Chapter 3

Is this love?

*UGHHH WHY AM I SO DUMB* Chloe thought to herself, the girl just had to make Sehun more madder than he was before and now she’s never going to get away with it. Chloe knows for a fact that Sehun’s going to ruin her life, make it 100 times more worse than the first day.

 

*I should’ve thought it through first* Chloe didn’t even know why she wanted to go and stand up to Sehun when she knew it would only make matters worse, maybe it’s just that the young girl never experienced a bully before.

 

Back in her hometown everyone was kind and nice to her. She only saw people being made fun of and bullied in movies, which every time a scene like that came on, her heart would break for the victim.

 

In the movies, when a victim gets bullied, they would always go stand up to the person who bullied them. Because of the inexperience Chloe had, she followed what the people in movies would have done. But the young girl quickly realized that those things were only Hollywood cliches and real life was way different.

 

“Unnie, what’s wrong?” A happy voice called out to Chloe, grabbing the girl’s attention immediately. Chloe stopped for a moment to think, shook her head and gave a light smile towards the younger sister.  

 

The thing about Chloe was that unlike other people who often hated and fought with their siblings she cherished the fact that she had a little sister, their age was pretty close too with Hana being 14 and Chloe being 16, they could tell anything to each other, they have never hid secrets and the girl holds Hana very dear in her heart.

 

She always protected and cared for Hana, when the younger sister was sad Chloe would always be there to comfort her and make her happy again. They weren’t just siblings, they were best friends. Whenever one of them was sad or going through a hard time, the other one would always be there for them no matter what.

 

That’s why she could feel regret when she kept what happened today from her sister, Chloe didn’t want to lie to the younger one but she didn’t want Hana to worry about her. And besides, if she told Hana, the younger sister would go and tell her parents which would only cause more stress on them than they already have now from moving here.

 

Her dad was busy with his new job promotion and her mom is busy getting all the documents for the house and all the things that had to do with them moving here in Busan, plus she was also working 2 part time jobs anyways. Chloe didn’t want to disturb them, why would she? They shouldn’t be responsible for her lack of courage.

 

“Unnie, we promised each other to never hide secrets. Did something bad happen today?” Hana asked the older girl, concern evident in her tone and her face. “N-n-no nothing bad h-h-happened a-at all. Chloe stuttered while trying to rush her words, she knew her little sister would find out sooner or later but she didn’t want her to know now.

 

“Umm, okay… But you know, if something did happen, tell me.” Hana spoke with obvious sadness, the younger sister knew that Chloe was keeping something from her but she didn’t want to be annoying and bug her about it. This is the first time Chloe has ever kept a secret from her and she couldn’t help but feel heartbroken as she walked away from the nervous looking sister.

 

After Hana left, Chloe went upstairs to her bedroom and plopped herself down on the fluffy bed. The girl was scared, scared for what’s going to happen tomorrow. She laid there staring at the ceiling for what seemed like 3 hours, she felt nothing but regret and nervousness. The two feelings which she has never felt ever before.

 

Just as Chloe was about to give in and tell Hana what really happened an idea suddenly popped into her mind making the girl suddenly hop up from her bed with a genuine smile on her face.

 

*Chanyeol*

 

How could she have not thought of that before? Chanyeol was Chloe’s childhood best friend, they have been together since they were in diapers, he knew all the secrets about her as did she. He was basically the male version of Hana.

 

Chloe and Chanyeol used to play together all the time, they were closer than close. That was up until grade 8 when Chanyeol and his family moved to Busan. Chloe could still remember the day that he moved, she had never cried so much. The girl was on her knees begging him not to leave her but the male had to go, giving her one last apologetic look, he turned and walked away.

 

They kept in contact for a little while after he moved but as the summer of grade 9 came to an end, Chloe was too busy keeping up with her school work trying to get into a good high school that they eventually started drifting and she hasn’t talked to him since.

 

The girl wondered about what Chanyeol would think of her after not talking to him for 2 years and then randomly texting him again, she was contemplating whether to text him or not to but hey, Chanyeol was her childhood best friend and he told her he would always be there for her if she ever needed him.

 

And besides, Chloe was now living in Busan so she could see Chanyeol and reunite with him. The thought of meeting him again brought a cheerful smile to her face.

 

Chloe got up and quickly went to her unpacked boxes and started searching for her phone book. After what feels like hours of looking, she finally found it. She excitedly opened it and searched the C section. Chaerin, Chinhae, Chohee, Chungho, Chanyeol! *Yes!!*

 

Chloe sat on the edge of her bed and grabbed her phone, she dialed in Chanyeol’s number and eagerly waited for him to pick up.

 

“Hello?”

 

A deep voice coming from the other end answered

 

“Uh, hi. Is this Chanyeol?” Chloe’s shaky voice responded  

 

“Yeah.”

 

Chloe could feel her nervous frown turn into a delighted smile

 

“This is Chloe.” The girl was scared, what if he didn’t remember who she was? What if he hated her for not keeping in contact with him for the past 2 years, what if, what if?

 

Chloe’s thoughts were interrupted when the deep voice turned into a joyful one. Chanyeol sounded just as overjoyed as she was, Chloe’s heart finally felt at ease when Chanyeol remembered her.

 

--------

 

After talking on the phone with Chanyeol for what seemed like ages, they decided to meet up. He would go over to Chloe’s school and pick her up then take her out for bubble tea.

 

*Chanyeol’s so nice* Chloe thought to herself *A bit like my ideal* She gave a warm smile as she was thinking about tomorrow.

 

The girl isn’t even scared for whats to come when she meets Sehun again because she would see Chanyeol as well.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd chapter guys :) I been kinda lazy with my writing so I’ll make it up to you guys in the following chapters to come.