Chapter 2

Is this love?

“Done!” Chloe exclaimed happily as she finished the last touches on her locker, she had been decorating it for the past 20 mins of lunch break and the girl was starving. She closed her locker, locked it and walked to the cafeteria with a grumbling stomach. Chloe loved the fact that this school had a cafeteria with self serve food, it was one of the things you would never experience in the countryside. Chloe told herself that she would eat as much as she can just in case if she never gets this opportunity again, which is highly unlikely because she’s living in Busan now.

 

When Chloe entered the cafeteria she was instantly taken aback by the loud chatters and the huge crowd in the middle, the hungry girl was confused to as why there was a random crowd in the middle of the cafeteria and she was curious as to what they were all so hyped about. There was nobody sitting at the cafeteria seats, every one of her fellow students all gone to the crowd to watch something and Chloe felt awkward just standing there. Plus, she wants to know what’s so amusing anyways.

 

She walked over to the crowd and tried to get a good look at what was going on but it was difficult due to her short height, she tried her best to see on her tiptoes and she completely froze when she saw two guys in the center, and one of them was the rude tall guy at the bus stop she saw today. *What’s he doing here? Does he go here?* She didn’t know why she even asked herself that when the answer was pretty obvious. The short girl was still confused to as why he’s the center of attention right now.

 

Chloe tapped a brunette girl beside her and shyly asked “Who’s that tall guy and what is he doing?” The brunette girl turned to her and looked completely shocked for a moment before sighing and replying “Ah, that’s right. You’re the new girl Chloe right?” Chloe nodded and smiled kindly at her. “That’s probably why you don’t know him then.” “Well you see, he’s the bad boy of our school, Sehun. The that every girl admires and loves, he does nothing but skip school to go clubbing with his gang EXO-K which may I warn you is the most dangerous gang in all of Busan.” Chloe was in disbelief. “A gang?” The young girl questioned again. “Yeah, and that freshman beside him is about to end up in the hospital.”

 

Hospital? What? Chloe was unsure of how to react and she took a closer look before opening in agape. Sehun was grabbing the younger guy’s collar and practically choking him. The girl was shocked as to what was happening and the fact nobody was standing up for the freshman. Instead, all of her fellow students were laughing at him and some even recording. Chloe knew this was horrible and wrong, and if there’s one thing she believed in. It was doing the right thing and Chloe knew what she had to do.

 

Without thinking twice about her decision the girl ran in the center and pushed Sehun off of the younger boy using as much force as her body could generate. Sehun was taken aback by what had happened and was furious, he was about to beat the daylights out of whoever did that to him until he saw that the same girl who left him enraged at the bus stop was back again and in HIS territory.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you? You bully people in your spare time huh? You were practically choking him! He could have died! Why are you so rude?!” Chloe screamed, by now all of the students were watching the two of them and everyone was so startled that this tiny girl had the guts to talk to the almighty Oh Sehun like that. Chloe was even stunned by her own actions as she has never screamed like that in her 16 years of being on this earth, not even when she was a baby. Chloe felt sudden regret wash over her and realized what she had just done, she saw everyone was staring at her with astonished expressions. The poor girl hated being the center of attention and causing a scene and yet she just caused one.

 

Sehun was just as surprised as everyone else, but that surprised face quickly changed into a raging glare “Don’t try to act all tough, .” The last word hit Chloe right into her heart, it happened so quickly she didn't know what to think. Never has anyone called her the B word, let alone a swear word at all. It was her first time having someone call it to her and it stung hard.

 

Before Chloe could answer, her stomach already did for her. It let out a long growl and that was when the girl realized she still hasn’t eaten yet. The whole crowd erupted into laughter and she heard hateful comments towards her that hurt more than what Sehun just called her. “Is the a little hungry?” Sehun snickered. “Here’s a little food for you.” Sehun picked up a tray nearby and dumped all the food that was on the tray on the young girl.

