Epilogue

The Prince

Epilogue

Hear the Bells Chime

After Sehun and Luhan’s reunification back in last summer, their relationship continued to develop at an alarming rate. Despite his incredible adoration for his parents, Luhan ultimately decided to relocate into the castle. Of course, to Sehun, everything was much livelier with Luhan around. Whenever he wanted, Sehun could just call upon him and he would be there. Likewise, Luhan could so the same. Having Luhan around was wonderful, but one thing in particular concerned Sehun: the proposition Luhan had mentioned moments before his confession. Neither kings had addressed it and frankly, it disturbed him greatly. Eventually, with the anticipation eating him alive, Sehun decided to meet with his father himself.

Prior to the meeting, Luhan still rested on their bed, curled up into a little ball. His lips parted and a small, almost inaudible gasp spurted out before his mouth closed again. Sehun sat on the bed in front of him. Smiling, he the older’s forehead affectionately. Luhan stirred slightly, scrunching up his face. Sehun pecked it and Luhan’s eyes fluttered open. He yawned.

“What’s up, buttercup?” He murmured, snuggling into the blankets. Sehun threaded his fingers through Luhan’s messy hair. Luhan frowned. He jumped on his other side, facing away from Sehun.

“Is that any way to treat your boyfriend?” Sehun pouted, trying to yank Luhan back around.

“You sound so proud of your status,” Luhan laughed, propping himself up. Shifting himself behind him, Sehun pulled Luhan onto his lap. Peppering kisses on the older’s neck, Luhan bounced slightly at the familiar touch. As Sehun’s soft lips climbed up his neck, Luhan whimpered. Once he reached his ear, Sehun began to nibble. Luhan leaned into the touch.

Ceasing all movement, Sehun whispered, “You’ll get more of where that came from after I talk to my dad.” After shoving Luhan face-first onto the bed, Sehun bolted out the door. Luhan huffed.

“Don’t make me and then leave for your dad!” Luhan shouted as Sehun, giggling maniacally, dashed down the bridge.

Hah, yes. Things have been pretty great since Luhan arrived.

As Sehun arrived in the dining room, he glanced behind him to make sure Luhan didn’t follow. Success. Once he noticed all of the pretty white and purple decorations, he stopped dead in his tracks. The servants and workers were running amuck, zipping past him chaotically. Despite calling out his father’s name, Sehun didn’t get a reply. He continued to wander through the frantic people, scrutinizing each of their faces for his father through the blur. Eventually, Sehun found him fuming over a cake with the head chef. Eyebrow raised, Sehun glanced around the room as he walked toward his dad.

“Hey dad-“Sehun started, but Joonmyun’s hand clasped over his mouth.

“What are you doing down here? Did Baekhyun not tell you? Oh my, that boy is going to get the rough of it this time. I swear…” Joonmyun continued to ramble on while Sehun blankly stared at him. What was going on? “Is Luhan down here too?” Why was everyone in such a rush? “Exo damn that Baekhyun! Maybe I need to send him to live with a commoner…” Sehun’s eyes widened. What if... “Sehun!”

Sehun popped out of his inner thoughts, jolting away of Joonmyun’s hand. “What?”

“What did you need to ask me?”

Sehun blinked a few times.

“Oh yeah! Um, when you were taking Luhan from his parents’ house—you know, before you told me—Luhan told me you had made a proposition and I was, well, sort of wondering what exactly that was?” Sehun asked shyly. Joonmyun sighed.

“I guess I might as well tell you a little earlier,” Joonmyun gulped, “I know you didn’t have plans to propose to Luhan or anything yet, but the royal council is demanding a marriage be made, especially with you. So, we were going to make you propose to him tonight and have the wedding tomorrow…”

It took several seconds for realization to set in, but before Joonmyun knew it, Sehun was bouncing off the walls. The time Sehun and Luhan had spent together, while so far very short, was like floating through a never-ending dream. Sehun couldn’t believe it. Luhan would be his forever and ever. Everything—from the proposal to the reception—had to be perfect.

---

As he scampered up to their bedroom, Sehun hummed to himself, toying with the ring in his pocket. Whispering the name of his beloved, he creaked the door open. However, the only thing he found was rustled bedsheets. Sehun snickered.

“Luhannie baby, where are you?”

No reply.

“Luhan, I need to see you;” 

Not even a cricket. 

“Lu, seriously come here please. You’re freaking me out."

Nothing

Sehun gulped. Oh was the only thought that he could formulate between the spiraling negativity before he dashed down the corridor, calling Luhan’s name. As his solemn orbs shot around the intersecting hallways, a servant behind him let out a cough. Narrowing his eyes, Sehun peered back.

“Y-your greatness,” he trembled, “This note was given to me by, er, Luhan.”

Salivating with anticipation, Sehun snatched it. He ripped open the note and his eyes soon darted through the words.

Dear Sehun ♥,

I’m sorry to have left you waiting, love, but I’m off doing something very important with Jonginnie (Sehun scoffed). I suppose that if you really miss me that much, you can come find me. Jonginnie (Sehun rolled his eyes) told me we are going to the tailor. Don’t worry, love; I’ll see you tonight.

I love you,

Luhan

For a few seconds, Sehun stared at the calligraphy. Releasing a sigh, Sehun shoved the note in his pocket and started for the tailor’s corridor. His feet stomped upon the stone pavement and his fists clenched at the thought of his boyfriend running around with that incompetent of a brother. Luhan was strictly his love.

The tailor, a small woman with hair down tossed up into a tight bun, despised most of the royal family openly. She would poke them with her needles if they stood within a five-meter proximity of her and the stormy clouds constantly hovering above her sent Sehun’s family members from going to her unless in necessary. The only person she didn’t hate was Luhan. She absolutely adored him and doted on him as if he were a baby. Sehun, of course, hated it a billion times more than she hated them. As Sehun marched into the room, growing more and more irritable by the stomp, the tailor shot him a glare.

“Get out, your highness,” she spat, eyes returning to her drawing board. Sehun scoffed internally

“Where’s Luhan?” Sehun asked, fiddling with the closest cloth.

“Hands off the fabric or I’ll never tell you,” the tailor snapped, swatting her pencil in his direction. Sehun threw his hands into the air, letting the fabric fall to the ground. The tailor sighed. “Well, Jongin took him down here and then left for Doctor Do, but after I was done, Baekhyun and Chanyeol picked him up. They went down to the garden.”

“Thanks,” Sehun muttered before dragging himself toward the door.

“Oh and Prince Sehun,” she said causing Sehun to glance back at her, “congratulations on your marriage.”

After quietly thanking her, Sehun ran for the massive garden doors. Now that spring was here, every flower in the garden was in full bloom, an array of colors spreading across the evergreen. A trail of white petals leading down the stone path caught his attention. As he followed along, his palms began to sweat and he suddenly remembered the ring. Eventually, Luhan’s slender figure came into sight.

“Lu?” Sehun called, stepping out from behind a bush. Luhan spun around, sporting an ear-to-ear smile.

“Hi, Sehunnie,” Luhan’s smooth voice rang, “Come here.”

Rushing over to Luhan’s side, Sehun engulfed the older in his arms. “I’ve been looking for you all day, baby,” Sehun muttered into Luhan’s hair. A giggle slipped out of his lips.

“Sehun, you’re a dork,” Luhan laughed, pulling back from the embrace. Luhan pecked his lips.

The time is now, Sehun thought, gulping as he s his hand into his pocket. Sehun gazed at Luhan, whose sparkling doe eyes glazed around at the scenery. The sunset was of no comparison to the beauty of that boy. He was breathtaking—he always was. Once Sehun broke out of his trance, he wrangled the ring out of his pocket. While Luhan was still distracted and the sinking sun shone down on them, Sehun got down on one knee. Luhan darted his widening eyes to Sehun. Placing his hand on his chest, Luhan took a step back. His eyes softened as a smile spread onto his face.

“Every time I’m with you, it’s like I’m falling in love all over again. Somehow, you manage to leave me breathless with every move you make. An unbelievable feeling has  overcame me ever since you entered my life. I want to cement our love for eternity,” Sehun held up the ring, “Will you marry me?”

Without warning, Luhan tackled and pinned Sehun against the ground. Their lips met moments after. There was the same fiery passion and subtle innocence of their first kiss. Luhan eased his grip on Sehun’s wrists, allowing the younger’s hands to graze his back and neck. As the kiss heated up even more, Luhan pulled back. Beneath him, Sehun pouted. They were both breathing heavily and Luhan found himself unable to form any words. All he could do was nod.

“Is that a yes?” Sehun asked, cupping the older’s cheeks. Nodding again, Luhan smiled as he ruffled Sehun’s hair. 

“Yes,” Luhan breathed out.

---

On the morning of the wedding, the entire town rejoiced in celebration as the chime of wedding bells rang throughout the kingdom. Throughout the castle, people ran madly, trying to perfect each little detail for the grooms. Meanwhile, Luhan and Sehun were preparing, unable to see each other until the ceremony. Frankly, it drove Luhan crazy. All he wanted since the proposal was to spend time with his fiancé. However, despite his growing desire to see Sehun, Luhan reminded himself of the importance of this tradition. Sehun, on the other hand, waited patiently until his groom would walk down the aisle (they bickered about who would do it, but Sehun claimed that, because he proposed, Luhan would be walking). He had no worries, nor clingy thoughts regarding the occasion.

Once the time had arrived, Sehun eagerly sprinted down to the ceremony location, the garden, where he had proposed. Beautiful foliage surrounded the setup of fifty (the wedding was very exclusive) white chairs on either side of the archway. Beside each row off chairs was a bouquet of purple and white flowers. The purple symbolizing Sehun and the white Luhan. In between the chairs was a purple, silky carpet lined with white petals led up to where they would be wed. The bush archway had thick white flowers and stood over six foot. Gosh, Luhan would love it.

When the bells began to ring once more at about ten o’clock, Luhan finally left the lonesome of his room. As he jogged down to the garden, Luhan’s head started spinning rapidly. All of these spiraling thoughts made him dizzy. Once he reached the door, his father, Tao, held out his arm with a ginormous smile spread across his face.

“Are you ready?” He asked, locking their arms. Luhan nodded.

The door blew open, but Sehun could only see a white light. The two figures began strolling out, hand in hand. Once they were fully out of the door, they became recognizable. Sehun’s jaw dropped. Luhan wore a completely white suit—white vest, white cuffs, white bowtie, white dress shirt and pants. Everything was white. Smiling brightly, Luhan looked heavenly—like an angel on earth—as he walked toward him. Soon, Luhan was right in front of him, gazing at him with twinkling eyes. Tao placed their hands together before sitting next to Yifan. The priest, who stood behind them coughed.

"What a wonderful morning it is. Hello, everyone, and welcome to the wedding of Prince Sehun and Luhan Wu. Please let us all assemble as one to celebrate this joyous occasion. Would any like to offer the grooms their support?” The priest began, his eyes searching through the little crowd. One bold hand rose into their air. “Ah, you sir!”

Jongdae cleared his throat before throwing a slight smirk at Sehun, who sent him a pair of warning eyes. “Luhan and I have been good friends for quite some time and, truthfully, I never thought he would find someone who loves and cares for him like Sehun does. Luhan, my dear, I’m glad that we can share this wondrous moment with you. Sehun-“Sehun held his breath. “We heads, I will admit, and you’re a bit airheaded at times but did you see where my advice got you?”

“You never even gave me advice!” Sehun shouted, but Jongdae merely laughed.

“Good luck, my favorite little ,” Jongdae cackled, sitting down.

A few giggles slipped into the air as they returned to the ceremony, but the priest had broken into a fit of laughter. Luhan squeezed on Sehun’s hand with his goofy smile as the priest regained composure.

“Ahh do you, Prince Sehun, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

Sehun wiggled his brows, earning a little, muffled giggle from Luhan. “I do.”

“And do you, Luhan Wu, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

“Nope,” everyone in the room froze as Sehun and Luhan broke into smiles, “Of course, I do.”

“You may now kiss the groom,” the priest exclaimed, tossing his hands into the air.

Doves and petals were freed into the baby blue sky as their lips smashed together. The crowd erupted into the applause. However, as quickly as it began, it ended. Breaking away, the pair exchanged adoring smiles. The priest settled everyone down for the exchanging of the rings and the highly anticipated vows. The ring boy pulled out the rings and handed them to the grooms. It was decided that they would say their vows as they put the rings on. 

“I promise to cheer you up when you’re sad,” Sehun started as he lifted Luhan’s hand, “to care for and protect you. I promise to support you through the rest of your lifetime and stay by your side for eternity. These past few months have been the best of my entire life.  I promise to love you unconditionally for the rest of time.” As the ring slipped on, the crowd let out a pleased noise.

“We may undergo turmoil in our lives—separation, disease, arguments—but all of that means nothing to me as long as we’re together. We can overcome the obstacles life will throw in our way and they won’t discourage us. As long as I can still care for you and be your support system, nothing of the sort matters because I love you unconditionally and I will continue to do so forever and ever,” Luhan said, pushing the ring up further onto Sehun’s finger.

Another round of applause ensued. People rose from their seats as the grooms grasped onto each other’s hand. They ran down the aisle as more petals rained down upon them. Luhan couldn’t help but stare at Sehun as he peered back at the crowd with his crescent moon smile. The reception would begin soon, but neither Sehun nor Luhan attended. They wanted to start their eternity together and it all would begin in the bedroom.

“Sehun,” Luhan laughed as Sehun pushed him down onto the bed. Sehun grinned, tossing off his suit and undoing his bowtie. Luhan sat up.

"Are you excited?” He asked, tilting his head as he watched his husband fumble with his dress shirt. Once he removed it, Sehun crawled over to him. They kissed briefly.

“Mmm to make sweet, sweet love to you or just in general?” Sehun chuckled, undoing Luhan’s vest. “Because either way, I’m ing ecstatic, Lu.”

“I love you, my sweet prince,” Luhan joked, wrapping his arms around Sehun’s neck as he pulled him closer.

“I love you too, Lu,” Sehun grinned before crashing their lips together.


This is it! I decided to upload this earlier than usual because I wouldn't have been able to get to it tomorrow

Thank you all for subbing, commenting, upvoting, and being amazing! 

Also, I'm sorry that it's so short, but there wasn't really much to tell about after their marriage!

I hope you enjoyed the story and I love you guys

((If you wanna check out my other story The Gravity Effect, that would be cool, but you obviously don't have to and I do have other things in the works if you like my writing))