Out

Ticking Time

Chapter six

26-05-15

Out (1.5K)


 

 

‘’Okay, why are you in my bedroom and where the is Baekhyun?’’ Was the first thing Chanyeol said that morning after being awoken by a different face. He remembered the face as his neighbour.

The boy shrugged as he swallowed the bite he took out of the apple he had probably grabbed from the fruit bowl. ‘’Got annoyed by the noise of your alarm. I have no idea where Baekhyun is either, fell asleep on his bed next to him last night.’’ He said before walking away.

Chanyeol frowned as he sat upright on his bed and stretched his arms upwards. He still had enough time left so he didn’t bother to hurry when he did his usual morning routine. When he came downstairs, he was greeted with the delicious smell of what smelled like pancakes.

‘’You can cook?’’ He asked as he grabbed the stair-railing, looking at the back of the boy he was talking to.

Kyungsoo turned around, not looking up. ‘’Your kitchen is kind of small, but that’s okay.’’

 

‘’…’’ Chanyeol decided to not respond to that and sat down on one of the bar chairs. The same moment, someone knocked on the door.

‘’I’m gonna kill Baekhyun.’’ Chanyeol muttered as he slowly turned around on the chair and got off it, walking towards the door and opening it. But it wasn’t Baekhyun he was greeted with, it was someone else. Someone who annoyed him to death back in the maze.

‘’Jongin?’’ He confusedly frowned.

‘’Jongin?’’ Kyungsoo followed from the kitchen.

‘’Oh hey Chanyeol, didn’t know you lived here.’’ Jongin said before Baekhyun suddenly opened the door further and walked past the two boys.

‘’Thanks for opening the door last night.’’ The boy said before he hastily made his way upstairs, since he still wore the outfit he wore yesterday, he needed to change into his uniform before class started.

‘’So he was at yours?’’ Chanyeol asked as he (hesitantly) let Jongin in.

‘’We had to be fair you know; you had my roommate here, I kept yours.’’ Jongin shrugged and Chanyeol couldn’t help but to agree with the logic.

 

¬

 

Baekhyun dragged a fresh shirt on his body and brushed his teeth in the meantime. He wasn’t late, not at all to be honest, he just really liked to multitask.

But that didn’t matter much because now he was here. Baekhyun spit out the toothpaste and cleaned his mouth before he slipped his arms into the sleeves of the blazer and combed his messy bangs forward.

 

He heard plates clinking downstairs and since he saw and smelled pancakes, he figured they were already eating. He had no idea whether Chanyeol and Jongin would like each other, but they seemed to somehow have the same personality, and they both loved sports so Baekhyun didn’t think a lot of it. What did bother him were Jongin and Kyungsoo. He had no idea if the two had made up already, neither did he know if it was save for him to go downstairs.

He did go downstairs though, and not to his surprise, Chanyeol and Jongin were talking about the soccer match they both saw last night. Kyungsoo was silently eating a pancake, a dark aura surrounding him.

 

‘’Hey guys.’’ He greeted and went over to Kyungsoo, sitting down next to him. He received a plate from the latter and grabbed a pancake from the bigger, steaming plate.

‘’So I was thinking.’’ He casually interrupted the heated conversation of Mr. Chanyeol and Mr. Jongin while he made circles with his fork in the pancake. ‘’The festival is in a month… where shall we start with?’’ He asked.

He noticed how heavily Chanyeol swallowed his bite while Jongin quickly and lightly replied with: ‘’Well I have Kyungsoo on my side, and since he is the best cook ever, I don’t think we need to prepare that much. What about you?’’

‘’Well, we do music. So I just have to arrange a DJ-set and put the music in it and- you know what, it can wait. We still have plenty of time left.’’ Baekhyun said before he started on his pancake, listening every now and then to what the others had to say.

 

‘’Shall we do something fun today?’’ Jongin suddenly asked.

‘’Sure, but what do you want to do then?’’ Baekhyun inquired, looking up from his empty plate as he laid down the fork.