 

Chloe could feel tears swelling up in her eyes and she fought hard not to cry, not in front of these people of course. Luckily, the torture ended there as the principal came into the cafeteria yelling “Everyone out!” all the students quickly left but not before taking a few pictures to laugh at during classes.

 

---

“Thank you.” Chloe bowed to the nurse after cleaning herself up in the nurse’s room. The girl didn’t want to go back to classes but she had too. She knew that this was a horrible first day in Busan and it was nothing close to what she had expected at all. *Just because of my dumb choice* Chloe dragged herself back to her period 6 class and as soon as she entered all eyes were on her, the girl wasn’t surprised though. She had expected this after what happened at lunch.

 

As she sat down she could hear whispers about her already, she did her best to ignore them and just took notes the whole time. Chloe knew she had to do something this, she wanted to confront Sehun but then she knew that she would cause more of a ruckus for herself. The girl tried her best to concentrate but couldn’t focus due to the sadness washing over her. It was the first time in a long long time she has felt down. Usually she was the happy, bright and bubbly Chloe who looked on the brighter side of everything, but just because of that incident she couldn’t bring herself to be happy.

 

---

Finally, after what felt like years inside that class the bell finally ringed. Chloe knew what she had to do and she wasn’t going to back off on her plan. She was going to go confront Sehun for what he did, he completely ruined her first actual day in the city and she wasn’t going to let him humiliate her like that.

 

After Chloe got all her things from her locker she went straight to go find Sehun, she has never been so angry and has so many vent up feelings that she feels like she’s going to explode and it’s all thanks to one jerk.

 

---

“You really embarrassed that new girl today.” Kyungsoo chuckled as Sehun got ready to pull another cigarette out of the cigarette pack, he got out his lighter and lit the cigarette before putting it onto his parted lips. He could barely managed to take 5 puffs before he felt his cigarette being yanked away from his mouth and thrown on the ground, squashed by someone’s shoe. He looked up furiously to find Chloe standing in front of him, EXO-K all watched excited to see what will happen.

 

“Again?” Sehun said in an annoyed tone.

 

“Yes again! Who do you think you are? You embarrassed me in front of the whole school on my first day! I was looking forward to an amazing experience living in the big city of Busan but you had to ruin it! You ruined all of it and calling me the B-word? That’s so mature. You’re older than me yet you act like a freaking 2 year old! How could you do that? And you made me apologize to you at the bus stop this morning when you’re here smoking a cancer stick! You should really be the one apologizing to me you big jerk!”

 

Chloe was so angry she was practically fuming while Sehun had an amused smirk on his face replacing his expressionless emotion from before. The younger girl, feeling satisfied with her rant turned to walk away when she felt a familiar grab on her wrist. *Oh no, this was what happened this morning* Chloe tried to yank away when she felt one of Sehun’s arm supporting her back as the other hand kept her from leaving.

 

Seeing the flushed look on the girl’s face, Sehun leaned in close until she felt their faces touching. If she had moved just an inch more they would have kissed. Chloe could hear the laughter of EXO-K in the corner but refused to move, scared her lips will touch his.

 

Sehun studied her gorgeous facial features and was starstruck for a moment by how beautiful she was, the younger girl had big brown eyes with long silky eyelashes and a perfectly shaped jaw line. *No, Sehun snap out of it* The boy thought to himself *I’m just doing this to , I don’t like her* Sehun had to constantly remind himself so he wasn’t tempted to kiss her.

 

“Y-y-yah!” Chloe tried to get out of his grab but everytime she tried to escape, his hold would go tighter. “You know, you’re pretty fascinating” Sehun smirked at her. The trapped girl felt her cheeks burn up as she looked away.

 

Just like that, the older boy released his grasp on the girl making her almost fall backwards onto the hard ground if not for Suho catching her.

 

Feeling like her plan backfired on her the annoyed girl quickly stomped away, more angry than when she came.


“Wow, she’s really something” Baekhyun teased. “Yeah, and I want that something to be mine.” Sehun replied with a slight grin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd chapter! Finally it''s the weekend ~