Chapter 3

Coffee Delight

Four days later, Sunggyu came back tired from his practice when he got a call from Dara. She told him to meet her at the coffee shop they used to hangout. He took Hoya with him to avoid rumors.


When she entered Sunggyu got up. She looked cool and composed as always. He gave her a small hug. She looked elegant as she smiled at them and sat. It was as if nothing had happened.


“This is my group member, Hoya.” He said.


She laughed. “I know. I follow Infinite. My son Daehan really likes you. He is a fan.”


“Oh shincha? Kamsahamnida.” Hoya replied shaking her hand.


“Who is your favorite, Dara ssi?” He asked.


“Ah mine..it’s Myungsoo.”

“Ofcourse.” Sunggyu said moving his head side by side. “You always like good looking guys. You don’t see talent.” He joked.

“Are you trying to say he is not talented?” Hoya laughed.

“Anio. “ Sunggyu corrected quickly. “She really likes good looking guys. She always saw the soul of a person later.”

“I liked you too.. so are you saying you are good looking?” She asked crossing her arm, her eyes flashed all the pain she had gone through.

The situation turned cold. Hoya coughed.

She quickly smiled to ease them, “Who would have known we would meet here after five years.”

“Yeah.” Sunggyu forced a smile. Something felt stuck in his throat.

“We should order something. Three cappuccinos will do?” Hoya asked.

They nodded. He got up to order.

Sunggyu seized the chance and said the words he has always wanted to say for the last five years. “I am really sorry for all the pain I have given you.”

“It’s okay I don’t want to talk about it. I tried hard to forget everything and don’t want to revive it again. But thanks to you I worked hard to keep my mind off everything. Ultimately it turned out for the best, I am now successful in my job.” She replied.

“Nice to hear that. “ he smiled brightly feeling really happy for her.

“When you told me to wait, I realized I had nothing in my mind except loving you. We were so used to each other. After giving myself some own time I build a life for myself and my child.”

“Where is your husband?” Sunggyu asked.

“I don’t live with him.”

“What?” He asked.

Dara replied slowly, “Yeah we got separated.”

“Oh I am sorry.” He said shocked. He felt bad for her.

“Don’t be. I am more interested in my career and my child. I can’t think of anything else.” She said coolly.

Suddenly he could see himself standing at her side wearing all black. Black leather jacket. Black pants. Hair upwards, sleek and shiny. He felt shocked. Black Sunggyu said, “She seems to be single again. You know you still have feelings for her. Don’t ignore them.” He laughed loudly.

“This is all rubbish. Let her have peace now.” Came another Sunggyu wearing bright white that contrasts with the brown colored background of the coffee place.

“Don’t listen to him.” White Sunggyu said.


Sunggyu threw his tissue at them. Half shocked, half amazed.


“What are you doing?” She said astonished by his action.


“Who are they? Why are they here?” He asked scared.


“WHO?” She said looking around her.


“He..Him..Me..NO..nothing.” He said frustrated.


“Anyways, I am also happy you have become such a big star. You followed your dreams. I actually had a lot of time to think deeply in all these years. I have realized me and my family don’t want to lose you. You mean a lot to us. Your mother treated us like her own kids when our mom died. We are thankful to you.”


“You have matured a lot, Dara” He commented. “I missed you. Atleast you could have kept contact. We were best friends before everything happened.”
She nodded.


Hoya came back. He deliberately made it late to give them some time on their own.


“So you guys were childhood friends?” He asked sitting down with the tray.


“We were neighbors. We have been like friends since we could say abc.” She said sipping her coffee. “I love the coffee here.”

“Yeah. And remember that lady who used to stare at us everytime we came here.” Sunggyu laughed.


Dara laughed. “Coffee has always been special for us.” Sunggyu blushed.

A call came from their manager. They needed to go to a schedule.


“Suho said he would pick me up in ten minutes.” She said looking at her phone.

“Oh we can wait.” Sunggyu said deliberately.

“No you don’t have to.” She replied. “You didn’t then, you don’t have to now.”

“Come on, Dara..Don’t keep bringing the past okay?” Sunggyu said annoyed.

“Okay I won’t.” She smiled childishly.

Sunggyu smiled back drinking his coffee and their eyes looked into each other bringing back the past.

 

Suho said he has a crush on a girl in your company.” Dara said in the same coffee place.

“Who is it?”Sunggyu asked.


“Her name was something like Babysoul. I am not sure.”

 


“I was wondering what dress to wear tomorrow by the way.” Dara said casually.

 

“What’s tomorrow?”Sunggyu asked.


“Woohyun asked me to watch a movie with him.” She said.


“I didn’t know you talk to him.” Sunggyu said trying to hide his annoyance. He didn’t know why he felt a burning sensation.


“He knocked me on facebook all of a sudden. He started talking about you and him. How you two are having fights and wanted my help.” She continued. “Then we talked a lot and then he said he was tired of his training and wanted to go to the movies on his break.”


“Oh.” Sunggyu said looking away.


“Hey.” She said.


Sunggyu looked at her. “Is it okay?” She asked.


Their eyes met.
“Why do you ask when you know the answer?” Sunggyu said hoping she would understand how jealous he was feeling.


“Why do you think I know the answer?” She replied back. “You treat me like your best friend but get angry whenever I take another guy’s name. You act like..like I belong to you. “ She was in half tears. “I am 21. I can’t just be your best friend all my life. “


“What do you want to be?” Sunggyu asked.


“I don’t want to be called a best friend but treated like more than that.” She said.


“I want to keep drinking coffee like this and get lost in your eyes for the rest of my life.” Sunggyu said looking directly at her.

Dara blushed.


“For that..Should we get married?” Sunggyu said casually.


“WHAT?” Dara stood up.


“We have practically spent most of our life together anyways.” Sunggyu said smiling slyly.


“But.. Are you proposing? Oh my..You didn’t even say you like me. I hate you.”


“We know we liked each other since forever. Didn’t we? But we never said anything..because we had too much ego.” He said.”But I won’t step back today. I don’t need to even think twice. It has always been you and it will always be.”

“Where is my ring?” She sighed.


“Is that a yes?” He asked innocently.


“What do you think you idiot?” She said hitting his arm.

 

--------


Sunggyu liked fansigns. They could meet their fans close. He smiled at his fansite. A woman was signing her cd now and he was waiting for her to pass Sungjong. She came to him and he smilingly signed it.


“Take care of yourself.” He said to her.


He could see a guy walked up the stage with a little boy. Sunggyu looked again and saw it was Suho. He waved at him who solemly nodded.


Suho took the excited kid to Hoya. Hoya looked at the kid and to Sunggyu and then to the kid again. Hoya whispered something to Woohyun. They looked at the kid with strange expressions. Sunggyu followed their eyes and tried to look at the kid properly.


After passing Sungjong, Suho came to him and finally Sunggyu could see the kid properly. He looked familiar for some weird reason.


“Hyung. This is Daehan.” Suho said but his eyes said he wanted to say more.


“ Ahh..He looks familiar..” Sunggyu was amazed at how cute the kid looked. Strangely, the kid had small eyes like him.


Hoya got up and whispered in his ears, “Why does Dara’s son look exactly like you? Hyung!?”

Sunggyu felt faint. He now realized why he looked familiar. Because he looked like him.


“Wait for me inside.” Sunggyu told Suho whose nodded pulling Daehan’s hand.

 

---------

 

All the infinite member gathered after the fansign. They looked at Daehan.

 

“What is your age ?” Hoya asked suspicious.


The kid smiled happily. “I am five years. Ahjussi”

“He called you Ahjussi.” Woohyun laughed.


“That’s not even important now.” Hoya hissed.


They looked at Sunggyu who went into a mental breakdown.


He looked at Suho who was standing at a corner with his arms crossed like his sister.


Sunggyu asked, ”What is going on here?”


“Exactly what you guys are thinking.” He said his voice shaking as well.


At this time the kid asked Suho, “You said I am going to Appa. Where is he?”


“He is not here right now.” Suho said to him looking at Sunggyu again. “I am hoping he will meet you soon.”


“You should know the truth. I was shocked the minute they walked into the airport. It didn’t take me long to understand. He is a carbon copy.” Suho said to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu fainted.

 

-----------

 

Sunggyu opened his eyes and saw Daehan smiling cutely at him.


He got up instantly. “I didn’t know Suho would do this.” Dara said to him.


“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME ANYTHING??!!” He said but his head hurt badly.


“Ouch!” He exclaimed.


Daehan looked scared. Dara took him near her.


“Mum needs to talk here okay? Go outside and play.” Daehan left looking back again and again. Sunggyu felt a strange pull towards the little kid.


“Why am I in the hospital?” Sunggyu asked trying to recall what happened.


“They say you fainted and fell on the glass table. You were bleeding badly.” She said.


“But do you realize what is going on through my mind right now? How could I have a son and not know?” he said frustrated.


“Do you realize what I have gone through all alone too??” she said.


“But this is …” Sunggyu didn’t know what to say.


“I realized I was having a baby when I went abroad already. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want to contact you or my family. I was too determined to be all alone and live my life. I didn’t want to come back. I told my family I got married but I never did.” She said slowly.


“You..what?” Sunggyu was confused badly.


He then realized what had happened. He hugged her “I am so sorry Dara. This is..all my fault. I had been such a horrible person. I only thought of myself. We should have registered the marriage when you were supposed to have Daehan. Only if I had known.”


She cried. “No I didn’t want to hold you back because you have a responsibility. I wanted you to come to me when you want to.”


She no longer held herself. She broke down completely.


“Let’s get married again.” He whispered.


“What about your fans?” She said.


“I can’t please them forever.” He said seriously.


“No, I have a separate life now. I am successful and I want to succeed more. This time I would say, Wait for me to be ready for few more years.” She said calmly rubbing her tears.


Sunggyu nodded. He had tears but he felt happy.


Suho came back. “Oops! Do I leave?” He said his eyes widening with happiness. He smiled his angelic smile. He went and hugged them.


“Why does he have to stick with us all the time?” Sunggyu muttered jokingly.


“Hyung! Then do something for me too! Help me with Babysoul!”

 

 

---END---