Perceived

The Secret In Her Eyes

"I... i received a letter that your aunt and uncle left. sold the house and moved. I don't know where. she said... you have to settle here. she gave you money to settle down."

a tear fell from my eyes. "what?... she... abandoned me?"

I was happy because of the freedom. but at the same time, I was sad. how could my aunt just leave me in another country? what about luhan?

it was myungsoo's turn to hug me. I hugged him back tightly.

"why..." I cried in his shirt.

"I have to enrol you to a school. my school. you'll be safe with me. we'll think about the future next time." he whispered in my ears.

I nodded and pulled away as I took the bag of money and counted.

"there isn't enough for me to go back, I needed a little more" I said panicky.

"don't worry. I said I have money here. if you really want to go back, I'll give you the money" he said.

"no, myungsoo... I'll work and earn the money. I already owe you too much. besides, I can't go back. I don't know where my aunt and uncle are, and... I don't know where is he. I don't even know how he look like. I don't even know where I stay. if only I wasn't blind" I mumbled.

"who's he?" myungsoo asked curiously.

"he? I- I... it's no one" I laughed away quickly.

luhan's pov

I've never forgotten about si yoon. I've... fell for her too deep. I couldn't be mad at her, because I don't know the reason, and it's definitely not her fault. I write letters to her every night and I kept it in a box. I believe I will meet her one day. I will give her the whole box when I meet her.

today, I went for the second audition and got accepted to go to korea. after the last audition in korea and if I get through, I'll be trainee. and then I'll be a singer. let me fulfill si yoon's wish for me even if she's already gone.

si yoon's pov

a week later, I was able to go to a normal school with myungsoo.

when we first arrived school everyone was blabbering and looking at us.

"myungsoo, who's that?"
"is that his girlfriend?"

it was unexpected that he was popular in school and he was- mean. he don't smile and respond when people approached him and smile. it was like the very first time when i met him. 

"hey myungsoo! and wow, who's this? a girl!" his friend said.

"oh. she's my girlfriend" he said smoothly.

my eyes widened. girlfriend?

"wow wow wow, you never tell me about it. you don't even talk to girls!"

"but I do outside" he winked.

"I'm sungyeol!" he waved at me.

I pulled him to the side.

"how are we a couple?" I whispered.

he flipped us and he put his hands both sides of my head against the wall.

"I had no choice. if not what do I say? a friend? I've never been so close to a girl. a relative? they'll know were not related"

true.

"I promised you you'll be safe here. this way, no one would ever bully you. even you have a bad past." he added. I nodded my head and pushed him away gently.

soon, the news myungsoo girlfriend is me spread throughout the whole school and I was known school wide in a day. girls either were jealous or some envied me and wanted to be my friend.

even though we are "together" he didn't really talk to me in school much and only hung out with his friends. I couldn't blame him for that. inside, I know he is a nice guy.

people were like:
"they're couple but they don't act like one"
"have you ever seen them kiss or hug? I don't"

"are you guys really couple?" sungyeol asked.

myungsoo suddenly took my hands during recess and looked at sungyeol.

"are we already?" myungsoo said tiredly.

"that's not counted. I can also hold her hands" he said, wanting to hold my hands.

"nope back off. she's mine." he shooed him away. "how about this, we stayed together" he said. oh my god.

"together?!" sungyeol look at me. I slightly nodded my head and shy awkwardly. guess we have to go with the flow?

"oh my god. so did you guys... do it?" do it? you mean- that.

I shook my head. "of course-"

"of course!" myungsoo quickly said.

"oh myungsoo, you're a man" he gave him a brofist to his chest playfully.

I have friends. I tried to mix with the innocent instead of the y and popular group. they are really nice. I told them I am from china and migrated to korea to study. I didn't told them I was blind and I was abandoned. I couldn't.

I started working too. I don't work as much jobs as myungsoo. I wanted to earn some money, go back and somehow find my aunt and uncle. and luhan. I don't want to burden myungsoo anymore.

"what are you thinking about?" myungsoo interrupted me in class.

"just thinking. about life" I looked at him and smile.

luhan's pov

I finally reached korea and went for the final audition. I got in and I had to stay here as a trainee. I couldn't wait to debut. my parents also migrated to korea.

si yoon's pov

6 months passed. I finally earned enough money to go back.

"do contact me. if you want to come back, tell me. I'll get you back here. to be honest, I'll prefer it if you're with us. see how much princess loves you, she'll miss you so much" myungsoo said as his sister nodded her head and teared.

"I'll definitely come back some day. I'll miss you guys too. thank you myungsoo. here, the money for the phone and some money for the stay" I said as I passed to him.

"nah-uh. you keep it. next time." he smiled. I couldn't hold it back and I hugged him back.

"I'll never forget you. your family. thank you." I said as I pulled away.

"you're welcome." he said as he took my luggage and put it in the car.

I found out about my address using my passport information and I'm going to find luhan.

we reached the airport and I had a flashback when my aunt brought me to the airport. it hurts. and now it gave me the same feeling. why don't I feel excited about meeting luhan? It felt more like I dread of leaving.

"having doubts? you'll be fine. find your aunt and uncle. if not im sure there's a way you could settle down there yourself." myungsoo smiled. must I really go?

I hugged myungsoo the last time.

"it's okay, I could go there and visit you. or you could come back." he assured.

he waved as the distance between us grew bigger everytime I take a step towards the departure gate. goodbye myungsoo.

I soon arrived china and alight. I went to the house where I used to stay with my family, but it was another family leaving inside. my aunt and uncle sold it to get money. I didn't know about this. I became mad and then cooled, maybe it was the right thing to do. I don't know.

I took a deep breath and told the address to the taxi driver where I live with my aunt. beside luhan.

"miss? you have arrived" the taxi driver interrupted me. "oh" I said as I paid him and dropped off the taxi.

"4th floor" I said to myself as I pressed on the elevator.

I walked out and realize there wasn't a "sale" sign on the door. it's sold out? I knocked on the door and a man opened.

"hi. did you just move in?" I asked awkwardly.

"yes. about... a month ago." he said, knowing I look harmless.

"do... you know the previous owner who stayed here?"

"yes. why?"

"do you know where they stayed? well if you're wondering im their niece and I'm from korea. I need their new address"

"I'm sorry, but I really don't know. I heard that they moved not really far from here. that's all." he said as I nodded my head. "thank you" I smiled weakly.

I walked next door and my eyes widened. I saw the "sale" sign on their door. luhan... he's gone?

I walked back and knocked on his door again.

he looked at me.

"what about the people next door?"

"oh. they left about two weeks ago. they said they're migrating to korea because of their son." migrating? korea?

"luhan, you mean?"

"yes him! his mum said he's going to be a trainee in some music company. I can't remember what is it called, sorry." he apologized.

"n-no... it's okay. you've been a really great help. thank you and sorry for disturbing your day" I said.

"nope, i'd love to help. I'm glad I managed to help you, at least a bit" he laughed lightly.

everyone's gone. I realized I made the wrong choice to come here. even... luhan left me. 

I booked a hotel nearby because they were no apartments available for rent now. I walked down the streets get some memories. see how the place actually looked like where I have live and imagined the place looked like when I was blind. so this was the ice cream shop luhan had brought me. I stopped and went in and ordered the flavour luhan bought in the past.

"hi, can I have a mango, peach and strawberry flavour?"

"hey you! I know you!" the worker said as soon as he looked at me.

I looked at him strangely. "I'm probably the blind girl you're talking about." I said. he's probably the one who served luhan last time.

"yes!!! I'm glad you could finally see" he said.

I nodded my head and smile.

"your boyfriend was sucha nice fella. he always dropped by here for ice cream. he brought you once and after that I've never seen him again. and then he came like 2 weeks ago, but he doesn't seem happy like he used to. why isn't he is with you today?" he asked.

I told him the truth. "I was abandoned in korea by my aunt. I had to work and earned money to came back but everyone was gone. I don't know where he is now. like my aunt left, he left. heard that he migrated. the worst thing is that I don't even know how he look like because I only know him when I was blind"

"here, it's my treat for you. enjoy, and stay positive. I'm sure you guys would meet again one day" he said as he gave me the ice cream. "thank you so much" I said as I left. I went to the groceries store after that, and I saw someone extremely familiar. I followed her. and then I called her.

"aunt,"

how is it so coincident? she stopped whatever she was doing and slowly put back the stuffs in her hand as if she did a crime and got caught for it.

I walked closer to her.

"aunt" I repeated. more sternly. it's her.

she finally looked at me. "oh si yoon!" she said and laughed lightly.

"aunt" I repeated again.

"you can finally see! I'm happy for you" she smiled, trying to get away from her "evil" doing of abandoning me.

"why did you abandon me in korea?" I asked.

"I didn't. I thought it's better if you stay there."

"I wasn't. you didn't let me say goodbye to luhan. you didn't tell me you were going to abandon me in korea and not let me go back. now I'm back, luhan's gone."

"what do you mean by gone?"

"he left. his whole family left. the house was sold."

"I can't do anything about it. it's not my fault" she quickly excused herself.

"fine. what about my family's house?"

"well it's still sitting there, fine. you don't have to go back-"

"of course because you sold it. and you took all the money"

her eyes widened as if I caught her redhanded. she relaxed again soon after, "you are too young to handle those big money my dear" she said.

"yeah. but you weren't even allowed to sell it in the first place. I was the only one who decides about the house. but you sold the house through my name."

"I was wrong with that then. I could give you back the money now" she said.

"so what? I can't get back the memories I had with my parents. you practically sold everything to them and made me left with nothing."

"you need to learn to give up and move on. besides, I gave you a chance to see the world again" she said sternly.

"that was because you wanted to get rid of me. you take the money and throw me away"

"that's not-"

"I was blind yet you treat me like trash. beat me when you're mad at something that doesn't involve me at all. you guys had never brought me out. you kept me at home like a prisoner. all these just because I'm blind. do you know that I once tried committing suicide? I guess you guys don't even care. you practically just used me."

she couldn't argue back because I was right.

"and here I am. you think I wouldn't find you again. I could file a report or sue you for all your doings."

"no si yoon please, we're related after all"

"sure. on one condition. return all the money you gotten from my family's house. from there I'll never look up for you again. ever."

I went back to the hotel and cried. I had nothing left here. why do I still have to stay on here? this is a bad past. I can't actually stay here. I have to go back. and go back means korea.

at the same time, if fate let me meet luhan again. I might not know how he looked like, but I could recognize his voice. his presence.

but for once, I swear I felt I missed someone else. not aunt of course. not luhan. but myungsoo. he had been there for me and never leave me. instead I leave him. we lived together, depending on each other.

i think I might have fallen in love with myungsoo. maybe falling in love with luhan was just a crush. someone to depend on. like best friend. it wasn't anything about love.

I went back to korea and took a taxi to myungsoo's place.

I unlocked the door quietly and I saw myungsoo looking at his phone intently.

myungsoo. I miss you.

"myungsoo," I called out quietly.


update again woohoo! to those who are reading up to here, thank you!!!!!!!! this story has really little views and subscribers compared to my other stories... but if you like it please comment and upvote!!!!! thank you once again :-)