Chapter 6

Dream Lover

  As Ryeowook explained how he used to be and how he became the Dreamweaver, I found myself actually listening to him. I didn't say I believed him, but he certainly sounded as though he actually believed it.

  "I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's true. Tell me, does the Internet still exist?"

  "Not like in the 21st century." I decided to play along for now, until I woke up or found out what he actually wanted. "Too much and too many cat videos and people trying to kill themselves with dangerous stunts. We can look up any information we want to though."

  "If you can, look up Super Junior. I promise I'll be there."

  All thoughts about love at first sight aside, I really don't know why I wanted Boseog to believe me so badly. I guess I really had fallen for her, as young and bitter as she was. She sat there, hands curled around her mug, and glared.

  I'm not saying I believe you, but I'll do that. Now mister I'm In Charge of Dreams, how do I get out of here?"

  I was sad at the thought of her leaving, but she did need to know since she was mortal, so I sighed and explained.

  "If you don't have an alarm set or someone in the mortal world to startle you awake, you really really have to want to wake up. For some it takes longer than others to master. Sometimes you will be able to find other triggers in the dream world, some type of shock like a near death experience for example, but those can be dangerous."

  Have to really want to wake up huh? Well, I'd already stayed too long in this ridiculousness, so hell yeah I wanted to wake up.

  A moment later, Boseog was gone.

  , Boseog stretched and blinked her eyes at the early morning sunlight. What a stupid dream she thought as she scraped herself out of bed to shower and dress. Sticking her head into her mother's room afterwards, she noticed her passed out, half dressed and reeking of cheap booze.Sighing, she went to make herself some toast and a pot of strong coffee.

  After she carried her breakfast over to the computer, Boseog the ancient machine and waited for it to boot up. Though she was fairly certain she'd dreamed up the whole thing, she decided to humor her subconsious and look up Ryeowook and Super Junior, mostly to prove to herself they didn't actually exist.

  Except he, and they did. Once Boseog was able to access "ancient idol groups", there he was, along with fourteen other people. Startled, she clicked on Ryeowook's picture and read his biography, which included his birthdate. His deathdate was listed as "death unknown," instead listing the date of his disappearance. She knew she had never looked this up before, or would have run across it during lessons. The ban on idol groups was covered in history, but the groups themselves were covered in a separate class. Musicwas an option in school, including the history of music, but she hadn't taken it, opting instead for "practical home skills." Maybe there was something to Ryeowook and her dream after all, impossible as it seemed? What did the person claiming to be Morpheus really want with her?