.  

“Who is that?” Ri Ah asked him, pointing at Myungsoo. “What are you even doing here?”  

“I hired someone to help protect you when I’m away.” Mr. Jang said, informing his daughter. “This is L.”  

Myungsoo took the time to give a low formal bow, after all, this was his employer. He still refused to remove his sunglasses. He watched as Ri Ah narrowed his eyes at him. 

In a moment, her eyes widened as everything clicked, “Are you serious? I don’t need a bodyguard!” She shouted at her father, “I’ve told you over and over again, there’s nothing going on!" 

“You don’t know that! You’ve seen the threats I’ve received against your life! I cannot take any chances, you are all that I have!” Mr. Jang raised his voice at her. Clearly, he was used to her behavior being a bit rebellious.  

“I’ve been learning self-defense! I told you! I can handle things myself.” Ri Ah said, grabbing a pillow and throwing it down to the ground. Myungsoo stifled a chuckle, that was a bit childish, but she must have been someone that usually got what she wanted. 

Unless he was wrong about that, he would be able to figure that out soon enough. He smirked, there was an easy way to show this girl just how much she needed him. 

“That’s not enough for me. I need something more than that. You can’t protect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter