Chapter 2

Building 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 2.[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Fall into Place.[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID4][/CONTENTID4]

[CONTENTID3]

I looked at the note again, reading it repeatedly. A few birds were chirping in the distance, the only thing preventing the outside setting from being completely silent. I ripped out the section of the page, crumpling it up.

Be Jongin's girlfriend?

Please.

I stuck the key in the ignition, quickly leaving school premises. I sped off, to my house. 

I didn't need to think about much.

Jongin and I are identical yet opposite. We're both in student office, math club, key club, art club, world language club, and so on. We both are in our graduating class' top 1%. We went to the same primary schools, hell, we even live in the same neighborhood.

If anyone were to analyze us on our academic and social characteristics, Jongin and I wouldn't be too far from being twins. Personality-wise, however, we're nowhere near the same.

Jongin uses his power, popularity, and persuasive looks to his advantage, while I do not. Fights between him and other students are common, and Jongin loves letting the world know that he is better. However, he handles it in such a charismatic way that one (including myself) can't help but fall for his bull.

In conclusion, Jongin is just cocky.

I've known him for 17 years too long, our parents are best friends. But still, I've always held a bit of liking towards Jongin, because who wouldn't?

Nonetheless, I just need to graduate high school and leave that child as soon as possible. 

I stopped my car in front of the neighborhood gate, waiting for it to open. I quickly drove into the community, took a few turns, and soon found myself parking my car in the driveway. 

I swung my lanyard between my fingers, walking up the steps to my place. I opened the double doors. I sighed, shutting the glass doors behind me.

I deserved a good nap.

I put my bag on my dining room table, taking my phone and keys upstairs with me. Once I entered my teal room, I ripped off my clothes.

I soon engulfed myself in a warm bath, pulling my phone above the bubbles to use it.

While I was scrolling down my email for assignments, I received a text message.

Mom: I just got a call from your school. Are you ok?

I sighed, using my toes to remove the plug from the tub. My mom was a nurse so she constantly checked up on my health. And it was something I found really comforting. I replied back. 

Me: Yeah, some kid got beat up so I stayed to help him. My clothing got messed up. I couldn't stay in school after that.

My phone instantly rung.

Mom: Good!!! I'm glad to see you're being so open-hearted. Hurry up with high school so you can study medicine and make me proud. (::

I scoffed. Both of my parents are in the medical field, giving me no choice but to follow in their footsteps. I had no problem with it, rather, they were so strict about going to med school. I smugly smiled.

Me: Alright... You already know my plans. 

Mom: The Kim family is coming over tonight. We're cooking. Look pretty!

Me: This is insulting I always look pretty.


I stepped out of the bath, putting my phone on the counter. I knew my mom wouldn't reply to such a cocky text. My mom and I begin cooking at 4 so I have a good 5 hours to take a nap.

After drying myself and moisturizing my skin and hair, I threw on a tee shirt and some underwear. I put my phone on its charger and collapsed on my bed. I groaned, stretching my body before I took a long nap.


5 hours felt like five minutes when I woke up. I heard my mom yapping on the phone downstairs but I refused to get up. I groaned and moaned and stretched some more. I quickly got up, yawning.

I walked towards my mirror, unplugging my phone and playing some good music. I sprayed mist on my face and did minimal makeup.

I soon put on a striped T-shirt dress. I clasped my favorite gold necklace and put on my black flip flops, putting my hair in a simple bun.

I walked downstairs, finding my mom swinging a wooden spoon between her hands. The kitchen was spotless and it s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter