Hunt&Hunted (1)

Ticking Time

Chapter nine

23-06-15

Hunt&Hunted1 (5.1K)


 

 

TUUT TUUT TUUT TUUT TUUT

 

Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes and threw his hand to the alarm clock, stopping the annoying noise. He sighed as he sat up straight and rubbed his face. His eyes were burning from the lack of sleep, but he didn’t feel tired at all; he happy that after the nightmare, he had a dreamless night.

 

Today felt different than the others days he had spent on the school. As if a big weight had fallen off his shoulders even though he didn’t know what kind of weight or why it even was there.

But he didn’t want to think too much about it, he was overall just genuine happy that it was gone.

 

Maybe it was because he ‘lived on’.  But that would be his only reason.

 

Today was the day they’d have only three lessons and after that, a game. The Hunt&Hunted game.

It sounded stupid but Baekhyun liked stupid so he decided to join.

 

It was 7:15.

‘Time to wake up Chanyeol... I guess.’

It had become a habit, waking up Chanyeol every morning since the latter just wouldn’t set his own alarm; and even if he did, he’d sleep through the annoying noise and only wake up once Baekhyun had turned it off.

So just like every other day, Baekhyun jumped out of his bed and walked towards Chanyeol’s room.

With soft steps, Baekhyun walked towards the big bed. It was funny that not only Chanyeol himself was taller than Baekhyun, his bed was too; it was strange that Baekhyun hadn’t noticed that before.

‘’Chanyeol.’’

Baekhyun softly shook the said boy’s shoulder. ‘’Wake up.’’ He said in a deadpan voice, shaking once more to be sure the taller was awake before he left the room to get ready.

The wound on his arm was slowly healing, very slowly, but at least it didn’t hurt that much anymore. He skilfully wrapped the bandage around his lower arm and fastened with a piece of tape before he covered it with both his shirt and blazer.

 

Furthermore, it didn’t take him long to get ready. His backpack was already filled and his uniform was on the chair across his room. He leisurely brushed his time and combed his hair forward before he walked downstairs.

A few loud knocks on the door was the sign that Kyungsoo was willing to make them breakfast again. Jongin had already ‘poofed’ inside the room and greeted him on his way to the door. Baekhyun had greeted him back with an uneasy feeling in his stomach because the teleporter was the one that made his dream a hell of a nightmare. Shaking the irritating feeling off of him, Baekhyun opened the door.

‘’Good morning Kyung.’’ Baekhyun greeted as he flashed a small smile to the shorter.

‘’Morning.’’ Kyungsoo said as he walked past Baekhyun. He went straight into the kitchen where he had made his territory from the start. It seemed that the boy knew more about the dorm than the actual owners did.

Baekhyun was about to answer the boy when suddenly Jongin teleported in front of him, making him flinch. ‘’Morning!’’ He yelled, not noticing Baekhyun flinching.

‘’Jongin, what did I tell you about teleporting into someone’s room without permission?’’

‘’It’s not like anyone cares.’’

‘’Of course people care, look at Baekhyun, I can see him trembling for here.’’ Kyungsoo pointed with his pan towards the trembling boy.

‘’Aww, poor boy, come here, lemme comfort you.’’ Jongin said as he pulled the older boy into a bone crushing hug.

 

Baekhyun gasped because one, he didn’t feel comfortable with Jongin’s touch at all. And second, the boy was literally preventing Baekhyun from breathing.

‘’J-Jongin I c-cant breath.’’

‘’Oh sorry hyung.’’ Jongin smiled awkwardly and loosened his grip. Baekhyun’s brows creased as he looked at him.

‘’Since when did you start calling me hyung?’’ He asked.

Jongin shrugged. ‘’Since today.’’ He shortly replied before jumping over the back of the couch to lay on it like he was at home. Baekhyun turned towards Kyungsoo and decided to help him out a bit with whatever he was making.

 

‘’So are you going to join the Hunte Hunte game?’’ Chanyeol asked as he walked down the stairs.

