prologue.

▐ ░ EVERMORE / / 언제나 « yg & elite entertainment ░▐ — apply open
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The lantern's blood will shine in the darkest night.     navigation home reviews link three plotlines link one link four application link two layout credit prologue posted April 24, 2015 by admin

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man,

and bring tears from the eyes of woman."

-Ludwig van Beethoven

 

The dark canvas of the twilight seemed to fade away as the streaks red and yellow are gracefully painted against it. The bright moon still shimmered against the sky, slowly making its descend to create a new chapter, a new beginning. The sun is making its way up to shine its light to the living organisms underneath it. The air is still and quiet, adding to the peaceful atmosphere created by nature.

Underneath the gradient of the sky, there is a light buzz of cars, mostly workers getting to their job, even some students wanting to go to school early. A woman looking no older than 20, breaks the stillness of the air as she hums to an unknown piece of music. The melody urging the birds to tweet along making her look like a protagonist in a fairytale. Her shadow follows her footsteps as she walks, as her footsteps are quiet and careful. The woman sighs as she enters the living room, there are clothes, plastic bags and uneaten food scattered around. A light crack echoes through the hallways as she stretches and starts to clean up the mess her fellow members left the night prior. Only the sound of rustling plastic, light footsteps and her humming can be heard.

The morning is still young, as the woman begins to light the stove and starts to prepare breakfast for her hungry ‘children’. Noticing a bright yellow post-it note on the fridge, she takes a small peek before she chuckles at its content and shakes her head the boys’ childish nature.

 

“Pancakes, huh?” she whispered to herself.

 

She puts some bacon on the pan, before she begins to make the pancake batter. Soon the air is begins to take on the heavenly scent of bacon, the woman noticed this and quickly closed the door. The woman cracks the eggs putting its contents into a transparent bowl and whisks it with sugar to create the fluffy texture the kids have grown to love, before carefully folding the flour into the mixture to incorporate it. Taking the cooked bacon into a plate, she begins to fry some scrambled egg and prepares a new pan for the sweet pancakes. There is a creak from the door, notifying her of an intruder.

 

“Breakfast is almost ready; can you set the table up for me?” She ordered him, though she does not take her eyes of her cooking.

 

The silhouette of a man trots to the kitchen drawers, retrieving ceramic plates and the silverware. The two continue their business quietly, not wanting to wake the kids up before the breakfast is cooked. He puts the individual cutlery onto the table, he brings some juice: apple, grape and orange for their kids as well as prepares a kettle for tea and coffee.

 

One by one the kids are awaken by the scent of bacon and pancakes that had lingered in the air as they were cooked. Stretching their muscles, they all stumble into the bathroom and begin to clean themselves. Soon the house is lively, the cold and still air long gone as the family begin their usual morning with laughter and heavenly food.

 

After their meal, the family is picked up by a big black mini-bus. Today was a special day, today was the day the family has their final evaluation. Their hearts beating rapidly, their palms damp with sweat. Each and every one of them trembles with nervousness, together they pray for their dreams, their hard work and determination to be repaid. Yet they also knew that this just the beginning not the end. They know that the stage will get harder and harder, and that they need to be there for each other.

 

The minibus drive past a series of greenery and small roads, in the distance the huge towers of Seoul could be seen. The man by the front notices the tense mood the family radiates and turns the radio on. The upbeat melody of the song makes the family at ease of their nervousness. The kids grin at the familiar song and begin to sing along making the adults grin to themselves.

 

Soon the familiar structure of a building comes into view. The family is once again reminded of the horrid they, although they are yet to know their fates and if their prayers have been granted. The mini-bus comes to a halt, and the woman stands up with a grin pained on her face.

 

“Lighten up guys,” she started, “we can do this and you know it!” the woman grins more. “Fighting!” she hollered as she pumps her fist into the air, giving a little ease onto the family. They all take a deep breath as they start to walk up the stairs, the man and the woman leading them.

 

Their footsteps echo along the hallways of the building, they walk in a double line, their hands all connected to give them comfort. In a distance was a door made of strong dark wood and in the room was either their enemy or their ally, it really depended on the outcome of their evaluation. Stopping to a halt, the woman looks behind her and gives them an encouraging smile.

 

“Let’s do this!” she whispers as she softly knocks on the door.

“Come in!” a deep voice calls.

 

They all take another deep breath before the woman opens the door. They waited for everyone to be in the room before they greeted the powerful man seated in front of them.

 

“1, 2, 3.” the man and the woman counted before they all bowed. “Annyeong haseyo! Evermore imnida!” they all said in unison.

 

“Good Morning, ladies and gentlemen.” the powerful man greeted, before gesturing the family to
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter