Chapter Ten - Moonlight Flower

The Prince

[M]

Chapter Ten

Moonlight’s Kiss

All day. All Night. Prince Sehun tucked himself away in his bedroom without a single peep. When it was time to eat, he hobbled out of his room to dine, but only ever forked at his food. His clouded eyes appeared lost in a sea of uncertainty. When he walked, his back slumped. When he spoke, he spoke few words and they came out as soft whispers. The kings and other princes quickly grew worried over his unusual, contemplative behavior. They had sent a messenger out to Tao and Yifan, but they claimed to have never witnessed such irregularities. Another meeting, seemingly identical to the one where they discussed his punishment, was held to determine the source. Everyone convened around the thrones, positive that Sehun wouldn’t hear them.

“So he’s humble and depressed now. Wonderful,” Baekhyun sarcastically griped.

"I preferred him an ,” Jongin chimed in, sticking out his bottom lip slightly.

“I cannot think of any sources,” Joonmyun sighed, “I just cannot think of any reason why he wouldn’t want to be here.”

Yixing, who was gazing out the window at the bedroom corridors, figured he might have some explanation as to why his son was so out-of-it. Luhan. He predicted it right from the start. Just the way his eyes sparkled as he gazed at him longingly and how he handled him so gently and with such unwavering care. Yixing remembered his stares from the first time they met and the only that had changed is how well they knew each other. He watched their relationship blossom and there was absolutely not a single doubt in his mind how they felt for each other. It was in their eyes.

“May I just propose an idea?” Yixing started. Everyone soon gathered closer in. “I know why and I know how we can we fix this mess. All you have to do is follow me.”

He began to whisper in everyone’s range of ear. Several epiphany like cries echoed through the room. No one would have thought to mention it. The topic was too risky. However, King Yixing was always in the know.  

“I knew I was right!” Baekhyun nearly shouted.

“I bet I’ve seen it more than you have,” Jongin protested, “I mean, there’s no doubting it, but I have more experience.” Before the pair could argue, Joonmyun interrupted them.

“That settles it. The plan starts today,” Joonmyun concluded.

                                                                                                                                                            ---

As Sehun lowered himself into the bathtub, he gasped. The sharp pleasure pierced through when he had accidentally grazed it sliding down. No one was there. He could do it without worrying. Ever since his return, he had bathed without aid. Grasping onto his , he bit his lip. Luhan’s angelic face popped into his head. Luhan hadn’t left his mind since the moment they parted. He tightened his grip. Sehun elicited a small groan. When he flicked his wrist, he moaned louder. Fingers laced around his , Sehun pumped slow to start, but his paces quickly became erratic as the thoughts of Luhan piled up in his head.

“Luhan,” he moaned, throwing his head back. The overwhelming feeling began to make him feel dizzy. He soon spilled out into his palm, crying out for his beloved. As he scattered out of the bathroom, a rebellious power surged over him.

Lobbing the black cape over his body, the cloth concealed everything but his long, black jeaned legs. He peered out the window at the sun, who lowered herself down toward the horizon. He couldn’t bare it any longer. Another day without the melodic sound of Luhan’s voice—whether he spoke normally or laughed like a hooligan. Another night without his body pressed against his own, without their skin touching. Granted, the latter had yet to happen, but that would all change tonight. Soon, he would escape.

He had a limited timeframe to work with. His family would soon reach out to him for yet another awkward family dinner. He loved them. Oh, Sehun really did love them, but his need for Luhan was as strong as his need for air. Quietly, Sehun snuck out of his room and down the corridor. The whole castle hushed itself as if no one was home. Thankfully, no guards decided to take post at this hour of evening and Sehun could creep out of the door behind the throne with little difficulty. As soon as he could smell the river water, Sehun dashed to the empty boat resting on the riverbank. His paddles were short and brisk.

Once on land, he hurried through the forest, knowing its tricks very well by now. However, at the opening where they shared so many memories, Sehun came to an abrupt stop. Thoughts and feelings flooded back to him. Even if he did profess his love for Luhan, what were the chances that he harbored the same feelings? And if he did, what made Sehun think, even for a second, that he could run away with Luhan forever? It was no use. Luhan would never love him as anything but a brother—a word he himself had used to describe their relationship.

A familiar humming transcended through the opening. His head spun around, searching for the culprit. No source. Fear threaded through his body for a few moments—mostly due to the painful thought of Luhan being kidnapped by whoever that singing bastard was.

“Come out now!” Sehun shouted, still glancing around.

“Prince Sehun,” the voice called out as he emerged from behind a tree, “Don’t you remember me?”

The woodsman. Sehun recalled very well how his long, slender finger had grazed his lover’s cheeks, but seemed very apparent that he was more than willing to take it one-step further. It had been a good few weeks since the last sighting of him. Usually, Sehun would catch his eye in the crowd, but before he could warn Luhan of the impending threat, the woodsman would be gone. It was strange. Almost like he was always there and always watching. Waiting for a response as Sehun collected his thoughts, the woodsman scratched his scruffy beard.

“I remember,” Sehun growled, “Who are you?”

“I thought your sentence was over,” he wondered aloud, disregarding Sehun’s demand.

“Tell me who you are now or suffer the consequences,” Sehun snarled, taking an assertive step forward. The man let out a bellowing laugh.

“Lao Gao,” he said, bowing, “Protect of the Wu family or ‘the woodsman’ as I am sometimes referred to.”

Sehun faced fell. “Excuse me? You-you know Luhan?”

"You heard me,” Lao Gao stated, “But you need to hear me out once more before you go.”

“Why should I?” Sehun snapped.

“Because you love him.”

Sehun thought for a moment.

“Go on,” Sehun muttered with crossed arms. The woodsman smiled and after a few seconds, he began to sing.

            "Beneath the sparkling moonlight,

            A delicate flower blossomed.

            A deer stuck in the headlight of love,

            His lover gone forever in the dead of night.

            Two worlds never meant collide

            Will merge into one

            Assisted by the burning passions of love.

            Beneath the sparkling moonlight,

             The delicate flower wilted,” Lao Gao concluded his song and went on, “When you are in love, my dear boy, you can’t run. Love won’t back away from any fight. Trust me, your majesty. My wife died years ago, back when I was just a foolish man. I didn’t cherish her enough. Love comes and goes, Sehun, so cherish it while you can. Time is on your side. Run to him, Prince Sehun.”

He did.

After profusely thanking the woodsman, Sehun bolted down the eerie path. Luhan, I’ll be there soon, he reminded himself whenever he felt the shortness for breathe strangle his throat. When the cottage finally came into view, Sehun met with a horrible scene. Behind a tree, Sehun watched as a royal guard manhandled his love. Stuck between two large guards, Luhan hardly put up a fight as they grabbed his wrists. This was unacceptable. No one should dare to touch Luhan. Impulsively, Sehun burst onto the scene, simultaneously removing the cape from over his head. He pushed the guard off Luhan and punched the other. As he slid his arms around Luhan, everyone gasped.

“Don’t touch him,” Sehun thundered. Staring around at each, they mumbled incoherent words. Luhan leaned up to his ear.

“Sehun, you’ve got it wrong. They said it’s a proposition to make you happy,” Luhan whispered. He pecked the younger’s cheek. Sehun’s face reddened. “Thanks for the concern though.”

“The only thing that will make me happy is having Luhan by my side,” Sehun exclaimed, “Any objections?”

Nothing.

Shooting him upwards thumbs, Tao and Yifan wiggled their eyebrows. Blushing, Sehun led Luhan away from them down into the woods. Luhan could reject him. What would he do? What would Sehun be without the love of his life by his side. His body never trembled so much. Luhan tensed up too. Beneath a large, oak tree, they stopped. Moonlight casting down on them, they ceased to talk for a few short moments. Sehun slowly built up courage.

“Luhan, I love you. Not like a brother or a friend should. I only realized this when I had to be without you. I don’t know how you feel about me, but please, Lu. I love you so much-“Luhan’s lips smashed onto his own.

Their lips moved in perfect harmony. One of Luhan’s hands laced through Sehun’s hair, while the other cupped his cheek. Arms wrapped around the older’s waist, Sehun pulled Luhan closer and deepened the kiss. Nothing felt more right or more perfect than this. It seemed sempiternal. Pushing Luhan up against the tree, Sehun slid his tongue inside the older’s mouth. Their tongues danced for a while. A small, muffled mewl escaped Luhan’s lips, but when he tried to pull away, Sehun merely kissed him harder. As they separated, a string of saliva connected them together and Luhan nuzzled his face into Sehun’s neck.

“I love you too, you idiot,” Luhan mumble against the younger’s skin.

“Please stay with me, Lu,” Sehun replied softly into his lover’s honey locks.

“Forever and ever,” Luhan smiled his breathtaking smile. 


Hey kids! So this is the last chapter, but I am in the process of writing the epilogue so be on the lookout for one more "chapter"

I really appreciate all of the love for the story from you all with comments (which i do read but i can't reply to sorry );), subing, and upvoting

Thank you all! //hugs for everyone