KaiSoo - Blind Date

--thepeculiarone's Drabbles

Date posted: 07.10.15
Length: 628 words
Warning: slight homophobia


Kyungsoo rubs his sweaty palms across his shaky thighs for the fiftieth time already. He feels nauseous, his head, spinning. His breathing is also unsteady, air drawn out of his lungs, choking him every five seconds.

Today is his very first date. 

However, he doesn't know who his date is.

Because, really, if this isn't a requirement for his Communication class, he wouldn't have come. Let alone, go on a date.

The mechanics is to choose a partner in class and set up a blind date for him or her. Kyungsoo's partner is a guy named Oh Sehun. He doesn't know him that much. He just agrees to be partners with him to get the activity done.

As Kyungsoo predicted, he has had a hard time convincing someone who is willing to go on this blind date. But maybe, if he says who the date is, he doesn't have to worry anymore. And so he does. He posted an advertisement on his Facebook wall, and in just minutes, a flock of girls and boys sends him tons of private messages, begging to be chosen as Sehun's date. But one particular person caught his attention—someone named Lu Han. Lu Han flat out informs Kyungsoo that he is willing to pay ₩100,000 to be with Sehun.

The deal is, then, sealed.

Kyungsoo has more than enough money to pay for him and his date's expenses. Maybe he can spare some to buy novels or power books to boost his confidence.

He desperately needs them in times like this.

"Uhm," someone clears his throat. "Are you Do Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo lifts his black beady eyes from his lap to the face of the person in front of him. He has been sitting on a bench for half an hour now, nervous of being late and of being a nuisance to his date. But this time, he suddenly forgets how to stand up.

"Y-Yeah." Kyungsoo's face is puzzled with confusion. He doesn't like to think that the person talking to him is his date.

"Sehun sent me here to be your blind date."

"Oh." To be honest, Kyungsoo is expecting a lovely brunette in her cute skirt and matching sneakers—not an attractive brunette with his cap and earphones on. Kyungsoo continues to eye the guy before him. He has deep eyelids, a slightly flat nose—not that it looks bad, and plump lips. Not to mention, he also has this tan skin, making him look more Japanese than Korean.

"Are you secretly wishing this is a joke?" the tanned male chuckles.

"No! No! It's just that I was expecting someone . . . different? You know, like a girl."

"You shouldn't have, after you hook Sehun up with a male the other day." the other takes off his earphones and puts them in his pocket. "But to spare you some details, it wasn't to get back at you. He just thought you swing that way."

"What way?"

"Male-to-male way."

"Oh, God, no. Sehun's date only paid me a good amount that's why I agreed."

"Good to know, then. By the way, I'm straight, too, in case you're wondering."

"Then, why did you agree? Aren't you afraid to gain judging looks from people around us if I were really gay?"

"Not if you're as beautiful as Lu Han. That guy sure looks like a goddess even in men's clothes. I don't mind bending my ual preference."

"You mean to say, I look like a goddess, too?" Kyungsoo's face has this judging look, a look that says 'I'm done with your .' His eyes are deadpan and his face is stiff.

"Not exactly, but a really adorable school girl."

"The ?" Kyungsoo is ready to rip the man apart.