‘’Hunt&Hunted!’’ Both Jongin and Chanyeol heard their roommates yell from the kitchen followed by a chuckle from the greatest cook.

‘’Of course I’m gonna join, it sounds cool.’’ Jongin replied, completely ignoring the ridicule.

‘’Oh god, Mr. Oscar brainwashed him!! He thinks Hunt&Hunted sounds cool!!’’ Kyungsoo screeched from the kitchen, followed by a ‘pats!’ when Baekhyun hit his arm, earning a throaty laugh from Chanyeol.

‘’And the food is almost ready so set the table my servants!’’

‘’Yes Miss Byun.’’ Jongin yelled as he ran towards the kitchen to grab four plates and cutlery for the four of them.

 

 

 

Baekhyun didn’t know what it was; but he felt much better today. Much nicer and finer. His mood didn’t change throughout the whole day as their lessons went by quickly.

 

It was a quarter for twelve when their last lesson ended, in other words, they were only a quarter away from playing the game, which started at twelve. Baekhyun was actually looking forward to it. He liked competitions, although he had no idea what to expect.

He ran to his room. Chanyeol was already there when he entered, getting into his sport shoes while Baekhyun ran upstairs to change his school uniform for his own sport clothes, together with a grey hoodie to cover up the bandage. His sport clothes simply existed of a pair of sweatpants that came till his calves and the plain white T-shirt he always wore at P.E.. He hadn’t expected Chanyeol to wait for him, but he did, standing at the door with the keys in his hand.

They didn’t exchange any words, just looked at each other before going; and Baekhyun knew they were okay. It wasn’t awkward. It was just silent.

 

As they made their way towards the field, they passed the maze; both Baekhyun and Chanyeol stared at it with a grimace. The holes he and Kyungsoo made were boarded up, large, painted red letters on the side of the maze read: do not enter; with on the other side: don’t blow up walls.

Baekhyun smirked in satisfaction when they passed the maze. He didn’t notice that Chanyeol had the same expression plastered on his face, just by remembering that particular day.

 

‘’We’re here.’’ Chanyeol announced and pointed at the big group of students who either sat, stood or laid on the meadow. On the other side was a forest, as if there was a line drawn between the meadow and the woods. Baekhyun assumed it was their ‘playground’. Everyone wore the same, their normal sport attire.

They searched for an empty spot somewhere in the middle of the big crowd and sat down. As on cue, a few bushes were pushed aside making a tall, muscled boy made his entrance from the woods, running to them. The guy was even more proud than Chanyeol looked as he halted in front of the big crows, his chest popped forward as he softly panted. He was kind of handsome, Baekhyun had to admit. But not the kind of guy he would like.

 

‘’Welcome everyone!’’ He started off. ‘’Today, we will bring back EXO’s most treasured game. The Hunt&Hunted game!’’ The crowd, mostly the older students, started cheering. It was because the new ones – including Baekhyun and Chanyeol – had no idea what was waiting for them and what they were going to do.

‘’My name is Kim Taecyeon, the winner from last year and I’ll guarantee you fame and happiness after you’ve won!’’ For some odd reason, he raised a fist; gaining more exultancy.

 

Taecyeon changed his fist to a flat hand to silence the crowd and continued his little talk.

‘’I’ll explain this wonderful game for the newbies under us. You see this big forest behind me right?’’ He made fitting motions. ‘’Well, in 5 minutes, I’ll release you guys in there. You must find the golden, crumpled foil pieces that are hidden everywhere in the forest, one piece is 1 point. But! The Hunt&Hunted game isn’t called Hunt&Hunted for nothing, there will also be 40 hunters that will fight you and do everything to make you lose the game, pay attention to the fact that they carry a golden ribbon with them, defeat a hunter and steal the ribbon. 2 points if you do that. But don’t underestimate the hunters, part of them are the former winners of the game and the rest are graduating this year.

The Hunt part in the game comes now. There’s 1 squirrel in the forest. Catch the small gnawer and take him to me, the final whistle will be blown and you will be the winner of Hunt&Hunted this year!

