Chapter 5

Dream Lover

  "Well, it may take a while. Do you mind if I move us to someplace more comfortable first?" Boseog glared, but made a sort of "get on with it then" gesture. It wasn't real encouraging, but at this point I decided to take what I could get. I had a feeling she wouldn't really care much for the beach at this point, so I shifted us to a coffee shop setting. At least it was warm and dry. I was hoping she might relax a little with some hot chocolate and a place to sit down. I also dried her clothes. I took a deep breath. This wasn't going to be easy I didn't think.

  "I need to ask you a question first. What year is it?" The look of disgust on Boseog's face was nearly enough to make me run, but I waited.

  "It's 2337. Are you stupid, or do you think I am?"

  "Neither Dear, I mean Boseog. People don't generally dream about the current date, and unless it's in a dream I have no way of knowing about anything going on in the mortal world. I haven't interacted with a mortal since my group mates..." I trailed off, suddenly sad. It had been over two hundred years since I had become Morpheus, and nearly two hundred since I'd talked to a human. Even if a dream required my assistance, I stayed in the background.

  "I know it's hard to believe, but I used to be mortal. Back in the early twenty-first century, I was a member of the idol group Super Junior."

 

I know, tiny chapter is tiny, but Boseog is too hostile at the point, and Wookie is too unused to humans, and less used to teenage angst to have much to say right now. Once they start becoming comfortable around each other, the chapters will be longer. KE