Drunken Tales

Dooley Drabbles

Hello! This is just a Drabble and it ends with this chapter:) 

 

Shin Hye sat among a bunch of boys who were getting louder by the minute. They had formed a big circle as if to play a game but had mostly been drinking and exchanging scandalous stories. They didn't treat her like a girl, she wasn't even miffed like she usually was, because she had known them for about six years now and they had been witness to her tom boyish phase. Though, truthfully, the phase was triggered by her role in a drama series of a girl masquerading as a boy. 

She was immune to their scandals, affairs and even use of profanity. Unlike earlier, now she was comfortable with drinking beer and that added to the fun atmosphere. She loved the buzz it gave her though she really wasn't much of a drinker.  

She hadn't even realized that they had begun playing a game. She tried to concentrate though it seemed hard. Hong Ki was asking MinHyuk some questions, she missed the initial bit but listened in anyway.

"MinHyuk ah tell us, are you dating ?"

It was Hong Ki who was asking. MinHyuk was laughing as he shook his head and said no. 

A flurry of protests arose from the group. "You can't lie" was the main refrain. 

"But he is not dating " ShinHye said loudly. 

"Ok, we'll accept it as the truth since uri Shin Hye says so!"
Hong ki gave in. 

Jonghoon continued "do you like krystal? "
Min Hyuk smiled "yes"
"Yay" Everybody cheered and clapped. 
"Does she know ?"
It was Jae Jin's turn. 

"Of course not " Shin Hye giggled.

"Ya, stop answering out of turn its MinHyuk's turn" Hong Ki chastised. 

She pouted, then adorably put her pointing finger on her lips. 

"Why don't you ask her out ?" It was 
Jae Jin who asked again. 

"I don't think she likes me that way" MinHyuk replied earnestly.

"Are you kidding me" It was Shin Hye, again. 

"Really?" The queries were now directed towards ShinHye. 

"Yes" She giggled, rocking from side to side. 

"I think we should just ask ShinHye instead, she is not going to let us ask anyone else anyway" It was the FT island's leader Jonghoon who suggested it, others murmured their assent.

"Ok " Shin Hye laughed.
"You know Shin Hye is drunk when she is so willing to answer questions" commented Hong Ki.

"Shin Hye ya you need to answer truthfully" JongHoon said as he pointed at Hong Ki to start.

"So Shin Ah tell me truthfully who is closer to you, me or JongHoon" asked Hong Ki clearly still thinking of that one time she said she couldn't choose between the two. 

"You both are like mom and dad" 
She said, giggling endlessly. 

"Andweeeee" said Hong Ki.

"So who is the mom, who is the dad?" It was Jonghoon who asked  the all important question. 

"Hong Star is the mom " she said as she chuckled and "Jonghoon is the dad" She declared causing the whole group to burst out into laughter. 

"Noona.. What about us ?" Asked MinHyuk. 
"Ya.. Don't ask like that " Jung Shin spoke up. Let's ask about one person at a time. 

"Ok are you upset that Lee Min Ho sshi is dating ?" Asked Min hwan suddenly. 
A sudden silence fell upon the crowd, it was obvious more than one person was curious about the response. 

"Huh?" She asked looking clueless "why should I be upset?"

"Ok" said Jae Jin "who do you like more Geun seuk hyung or Lee min ho sshi "
"Geun seuk oppa" she said clapping her hands happily.

"So who 'd be your Omma and Appa between the two?"
She crinkled her nose, "omma oppa? No. That's Hongstar and leader"
"Hmmm Geun seuk oppa is like a big brother while min ho oppa is work oppa" she said.

"What about MinHyuk and Jongsuk"
"My kid and Dongseng" she replied confidently. 

"Ya jongsuk is elder to you"
Hong ki interfered. 
"Are you a woman ? "
"Huh?"
"Then how are you my omma"
"Oh"
"He is like a dongseng to me" she huffed. 

"Ok, what about Jonghyun "
"Chingooooo" she laughed. 
Jonghyun continued smiling not participating in the Q&A but enjoying it quietly all the same. 

"What about YongHwa hyung"
It was Jungshin who asked the most awaited question. 
"It's not Yong Hwa hyung.. It's Yong Hwaaaaa" she corrected JungShin, slurring. 
Everybody laughed at  this, including YongHwa who had been silently watching her antics. He wasn't sure if he should stop the questions and simply take her home or let her be. Though he was sure she would make a scene if he did. She was stubborn when drunk. He hoped she wouldn't say anything that she would come to regret. 

"Yong Hwa Ya... Why are you silent?"
She asked loudly even though they were seated opposite each other. 
He choked on the beer he was sipping. 

"Aigoo.. Yong Hwa Ya.. She almost got up to go towards him. 
"I'm okay" he managed to say.
She sat back looking concerned. 

"So.. Shin Hye ya who is Yong Hwa in your family tree" asked JongHoon. 
"Hmmm" she thought for a moment. Then said "husband"
Yonghwa choked again and went into a coughing fit. 
This time she really made way towards him and patted his back. 
"Aigoo Yong Hwa ya.. " 

Everybody else was equally shocked at what she had said. JongHyun was rolling on the floor with laughter. MinHyuk and Jungshin were clapping while Hong Ki and JongHoon were smirking. It was utter chaos but her full attention remained on Yong Hwa. 

He had stopped coughing and was telling her that he was alright but she continued chiding him as she sat down next to him. He was blushing and controlling a smile as she adviced him "you are a singer Yong Hwa ya, you shouldn't drink and ruin your voice" 

"Ya., we are singers too" Hong Ki shouted.
She ignored him as she looked at Yong Hwa with concern. Jong Hyun was now laughing so hard he was not just rolling on it but also hitting the floor repeatedly. 

"I am ok Shin Hye Ya" YongHwa said softly. 
"Ya.. I was so worried" she burst into tears much to the surprise of everybody present. YongHwa held her in a semi hug, mindful of the gazes and hundreds of questions their actions would cause. He patted her head, while she held his T-shirt and hiccuped. Tears had dried up but she refused to leave him. Instead, she buried her head into his chest, wrapped her hand around him, closing her eyes half-way through to dreamland. 

YongHwa looked around at the curious faces, he was going to be get grilled very soon, he gulped.
He got up, pulling her up with him. 
"I'll go drop her home"
"Sure"
"Of course"
"You should"
"Husband"
"You are coming back right?"
The flurry of comments and questions were unstoppable. He hated the idea of being a target in these drinking games. He then looked at the girl still comfortably asleep in his arms, unaware of the commotion she had caused. No matter how much he hates to be put on a spot, he could never be mad at her. Definitely not after what she had said, he smiled. 

"Yong Hwa ya" she mumbled, in her sleep. 
"Let's get you home Shin Hye ya" he said as he carefully assisted the half- asleep girl towards the exit leaving a very curious group of idols behind. 

...end...