 

Here are the rules:

1; you may steal stickers, ribbons or the squirrel.

2; you can stick together but you can’t win together.

And 3; don’t burn down the whole forest like last year guys, come on, or at least try not to.

 

Laughter was drawn from the somewhat older kids who probably had experienced the whole thing. Baekhyun could imagine why.

‘’The kids that don’t join the game must at least be distanced about 10 meters away from the forest, you’ll never know what can happen once you’re too close.’’ Taecyeon warned.

 

‘’So everyone, stand up!’’ He moved his arms upwards several times to get everyone off the ground. Baekhyun slowly stood up, looking for Kyungsoo and Jongin as he did so; but he couldn’t find them in the big crowd.

‘’So we’re basically going to hunt down a squirrel while being hunt?’’ Chanyeol asked him, bending down a little.

‘’3!’’

The crowd started to countdown along with Taecyeon, many of them standing in a running position. ’’I guess so.’’ Baekhyun replied, shrugging as he rolled up the sleeve of his good arm.

‘’2!’’

He crouched in a running position.

‘’1!’’

 

The whistle was blown and everybody started running like a maniac. Baekhyun was one of the first ones to enter the forest. Although he would love to win, he joined for the fun, not to win. He noticed Jongin, as the boy was the only one to stay still, before he teleported away. It didn’t surprise Baekhyun at all.

 

When he was a little bit further into the forest and didn’t see that much students around him anymore, Baekhyun stopped sprinting and went for a jogging pace. He couldn’t see much when he was sprinting, but if he went too slowly, he’d get caught by a hunter; thus jogging was the best decision for now. He had seen various kids running past him, so fast that they just seemed like a blurry image, Baekhyun was sure they would never be able to find a foil piece that way. Foil was Baekhyun’s main goal for now, mostly since the squirrel was impossible to find in this huge forest. Ribbons were out of the picture too since there would be 40 hunters for approximately 250 kids.

 

So foil should be the easiest one.

 

It was actually a win-win situation for Baekhyun, he could work on his stamina by running around and still enjoy the forest, probably some fights too but he didn’t really care about that. A hunter appearing in front of him would only mean that he could finally do something useful with his ability instead of turning the lights on or off.

Although it was a ‘serious’ game, Baekhyun couldn’t help it to enjoy the forest. It was silent and calm and there was a lovable mix of trees and flowers lingering in the air.

It felt save.

It felt peaceful.

 

 

… It felt like home.

 

‘’Hey a foil.’’ Baekhyun said to no one in particular when his hawk eyes caught the crumpled foil piece between some purple flowers. The foil wasn’t bigger than Baekhyun’s thumb, Baekhyun noticed as he picked it up and tucked the shiny piece in his pocket.

That’s one

 

 

 

 

¬

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol on the other hand was running with a burning passion, he was going for the win, obviously. Chanyeol knew he was very far into the forest as he didn’t see anyone around. They were all too slow for him.

He hoped he’d see some hunters in his path so that he could fight the. He would win anyway and was determined to steal all the ribbons in the game. Ribbons where his main goals. The squirrel was another story, Chanyeol would definitely try to grab him if he’d see the animal, but that would be hard.

 

An explosion was heard somewhere beyond the forest.

 

All of a sudden, a fireball flew past his head, nearly hitting him, and hit the tree behind him, creating a huge gap as the tree burned off to the ground immediately. Chanyeol abruptly stopped running and looked around, stretching his arms out. He saw some bushes and many trees. But he didn’t see his attacker.

The coward must be hiding from him.

 

But Chanyeol wasn’t stupid, he wasn’t just going to walk further and pretend that he didn’t see anything unnatural like people sometimes do in movies. Instead, Chanyeol slowly walked a bit further, pretending he didn’t acknowledge the other person’s presence. Another fire ball flew past him.

Chanyeol easily dodged it and aimed a firelane at the brown bush, 5 meters away from him. A groan was heard and a soft thud right after. Chanyeol walked towards the bush and saw a man, fully dressed in unsuspicious colours for the forest laying on the ground. His eyes were half-lidded and there was a big hole in his dark-green pants.

