The Guardian

Lords of Dolce Vita
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first sense to return was his sense of touch. Even in his disoriented state, Daesung's body could register the soft cushioning underneath him.

Where am I...?

Cracking his eyes open ever so slightly, Daesung saw a huge chandelier hanging above him.

That image was all it took to open a floodgate of memories - changing hair colours, elongating fangs, growling snout and flying fireballs. Daesung stiffened at the reminder of the situation that he was in.

Is it even possible to outrun these guys...?

Through the small crack of vision, he scanned his environment. Just a few feet away from him were the four friends, seated in a row on a lounge chair. They were silent, guilty looks on each of their now-normal faces.

"Well?" a nasal voice from the behind Daesung asked. He wondered who this was, but there is certainly no way he would open his eyes just to see the identity of the man.

I should continue to play possum.

"It's been an hour, and still, nobody wants to own up?" the voice asked again. Even though he didn't say anything further, Daesung could hear the very real threat behind the question.

Jiyong slowly straightened up in his seat.

"I will confess."

"Hyung? What are you doing, hyung?" the maknae asked, but Jiyong shushed him.

"It's okay, my dear Seungri. I will take responsibility as the leader of this group."

"No...you musn't do this, Ji hyung..." Seungri protested, his face a mask of shock.

"You are right, Ji," Taeyang agreed, "we must protect our dear maknae and be the hyungs that we are. In that case, Yang Sajangnim, I too would like to confess something..."

"No, Youngbae hyung, please don't!" Seungri tried to stop his hyung, but Taeyang simply placed an assuring hand on the maknae's shoulder and shook his head.

"In that case, I will join in and make my confession as well. I'm the oldest hyung in the guild, so it is also my duty to protect our dearest maknae," TOP spoke up with an air of resignation as well.

This proved too much for the weak-hearted maknae as he burst into tears.

"Hyuuunnngggsss...!! I never thought that you would go as far as sacrificing yourself for this worthless maknae!! I'm so touched by your affection, hyungs!!" 

"There, there, Riri," Jiyong comforted him with a hug, "don't you go crying on us. Your hyungs are doing this for your own good."

"No, Ji hyung!" Seungri shook his as he pulled away from the shapeshifter. "I will not let my hyungs get into trouble because of my silly suggestion!"

"Seungri..." TOP hyung started, but he was cut off by the maknae.

"Don't stop me, TOP hyung!! This is MY sacrifice as the maknae of this guild!"

Turning around to face the mystery speaker, Seungri clutched at his chest dramatically.

"Yang Sajangnim, it was me! It was me who suggested the silly competition to scare Daesung hyung! It was all me! Please punish only me and leave my hyungs alone!!"

Silence filled the room following the maknae's tearful confession.

"That certainly took long enough."

Both Jiyong and Taeyang nodded in agreement with TOP's comment. "Thought he will never get around to confessing," Jiyong added.

"Wait...what are you guys saying, hyung?"

"Maknae totally caught the bait and swallowed everything - hook and line included," Taeyang pointed out, ignoring the maknae.

Seungri's expression, Daesung noted, was making a transition from the selfless hero  to the surprised victim of a clever trap set by his hyungs.

"WAS THIS A TRAP ALL ALONG??! ALL OF YOU WERE IN THIS TOGETHER??!?!"

Jiyong shrugged his shoulder.

"You were taking too long to admit. Anyway, it wasn't a trap. I was really gonna 'fess up to Sajangnim..."

"Thank you, Ji hyung. I know at least you would truly care for me."

"...that it was you who planned all this," Jiyong ended with a grin.

Seungri's face was one of horror and disgust.

"JIYONG HYUUUUUNNNGGG!! HOW COULD YOU BETRAY YOUR BELOVED MAKNAE LIKE THIS?!?!?"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Stop it all of you! For goodness sake...you're even worse than a bunch of werepups!!" the nasal-voiced Sajangnim scolded the four friends. 

"So maknae, it was you who suggested it?"

Seungri smirked.

" Yeah, it was me who came up with the idea," he admitted nonchlantly," But it was Jiyong hyung who suggested we change..."

"Yah! You ratting out on us now?" Jiyong glared, but the maknae ignored him.

"...TOP hyung who took advantage of the situation by upping the stakes..."

"I should have just left you to rot in hell instead of letting you and your dirty mouth loose like this" the eldest hyung cursed as he whacked the maknae on the head. Taeyang stopped him from doing any further damage.

"...and Youngbae hyung."

"Huh?? Me?? What did I do??" Taeyang was surprised at his name being mentioned as well.

"You participated gleefully."

Taeyang stared at the smug-looking Seungri.

"I'm sorry for stopping you, TOP hyung. Please go ahead and kill the maknae."

"I'm glad you finally came to your senses, Youngbae," TOP nodded approvingly.

Seungri's eyes widened with terror.

"SAJANGNIM!! THE HYUNGS ARE BULLYING ME AGAIN!!!"

Jiyong rolled his eyes at this.

"Will you just shut up, Seungri??! The human has been awake for the past 15 minutes now, but nobody noticed because you were making such a din!"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

. He found out about me.

"That's not true. I noticed he was awake too. The human practically reeks of fear right now....well, actually he just reeks because he hadn't taken a shower," Taeyang said, scrunching up his nose.

"Daesung hyung," Seungri called out," we already know you are just pretending to be knocked out. Won't you please get up? I promise we won't hurt you."

Daesung's heart was thudding away rapidly at being caught in his pretense. 

Should I get up? What if they were just taking a stab in the dark and trying to lure me out instead? 

"Perhaps I should tear his throat just a little...?" TOP suggested mildly.

Daesung's eyes snapped open at that.

"I'M UP!! I'M UP!!! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!! I'M A , BUT I DON'T WANNA DIE A ! PLEASE!!!!"

Silence. 

"YOU'RE A , HYUNG??!!"

. I thought they were gonna eat me just a while ago? 

With everyone else in the room was staring at him, Daesung could feel his cheeks burn with embarassment.

"I...I mean...I..I've kissed a girl before...but...you know...I've...never been...................there."

Seungri was trying hard to hold back his smile, but he accidently gave a snort. The cue was all that was needed to start the maknae, Jiyong and Taeyang howling with laughter.

It made Daesung want to bury himself in the deepest hole on earth.

Oh damn it. Please just eat me now.

"Now we know why you were being so talkative, hyung!!" Taeyang laughed.

Hyung?...Wait...They are not laughing at me...?

Daesung's gaze went from the laughing trio to their eldest hyung. He was scowling and glaring at his juniors, clearly annoyed.

"Yes, yes!! Now we know!! I thought it was weird for TOP hyung to be so talkative too!! Turns out the maknae was spot on after all!!" Jiyong agreed, clutching his sides as he doubled up with laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter