Chapter 2

Coffee Delight

Best friends? He knew he still had feelings. He also knew he had to fight them.

How can he delete those feelings? It won’t be easy. The moments will always remain forever but he will face to do the right thing bravely.

He remembered those vows they exchanged. Suho was the witness to their marriage. They never got a chance to register it. It was his decision to not register it.

“Dara, I just debuted. Can’t you wait a few years? I can’t imagine what will happen if my fans come to know.” he said to her, his eyes pleading.

Dara’s white skin turned more paler. She tried to smile but stopped halfway. She breathed heavily, “I understand your situation. Since you care so much about your fans I think it’s best we don’t see each other again.”

“Dara..you are taking it in a wrong way. Please.” He said.

“No. I am not. Your career is important and you chose that.” She said sniffing.

“I am sorry I didn’t mean to..” He was cut halfway through when she got up and left.

“Dara! Wait!”

Was he being selfish?

 

That was the last time they met. After that she left the country. She left no message for him. When Suho asked him what happened between them. He told Suho about their last conversation.

“She is not the type to wait for someone. She probably wanted her own life. She should.” He said trying to be understanding.

“But I never said we are breaking up. I wanted her to wait.” Sunggyu said frustrated.

“It would be hard for her if she stayed like this.” He said calmly.

Sunggyu hugged Suho and cried.

------------

 

Everytime Sunggyu sang had to sing missing you he was always reminded of her. Today he had to sing it at the concert again. But he was a little excited somewhere compared to other days. He was going to meet her after five years. He had visited her father regularly after he heard he was sick.

She was supposed to arrive by now.

All the Infinite members knew about her. “Is her husband coming too?” Hoya asked.

“Probably.” Sunggyu got nervous at the thought.

“Don’t get intimidated. Remember that you guys were good friends.” He advised.

“But should I ask her why she left like that?” He added.

“No don’t do that. If she wants she would tell you herself. Probably she wanted to get rid of you. I don’t blame her.” Hoya replied.

“Shut up. Anyways, why do you talk like you are so experienced?” Sunggyu asked him and narrowed his eyes to show he was suspicious.

Hoya laughed aloud awkwardly. “Maybe I am.”

------

“Is she back?” Sunggyu asked.

“She..is back. She said she would meet you herself.” Suho said and cut the line.

Sunggyu looked at the phone perplexed. Yes, It was upto her.

He called Suho again after few days. “What do you want? I am outside with Noona now. She doesn’t seem to want to meet you.”

“Where are you?” Sunggyu asked.

“Can’t tell you.” He muttered.

“Babysoul is coming with me you know..You like her right?” Sunggyu said slyly.

“Okay okay. We are in X mall, third floor. She is buying things. Quick.” Suho said instantly.

Sunggyu smirked. He just knew it.

Sunggyu hurriedly wore his jacket and asked Woohyun to drive him on his way. Sunggyu then gave a call to his friend in need Babysoul to come with him to the mall. Even though she was surprised she decided to go.

Suho texted him where they were.

“Come on! I want to buy something.” He said to Babysoul arriving at the mall.

“Hey! Why in such a hurry though?” Babysoul said having trouble walking fast with her high heels.

“A friend is waiting.” He replied.

“What friend? We are meeting someone else?” She said surprised.

“It’s okay, they were my childhood friends. We will just say hi to them.”

They arrived at the floor and Sunggyu panicked. He was nervous and excited at the same time. He came to a small gift shop and froze outside seeing Dara through the glass.

Dara was glowing. Suddenly their eyes met.

Dara’s expression changed instantly and she looked taken aback.

Suho was too happy seeing Babysoul. He was blushing. He realized everybody was looking at him.

“ Hyung!” He called Sunggyu.

Dara looked a little annoyed but she wanted to see him once too.

Sunggyu smiled at her. “Hey..you are back Dara!”

“Hello..Sunggyu. ” She replied shortly. Babysoul smiled at her showing her dimples and Suho couldn’t stop grinning at her.

“Isn’t she so cute?” Suho said in a dreamy voice.

Everybody ignored him.

“Dara..Do you want to sit down and have coffee somewhere?” Sunggyu asked hoping.

“I am sorry. We are busy. See you later.” She said coldly and walked away.

“Er..Okay then see you guys later.” Suho said. He looked upset to be going away from Babysoul.

Sunggyu felt frustrated.

 

---------------

 

Sunggyu kept calling Dara for the next few weeks. Whenever she picked up the phone which was rare, her replies were very cold.

He couldn’t concentrate on his performances.

Woohyun said to him, “Hyung..Give her some time.”

Sunggyu decided to follow his advice.

 

Sunggyu’s mom invited Dara and Suho to their house for dinner. Dara was the old Dara with his mom. Warm and bright. Sunggyu stayed extremely quiet.

Dara kept observing him. He looked away whenever their eyes met. Suho tried to make them talk several times.

Sunggyu was washing the plates when Dara came, “ Hey,let me help.”

“It’s okay.” Sunggyu said.

Dara sighed and was leaving. Sunggyu called her instantly,

“Hey look I want to sit down and talk to you just once. Can you make some time?”

Dara nodded. “ I will call you.”