Chanyeol quickly made sure that the bush wouldn’t be one fire and grabbed the golden ribbon out of the hunter’s pocket.

‘’Gotcha’’ Chanyeol whispered and stood up, not caring if the hunter was actually hurt badly or not. ‘’2 points are in.’’

 

Those people were supposed to be winners? Well they surely didn’t act like it. Chanyeol tucked the ribbon in his pocket and started running again. ‘’I wonder how the rest is doing, especially that Jong-‘’

 

¬

 

‘’-in what are you doing in that tree?’’ Baekhyun asked as he crossed his arms and glared at the awkwardly looking Jongin.

Baekhyun was leisurely jogging around after he had found his sixth crumpled foil piece when he suddenly heard a branch snap. He didn’t turn around with a surprised or scared face, neither did he run away in angst. He just looked up and saw the teleporter stuck in the tree right above his head, struggling to escape the branches.

‘’Jongin.’’

‘’It’s nothing, I’m just uhm… hanging around, yeah that’s what I’m doing, I’m just ha- WAAH’’ His sentence was cut off by his own screech when the branch underneath him snapped, causing him to fall down. However, he didn’t fall on the ground as both boys expected, his legs just got stuck again between some other branches causing him to hang upside down.

‘’I see.’’ Baekhyun snorted.

The tree’s branches started moving on its own, trapping Jongin’s whole upper body. ‘’Oh my god, it’s trying to eat me!’’ Jongin screamed and started struggling.

 

A magical tree

 

Baekhyun just watched in awe at the tree while Jongin became all historical. It had been a long time since the last time he saw a magical tree. A magical tree is basically just a tree that can move on its own. The tree itself wasn’t entirely green like all the other trees were. It was brownish from colour and distinctive from the other trees.

Jongin, in the meantime, hadn’t given up on struggling yet. He couldn’t teleport away because if he did, he’d take the whole tree with him. He wasn’t developed that far to teleport himself out of things.

‘’Why is this tree moving?!’’ Jongin questioned when the branches overlapped his arms, making his motions less.

 

‘’Magical trees were just normal trees in the past, they’ve been abused badly by black magic, causing their roots to die out.’’ Baekhyun explained as he leisurely walked closer towards the tree’s trunk and laid his hand on it. He could feel it throbbing. ‘’Nature elves must’ve saved this one-‘’

‘’Nature elves exist?! I thought my mother was just making up things.’’ Jongin interrupted him.

‘’If magic exists, then why wouldn’t elves exist?’’ Baekhyun asked. Jongin knew he had a point and didn’t go on further on that subject.

‘’Okay, but how can I escape?’’

Baekhyun sighed. ‘’First of all, Jongin, stop struggling. The tree has a soul too and you’re clearly hurting it.’’

‘’What do you mean; the tree got a soul too?! It’s squishing me!’’ Jongin spatted. He did obey though, moving his head rearwards in fear when small green branches grew out of the big branches and made their way to Jongin’s face.

‘’Great, now you offended her even more, say sorry to her, and a little bit faster please.’’

‘’It’s a her?!’’

‘’Yes it is, and you’ve hurt her. Say sorry.’’

‘’But-‘’

 

Baekhyun shot him a death glare and Jongin wasn’t exactly sure whether it was the tree that wanted to kill him… or Baekhyun. The only way to survive a situation like this was to stay strong and keep your pride.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

’’I’m sorry tree.’’ He mumbled.

‘’What did you say? I didn’t hear you.’’ Baekhyun cupped his left ear.

‘’I apologize tree.’’

‘’Wha-‘’

‘’I’M SORRY MISS TREE, I WILL NEVER HURT YOU AGAIN.’’ He yelled.

 

Baekhyun snorted. He was right about the fact that the tree had a soul, but apologizing was a bit unnecessary. It was funny though. Baekhyun laid his other hand on the tree’s trunk and lighted it up a bit, causing the tree to get a shock and release whatever it was holding. Jongin fell down immediately and the tree turned into a normal tree again, waiting for its next prey.

‘’AUW!’’ Jongin yelled and rubbed his .

 

‘’Don’t exaggerate it, you didn’t even fall 2 meters.’’ Baekhyun shot back after he took his hands away from the tree and helped Jongin off the ground.

‘’I wonder how Kyungsoo‘s doing.’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the other side of the forest was Kyungsoo, happily slaughtering fighting all the hunters he met and stealing their ribbons.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’How’s your arm?’’ Jongin whispered, knowing the other wouldn’t like people to know about it.

Baekhyun gave his a mere shrug and pushed up the sleeve, showing his the bandage. It already had a few new blood stains on it. ‘’It’s deep.’’ He said. ‘’But it’s healing.’’ He pushed the sleeve down again and looked up at Jongin, whose expression was as concerned as always.

‘’You’ll be okay?’’

‘’Of course I’ll be okay.’’ Baekhyun raised an indignant brow and smiled, pushing the taller.

‘’Anyway, how many hunters did you fight already?’’  Jongin changed the subject.

‘’Zero.’’

‘’Zero!?’’ Jongin stopped his tracks.

Baekhyun didn’t stop walking and walked past the tall boy. Jongin frowned and nearly fell over his own feet when he tried to keep up with his friend’s pace.

‘’Yes, Jongin, zero.’’

‘’How come?’’

‘’They just don’t come here that much.’’ Baekhyun replied with a shrug.

‘’Oh okay, weird though, because when I was in that tree, I saw at least four of them passing by me.’’

‘’Jongin, don’t lie, there’s no one around.’’

‘’Okay, then don’t believe me, but don’t crawl back to me for help when they got you.’’ Jongin harrumphed. ‘’Anyway, I’ll be going.’’

And with that, Jongin disappeared.

 

 Baekhyun smirked.

 

Jongin didn’t lie, Baekhyun had seen them himself too.

 

As on cue, a hunter jumped out of a tree right in front of him and shot a water ball. Dodging it, Baekhyun shot his light back.

 

I guess it’s time to have some fun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’HEY!! ARE YOU CRAZY!’’

‘’CAN’T YOU JUST WATCH THE OUT!’’

‘’SAYS THE ONE WHO NEARLY HIT MY FACE WITH A FREAKING ICICLE!!’’

‘’IT’S NOT MY FAULT THAT YOU WERE WALKING THERE!’’

‘’WELL, IT’S NOT MY FAULT EITHER SO GET THE AWAY FROM ME BEFORE I BURN YOUR FACE!’’

 

The ‘face’ (Chanyeol) was screaming to was none other than Lee Mingun, a guy he had met after the game, an ice bender. The blockhead suddenly appeared from behind a few bushes and started shooting icicles in a failed attempt to probably injure him and steal his ribbons. And Chanyeol had a lot ribbons!

He had defeated 4 hunters and stole 3 more ribbons from an injured boy who had fainted.

 

He’s a bad , I know.

 

But he isn’t a loser.

 

Lee Mingun had walked away in the time the author expressed her thoughts about Chanyeol and the said boy, feeling frustrated, swept the dripping sweat off his forehead, complying a habit by looking at his hand and gasping afterwards when he didn’t only find sweat on his hand. That bastard hit my precious face. He growled, looking disgusted at the blood on his hand.

He’s gonna die.

Chanyeol quickly swept the remaining blood off his cheek and walked further. But no matter how small the ‘wound’ on his face was, it was stinging like hell.

Focusing too much on the small wound on his face, Chanyeol wasn’t expecting to be pushed on the ground from the side and pinned down by a much bigger guy.

And you thought Chanyeol was already big? Well this guy was even taller than Chanyeol! And much stockier too.

 

‘’Give me your points and you won’t get hurt.’’ The grey-haired male above him growled. You thought that Chanyeol was determined to win? Well this guy was much worse. But of course, Chanyeol wasn’t going to give up that easily.

