Letters to an Absent Rockstar

Dooley Drabbles

 

Thank you for the love :) Always a pleasure to read your comments and views! Here is another one.

Letters to an Absent Rockstar

 I miss you. 

I miss you so much, it hurts. I feel like crying all the time. I know it's not your fault. I know you are busy. I understand your work schedule. I also know that you love me. I don't doubt our love. I know you miss me too. I know that you want to be with me just as much as I want to be with you. I know. 

Even though I know, I still want you here with me right now. I want you to hold my hand as we walk down the street. I want you to kiss my tears away that seem to be flowing for no reason at all. I want you to hug me, to kiss me, to take me on dates. I want us to have endless conversations while we lie around on a couch. I want you to see me when I have no make up on, even though I look dreadful, because I know you love me. Your love always makes me feel secure. Your love liberates me. 

I love your petty jealousies. I hate your jealous rages. I love your phone calls, I hate it that we can't do it often.
When it rains, it hurts to not have you close by. It feels like physical pain. Maybe it is? After all, my heart is so far away from my body. 
You are my sunshine. That's why I hate the feeling this rain gives me. It's like a day without you but a day without you magnified a  million times over. 
Am I mad to trust you so much? I don't think so. Someone told me the other day to never trust a touring pop star, they have girls throwing themselves at them, all the time. I thought of you and you know what I felt? An intense urge to laugh. These people, all of them, none of them have any idea about my guy. He isn't your normal touring rock star. He is my loyal boy friend who was and is also my loyal best friend. I trust you to never break my heart but my love, with you so far away my heart is breaking anyway. 

You know what I wait for? No, not you. I mean, not just you. I wait for us. You and I together, forever. We'll have that someday, won't we? When we can meet whenever we want to. When you can come rushing home after a musical day and I can welcome you with open arms. I also look forward to walking hand in hand with you to award shows and say thank you and I love you for the whole world to hear. I dream of our future together. One fine day, we'll be together without worrying about the world, that's my dream.