‘’Well, I was thinking that after class, we should go what’s outside the fence. You know, they say it’s dangerous but I really want to see for myself.’’

‘’… You’re still weird.’’ Chanyeol commented.

‘’No, seriously. I’m being serious here, why don’t we just go and take a look. It can’t be bad right?’’ Jongin made fitting motions as he quickly finished the rest of his pancake.

Baekhyun sighed and leaned back in the seat. ‘’I must be nuts but to be honest, I’m very curious as well.’’

‘’Well, we can always try.’’ Chanyeol slowly shrugged, taking another pancake form the plate like the guzzler he was.

‘’Does everyone agree?’’ Baekhyun asked.

‘’HELL YEAH!’’ Jongin yelled, fist-bumping the air. Baekhyun faked throwing something at him to silence him and directed his attention to Kyungsoo, who had been very silent the whole time.

‘’Kyungsoo, do you agree?’’ Baekhyun asked and the said boy replied with a nod.

‘’Well then it’s settled, I guess. We meet up in front of the dorms.’’

‘’Sounds like a plan.’’

 

 

 

 

They ate.

 

They went to class.

 

They finished class.

 

And now, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were waiting for Jongin to finish his walk from class to the outside world; or teleported, whatever he felt like doing. Kyungsoo sat down on the small stairs while Chanyeol and Baekhyun stood, Baekhyun facing the school entrance and Chanyeol looking at whatever he wanted to look at.

‘’Where the is that kid?’’ Chanyeol muttered. Baekhyun shrugged. ‘’No idea… How did you actually know him?’’ Baekhyun turned towards his roommate with crossed arms.

‘’What do you mean?’’

‘’Well, you said his name when you opened the door so that means that you’ve met him before.’’

‘’Unfortunately.’’ Chanyeol replied almost immediately. ‘’Brat teleported right in front of me in the maze, begging me to help him find his friend.’’ Kyungsoo’s ears perked up at hearing those words. ‘so he did search for me.’ He thought and immediately felt less angry. As Chanyeol explained how he met Jongin, the heavy feeling inside of Kyungsoo started to disappear. When Jongin finally came, there was a small smile on his face.

 

The boy half-teleported half-ran his way towards them.

‘’Sorry I’m late! Miss. IDK decided to give us a lecture at the end of the lesson.’’ Jongin explained himself as soon as he was in front of his friends – who stood up as soon as he was there.

‘’Well let’s go then, we don’t have all day.’’ Chanyeol said before he confidently started walking ahead, only to slow down after a few steps to whisper to Baekhyun: ‘’Which way?’’

Baekhyun snorted and pointed to the path on the left.

‘’This way guys!’’ Chanyeol said, making himself look big as he walked in front, slowing down every time he needed to ask Baekhyun for the way.

 

The walk wasn’t that long, approximately a quarter before they arrived by a huge, golden fence.

‘’We’re here!’’ Chanyeol proudly exclaimed, not looking anywhere near Baekhyun (who did the work) and walked proudly with his arms in the air to the closed fence.

‘’Guys, before we go in,’’ Baekhyun started. ‘’don’t forget to watch out with what you’re doing. You’re not in the school anymore and the moment you do something suspicious, you’ll be gone. We probably all will, so watch out with what you do.’’ Baekhyun warned as he walked to Chanyeol, who already had his hands on the fence. Baekhyun grabbed his arm and made him look at him.

‘’You heard what I said right? No one ever escaped the ADT so watch the out.’’ He whispered before he let go of Chanyeol’s arm. The said boy’s features became pale before he took a step back from the fence and pushed Baekhyun to it; non-verbally telling him to open it instead.

‘’Oh but Baekhyun, I really wanted to open the fence, but if you want to do it the-‘’

‘’Shut up.’’ Baekhyun pushed the over-exaggerating Chanyeol away and laid his hands on the handle. He turned it downwards and opened the fence.