‘’You wanna fight me?’’ Chanyeol raised his eyebrows. Pinned down or not, he wasn’t going to lose.

‘’Sorry kiddo, I don’t fight weaklings.’’

 

 

Oooohh…

 

 

Chanyeol kicked the guy’s back hard enough to make him fall forward, over him, and free he was! ‘’I’m sorry, what did you say?’’ Chanyeol teased, cupping his ear.

The guy groaned, probably feeling embarrassed, and got up from the ground.

‘’Okay kiddo, wanna dance?’’ He asked, cracking his knuckles.

‘’Bring it on.’’

The tall guy didn’t waste another second and immediately jumped forward, creating a big wave of water out of the nowhere and pushing it at Chanyeol’s direction. It’s a poor thing that fire can’t extinguish water.

Chanyeol ducked, letting the water hit his back, and fired a firelane at the guy’s direction once the water stopped flowing.

‘’The name is Hosee.’’ The guy, Hosee, looked at his nails and extinguished the fire without looking.

‘’I don’t care.’’ Chanyeol growled back, shooting several firelanes in a semi-circle. 

‘’Now you’re supposed to give me your name too.’’ Water arose from the ground and surrounded Hosee, quenching the fire.

 

God this guy is good.

 

‘’Chanyeol’’ Chanyeol said, shooting even more firelanes, seriously, that was the only thing he could think about right now. The only things he could do with his power was sending fireballs or firelanes, probably burn people too but this guy wasn’t playing a fair game. How in Kyungsoo’s name was he supposed to burn someone who had water surrounding him?!

 

That was impossible!

 

Being too caught up in his own thoughts, he didn’t notice Hosee running forward and jumping on top of him, okay, he did notice the fact that he was pinned down again but not the running, so, yeah…

 

‘’Dammit.’’ Chanyeol hissed as he tried to move his arms, but the big guy had pinned them next to his head, making it nearly impossible.

Nearly…

Chanyeol was being a weakling right now.

‘’Changed your mind?’’ Hosee asked in a honeyed tone.

Chanyeol looked him in the eyes. ‘’Never.’’

He kneed Hosee’s back and the latter flew over him… again.

‘’You should really learn how to get a better grip on yourself.’’ Chanyeol said, rolling over of push himself off the ground. He surrounded Hosee and himself with his burning flames and stood right next to him. ‘’I don’t like to dance.’’ He spatted.

Hosee looked up, eyes burning with anger. He jumped up in taekwondo style and punched Chanyeol in the face… hard, causing Chanyeol to lose control over his body and the flames disappeared. Exchanged for water instead. ‘’Well, me neither.’’

The water multiplied and formed an arrow. ‘’This is why I don’t fight weaklings.’’

 

The water was shot into Chanyeol’s face, it didn’t stop.

 

Chanyeol felt the air flee out of his lungs and made a bowl with his hands, placing it over his mouth and nose to prevent the water from entering his lungs.

Now he had some air, in the small bowl his hands formed.

 

But he had no idea for how long that would last.

 

Shooting fire didn’t work, wouldn’t work.

 

So there he laid. On the ground, nearly drowning while hearing a faint chuckle from afar, even though Chanyeol knew, Hosee must be standing right next to him.

Struggling didn’t work.

He was completely helpless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wiping some  blood off his uninjured arm, Baekhyun proudly walked further into the forest. It wasn’t his blood though, it was the third guy’s blood. Not that Baekhyun hurt him willingly, it was his own fault. Guy 3 just jumped out of the tree with the purpose to jump on Baekhyun, however, the said-boy had heard him and stepped aside the moment he jumped. Poor guy fainted on the spot but not before he left a blood stain on Baekhyun’s arm.

No idea how it came there though.

 

Several guys had already tried to attack him and Baekhyun either played the game smart or won the fight; and now, 5 ribbons later, Baekhyun was back to leisurely walking around.

 

*crack*

 

Baekhyun looked upwards, were the noise came from. A tiny blood drip fell on his nose and slipped downwards over his cheek. Sweeping away the blood, Baekhyun circled around the tree to look for the owner of the blood.

 

A soft squeaking sound entered Baekhyun’s ear.

Something was in that tree and was hurt.

From the corner of his eye, Baekhyun saw something, moving slowly.

 

‘’No way.’’

Baekhyun walked closer to the tree and looked upwards again.

Then he chuckled.

And laughed.

 

He won.

 

Because in that tree, that one, high tree, was the squirrel.

 

But something was off, and the blood said it all.

 

‘’Squirrel, come on. Jump into my arms and let’s win together,’’ He threw his hands upwards. However the small gnawer only looked down on him, eyes looking genuinely pathetic. It was obvious that the small creature was injured. And probably couldn’t get out on his own too.

So in times like this, there was only one solution. Baekhyun carefully grabbed the closest branch and elevated himself up in the tree.

‘’Don’t worry squirrel, I’ll help you.’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It stopped.

The water stopped trying to kill him and a small piddle landed on Chanyeol’s body as the final. The black haired boy immediately sat upright and breathed in as much air as he could, couching afterwards. His arms and legs felt heavy. He could barely move them due to the water’s incredibly heavy pressure.

‘’So, learnt your lesson?’’ Hosee asked him and crossed his arms.

Chanyeol, panting hard, turned around and aimed a fireball at him.

And missed.

‘’I guess not.’’ Hosee snapped his fingers and the water immediately threw itself into Chanyeol’s face. The said boy’s upper body was forced on the ground again as he quickly cupped his mouth and nose again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The squirrel slightly flinched when the said boy jumped on the ground and laid him down on his lap. ‘’Sst, don’t be scared, I’m going to help you… Somehow.’’ Baekhyun encouraged the small creature and rolled him on his back to see where the squirrel was injured, which was quite easy to see as blood was surrounding the squirrel’s stomach.

‘’You know what?’’

The squirrel looked up at him with big eyes as if the animal was really communicating with him.

‘’You know Yixing? He is a healer, healed me too. We go to him and ask him if he can help you, is that a good idea?’’

The gnawer moved his head up and down.

‘’You’re cute.’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sometimes, the only thing a person can do when he is desperate for help is scream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s head shot up, there it was again. The weird noise. He had heard it earlier but didn’t really pay attention to it. He rather paid attention to the injured squirrel in his arms. The poor thing had been hit by an icicle or snow, Baekhyun concluded by the sight of snow in the wound and around the wound.

‘’Shall we first look where the commotion is coming from?’’ He asked the squirrel, once again, receiving a tiny nod.

Baekhyun carried to squirrel up and laid it on his shoulder. The gnawer immediately made its way into Baekhyun’s shirt and hid himself. He wondered where the other 200 students plus 40 hunters were or how big the forest was since the forest almost seemed deserted.

Baekhyun ran through the forest towards the noise and after a short 5 minutes, Baekhyun met a few burned trees and puddles water.

‘’What the-‘’

An agonizing scream filled the silent forest again, much louder than the first time he heard it and Baekhyun immediately ran for it. In his way was a big bush with small thorns, there was no way around the bush so he decided to run through it. Shoving the last few branches out of the way, Baekhyun’s eyes widen.

He first only saw a tall, firm guy chuckling silently, a puddle of water in front of him, but when he looked further, he saw someone else lying underneath the water. Or better explained, being hit by the water, so rough that Baekhyun started wondering if the person could actually breath or not. The person, however, made no commencement to move away and remained silently. It almost seemed as if he was dead!

 

‘’Yah! What are you doing!’’ Baekhyun walked out of the bush and pushed the firm guy, without much effect though.

The person started laughing and turned towards him. ‘’Go away kid.’’ He pushed Baekhyun back.

Baekhyun stumbled backwards but managed to keep control over his balance. ‘’Are you crazy, you’re killing him!’’

‘’He deserves it.’’ The guy shoved Baekhyun again, this time harder. Baekhyun fell on the ground.

 

Yeah…

 

You shouldn’t mess with Baekhyun.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­