My Destiny Rides The Subway!

Just Another Kind of Love

A/N: Sooo, I've decided to post a Kris/Jessica one-shot, while I work on another with TaengSic (apparently I can't stay away from that pairing). I apologize if this is not exactly what you expected. It's a little bit romantic, a little bit dramatic, a little bit fluffy, a little bit weird. Enjoy! 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

           Jessica’s life was simple and boring. Anyone with that kind of schedule would think of it that way, especially when every single day, all you do is just the same things over and over again. She had a fixed program and almost never deviated from it. She woke up early in the morning, ate breakfast, left for the company, practiced, ate lunch, practiced again, left the building and headed straight home, took a shower and went to bed. Pretty plain, right?

           All that was on her mind was the thought of debuting as fast as possible. Nothing could stop her. She didn’t care about boys, hobbies, shopping and normal stuff like that. All she knew was her training and didn’t think she needed anything else. Until one day…

           She was following her normal timetable and going back to the dorms when something happened. There was a big accident on one of the streets her bus was usually taking and all traffic had been stopped, so she had to go on another route. The subway seemed like a convenient mean of transportation and she didn’t esitate to go there, arriving just in time with the train. She sighed and took a seat, luckily finding an empty one. Three more stops and she’d be home, in her bed, with a warm blanket curled around her small body, lulling her to sleep.

           Her gaze fell on the window across her, making her smile for a bit at the blurry reflection. Her blonde hair was tied up in a ponytail, sweat still trickling on her face here and there, her body still feeling hot from dancing so much. She wasn’t wearing any make up, since it’d get messy during practice. She didn’t think she looked attractive. Not at all. Not just a bit.

           She started looking around the train, out of boredom, inspecting from head to toe every person her eyes landed on. And that’s when she saw him. Tall, way taller than her, at least twenty centimeters as difference. He had blonde hair, matching hers, slightly long fringe falling over big dark eyes, outlined with black kohl. She felt heat rising in her cheeks, as realization hit her. She couldn’t tear her attention away from the obviously interesting looking man. And then he turned his head. She acted like nothing was wrong, like she wasn’t clearly checking him out, so she casually looked in another direction, avoiding his gaze.

           They played this game a few times, the girl shamelessly staring at him, before gluing her gaze to someone else, as if nothing had happened and he wasn’t staring back at her. Panic arose inside her when her prince seemed to reach his destination. She turned her head to take one last glimpse at the perfectly shaped body and gulped as her heart skipped a bit. She looked at his big hands, then at his chest, gaze moving upwards to his neck, his lips and finally landing on his eyes that had a playful sparkle as they met hers. Wait… What?!

           She gasped loudly, but as much as her mind told her to turn away, her heart didn’t seem to want to listen to her, being too charmed by his half-smile, half-smirk. When it felt like it was too much, when her breathing stopped as her heartbeat accelerated, she finally looked away in the complete opposite direction, covering her cheeks with her palms, trying to stop the blush from being to obvious.  

           She heard the doors open and took a peek to her right, watching as the prince-like man exited the train without as much as one look over his shoulder. She felt something sink in her stomach and internally cursed at herself for getting her hopes up for nothing. A sigh left her trembling lips as her eyes bore holes to her left side, outside the subway’s boundaries. Coincidentally (or not), the blonde haired man just stood in place, right there, looking back at her and smiling, revealing his perfect white teeth. Her face must’ve been as red as a tomato and eyes as big as plates, because she didn’t think she’d reach a lower level of embarrassement than that from earlier. She managed to smile back, as the doors closed and the train slowly started to move again, interrupting their staring contest.

           In a few minutes, she was back home. She’d never felt more alone. She wrapped her arms around her frail body and just stood in the middle of the couch, not knowing if she wanted to cry or smile like an idiot. It was the best thing that had ever happened to her and it was already over. As she knew how many times destiny screwed her over, her heart sank and realized this was going to be no exception. In the end, she fell asleep, tears creating wet spots on her pillow, his image still floating inside her head.

 

 

 

 

 

           Days passed and Jessica found herself taking the subway more often. She also discovered her lack of luck when it came to love. Fate was really a slippery ground. It gave her a chance and she missed it. There seemed to be no room for another.

           But even if her search was going that badly, she desperately held on to the hope of seeing him again, even if she promised she wouldn’t.

           She completely stopped taking the bus and got an unlimited card for the subway.

 

 

 

 

 

           She stepped inside the train and looked around in annoyance. She couldn’t cope with this anymore, but since she’d started this and come so far, she wasn’t going to give up half way. ‘Just give me a sign. If you want me to believe in you, just give me this. I’ll never ask for anything else.’ she thought and stared at the ceiling, then back at her phone, switching between songs until something that she wanted started playing. ‘Confused. Please don’t… . Danger.’ the titles filled her mind, eyes narrowing at the little device in her hand ‘Seriously?!’. She sighed and lifted her head, scanning her surroundings. This time, she couldn’t find a seat, so she decided to stay somewhere near the door instead.

           Her heart felt heavy and her head was soon spinning. She couldn’t take this anymore, desperately looking around once again. ‘If I don’t see him today, I give up…’ she thought, biting her bottom lip to suppress her overflowing emotions. “Looking for someone?” a deep, husky voice asked from behind her. She frowned and turned around, eyes locking with the one’s before her. was open in a silent gasp and blush soon found its’ way on her face.

           “N-N-Not r-r-really!” she squeaked and mentally cursed again for acting so retarded in front of the one she had been searching for for so long. He didn’t seem to mind, the corners of his lips twitching upwards in a charming smile. Her heart skipped a beat… or a few more than it should’ve.

           “You’re kind of cute, you know…” he started, not bothered by the slight shock that crossed her face at his bluntness. “Uh… Uh… Thanks.” she muttered, gaze falling to the ground, breathing intensifying. “I’m glad I could see you again. I’m Kris, by the way.” he continued, chuckling lightly as he rubbed the back of his head. “I-I-I am… M-My name is J-Jessica.” she managed to say, annoyed by the fact that she was unable to speak normally, her nervousness getting on her nerves. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Jessica.” Kris replied, her name sounding better than ever when leaving his plump lips. “Same.”.

 

 

 

 

 

           They exchanged numbers that night. He told her he came from the States. She told him she did too. He found out she wanted to become an idol. She laughed when he said he was gonna be featured as a rapper in her songs. He confessed that he still found her cute. She believed.

 

 

 

 

 

           He seemed sincere. She couldn’t detect any lying in his tone. She trusted him with everything he said. Until he asked her if she liked him as much as he liked her. Even if she wasn’t sure if he meant it, she still said ‘yes’. They made it official…on SNS.

 

 

 

 

 

           She debuted in a group called SNSD. He about it. She got dating rumors. The company denied. They recruited him for a new boygroup. Apparently, they were lacking good-looking members. She agreed.

 

 

 

 

 

           He debuted with EXO. They were still dating. She became the Ice Princess. He still wasn’t any kind of prince, except for hers. He remained that way.

 

 

 

 

 

           “I love you, babe.” Kris said and put the Hawaiian-styled flower garland around her neck. The cheers from the crowd were so loud, he could barely hear her whisper “I love you too.”. 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

Sooo... This was my inspiration. Kind of...