Chapter 1

Coffee Delight

Sunggyu’s phone vibrated two times. He picked up his phone from the table and saw the message. He stared at it.

“Hyung. Everything okay?” asked Hoya.

“Yea..yeahh” He replied smiling.

Hoya could see his eyes were trying to think over something. “Do you think I am a fool? Tell me.”

“Anio” Sunggyu said drinking his coffee.

Their manager came and informed them it was their turn for the performance. Sunggyu rubbed his hands to his thighs aware of Hoya giving him looks. Other infinite members were busy with their costumes and last minute makeup.

Huge shout of the crowd greeted them as they started their performance. Sunggyu’s body mechanically moved but he couldn’t concentrate. He wanted to end it as soon as possible.

Suddenly he found himself missing the beat. Woohyun quickly caught it and sang. He sang from the second line. His heart was beating faster. He felt scared somehow.

----------

 

“Hyung! What was that?” Woohyun asked him. “You weren’t paying attention?”

“Hey mistakes happen..” Dongwoo said patting Sunggyu at the back.

“No Woohyun is right I should have been careful. Sorry kids.” He said and sat alone.

Hoya stood at the corner and their eyes met. Hoya raised his eyebrows. Sunggyu shook his head.

“No seriously, what’s up? Are you still gonna hide it?” He came and sat beside him.

Sunggyu decided to tell him. “Suho messaged me that Dara’s father is sick and she is coming to Korea tomorrow.”

Hoya did a big “Oh”

“Are you nervous about meeting her?” He asked.

“Yeah a little. Also she is now married and has a kid. So it will be awkward.”

Hoya nodded. “Still you should be beside her at this time.”

He nodded.

 

------------

 

Sunggyu couldn’t sleep that night. He kept tossing around. He might finally get a chance to meet Dara after five years. He decided to call Suho.

“Hello..?” came a sleepy voice.

“What else did she say? When is she coming?” Sunggyu asked.

“Who? Oh..yeah Noona will be arriving at noon.” Suho asked irritated.

“Ohh”

“Why are you calling me at this hour?” Suho tried to say it nicely but he couldn’t hide his irritation.

“Who else should I call then?” Sunggyu said pouting.

“Ugh. I had been running around the hospital for dad all day long and I finally wanted to sleep at night.” Suho said. “She didn’t tell me to let you know but since you were like a family I thought I should let you know.”

“Thanks. I know you are better than her. Your sister left without a word.” Sunggyu complained.

“She hardly called us. It was as if she didn’t want to come back. I think one of the reasons she left was because you guys broke up so that you could enjoy your idol life. She looked so pale and lonely before leaving. But since I have known you since my childhood, I know you really care for us.” Suho said his voice showing sadness.

“I am sorry for disturbing you so late though. Yeah I want to meet her and congratulate her and be with her in her difficult times. I was her best friend too. I want to be back being best friends.”

“Whatever. Let me sleep now okay?” Suho muttered.

-------------