Moving On...?

Forgetting Love.

Mark:

The guys and I arrived back home. All of us in our own rooms. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes. Nari. I could see everything about her...

Her light brown eyes... The way her hair use to sweep over her shoulder. The cute shade of pink when she blushed. Her sincere smile when someone made a joke. 

She came into my thoughts like a raging storm, then left without a word. I opened my eyes. I thought I had forgotten about her. I always assumed that if I came across her again one day, that I would be fine. It wouldn't hurt anymore. But ever since I saw the teacher call on her it was so hard to stop looking at her. I forgot how beautiful she was... Stupid drunk me had to ruin things. Ugh... 

"Forget it. We were nothing. I get it. Get back safely Mark." 

I knew it right when she cut me off that she wasn't okay. She probably hates my guts right now. I looked at the clock.

4:35 Am. 

. I should probably sleep. I have class tomorrow...

I woke up to my alarm blaring. It was noon. Thank god for afternoon classes. I got up and showered and prepped for today. I changed into a hoodie and pants and slid on my shoes. 

I was halfway towards my class when I saw Nari heading in the same direction. I watched how she read and walked at the same time. She was even beautiful when she walked. Then I remembered what she said yesterday... I sighed and walked passed her and hurried to class. 

After class I rushed out to go meet with the guys. They were all at the canteen chilling and studying. When I arrived I saw Areum sitting down with Jr. by the window.

I pulled out a seat next to the guys. 

"What's with him and Areum?" I asked. I looked over to Jackson for an answer. 

"He has a thing for her." Jackson grinned raising his eyebrows. I smiled and nudged him. I pulled out my laptop and began on my first essay that was assigned this semester. I was halfway through the intro when I heard Areum shout. 

"NARI, over here!" Areum shouted. I froze. But I refused to look up. I heard a chair scrape acroos the floor by the table across from ours. It was Nari. I stole a glance at her before returning to my essay. 

An hour later Areum, Jr. and Nari came over to join us. I looked over at Nari. It was obvious she was avoiding me. I grabbed my stuff and said bye to everyone. 

"Hyung!" Jr. shouted. I smiled at him. 

"I have to go print my paper." I lied. It was evident she didn't want to see me. I didn't want to see her either. I scooted around the chairs and left the canteen. I made it out the door when I heard a familiar voice. 

"Oppa?" The voice asked. I turned around. 

"HyeJung?" I asked. HyeJung smiled. 

"Oppa! You go here?!" HyeJung shouted, wrapping me in an embrace. I laughed. 

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I asked. She pulled away. 

"I thought you went back to California!" HyeJung asked. 

"I did, but I came back." I replied. 

"Oppa if you're not busy, you want to catch up!?" HyeJung asked batting her eyelashes. I grinned. 

"I guess." I smiled. HyeJung wrapped her arms around mine. 

"Lets go to the coffee shop down the street!" HyeJung exclaimed pulling me with her. 

 

Nari:

"Pshh! He ditched us for a girl?!" Bam Bam complained. I looked out the window and sure enough, Mark was walking away arm and arm with some girl. I scoffed. Still the same old Mark. 

"It's only his first week back and he has a girl already?" Jackson asked in shock. He began to pout. 

"You pabo! Why are you pouting?!" Jr. pretended to hit Jackson. Reminding me of a little omma. I smiled.

I guess to Mark we really were nothing... I didn't feel like hanging out anymore. I stood up and grabbed my things. 

"Bye guys, I'm going to go back now." I smiled and left. Maybe I'll get some coffee and go back home to finish my homework. I walked into the coffee shop on campus. I walked up to the counter and ordered a medium cold drink. After paying the cashier I walked over to a seat to wait for my drink. I heard laughing from my right, knowing exactly who's it belonged to. I glanced over and it was Mark with tht girl from earlier. I turned back towards the counter. 

"Nari!" The barista called. I stood up and grabbed my drink then left before Mark could see me. Of all places. Why there? Ugh...