The Human Boy

Lords of Dolce Vita
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung! Let's go for a karaoke session after school!"

Kang Daesung looked up from his phone to see his bestfriend, Lee Seunghyun, grinning widely as he stood by Daesung's desk. Junior by a year, Lee Seunghyun will usually introduce himself as Seungri. When asked why, he would always say that it's because he will have victory in whatever situation, hence the name.

Daesung smiled at Seungri's expectant grin.

"You totally forgot your promise to study with me, didn't you?"

Seungri's grin faltered.

"Aish...hyung....I already promised you that we will study together for an entire month. Starting a day later won't hurt, no?" 

Daesung shook his head and crossed his arm, not wanting to bargain with his friend. The younger guy had flung his last test, and Daesung is unwilling to see his bestfriend continue take a lackadaisical attitude towards his study again.

Seungri's eyes narrowed at Daesung's resistance. He leaned in closer this time.

"Hyung....are you sure you don't wanna go karaoke with me later? It's supposed to be a double date and Gwisoon noona is coming, you know...."

The mention of Song Gwisoon's name brought a blush to Daesung's face. She was one of the prettiest girls in school and is a year older than he is. However, because of her well-known skills in martial arts, no guy have ever dared to openly confess his feelings for her for fear of his manhood. And Daesung is no different, only able to admire her from afar.

This guy is truly something if he can ask out a noona who is 2 years older than him and still manage to get away with his manhood intact....

Seungri's grin return as he saw the abashed response coming from Daesung.

"I know what you're thinking, hyung. 'How the hell did he do it?', right? Well, don't go cracking your head about the matter, hyung. I didn't woo our dear Gwisoon noona for myself. I woo-ed her friend and asked Ji Hyo noona to bring Gwisoon noona along. See? I did it for you. Coz you're my favourite hyung!"

Daesung's blush turned a scarlet shade deeper as he fended off Seungri who was clearly about to give him a hug.

"St..stop it! Don't you come near me, you brat!"

"Promise me that you'll go on this double date karaoke with me, Jihyo and Gwisoon noona, and I will promise not to embarass you with my hug."

Daesung knew that it was just a trap to get him to agree to the double date, but then again, walking into this "trap" might not be so bad either. After all, it seems like his one and only chance to get close with Gwisoon noona.

"Fine," he replied grudgingly. "But its only because I don't want to be seen hugging you!"

Seungri's knowing smile showed that he knew that Daesung was only acting as if he was forced into the matter, but he let it slide.

"Awesome choice, hyung. Now let's hope Gwisoon noona will finally look and see my awesome hyung for the awesomeness that he is!"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trudging his feet on the wet asphalt, Daesung pulled on his backpack closer to his body. The uphill slope to his house seemed alot harder to overcome tonight since his school bag felt some what a lot heavier.

Or is it my heart...?

"Aish, hyung...let's not get too heart-broken, yeah? A girl who can't see past your ugliness to see your beautiful heart isn't worth being broken-hearted for. I mean, how could she just reject going on a double date the moment she saw you, right? So rude of that Gwisoon girl!"

Daesung turned to glare at Seungri. Despite the well-intended gesture of his junior who was trying to console him, Seungri was being just a little too blunt to Daesung's already bruised ego  

"Mind your manners, Seungri. She is still older than you are, so you should still call her a noona. Anyway, you never had any trouble getting the girls you want, so you probably don't understand how heart-wrenching it is to be rejected so bluntly like this."

Seungri shrugged his shoulders.

"True that."

Daesung rolled his eyes at Seungri's agreement. The younger guy never seemed to know the meaning of humility.

"This is why you are always bullied by the other guys, do you know that? Can't you just be a little bit more humble in these situations?" Daesung asked, a hint of annoyance edging his tone.

Seungri stared at his friend.

"But what you said was right, isn't it? And I was just agreeing with..."

Daesung took a glance at his friend who had trailed off in mid-sentence. The younger guy's attention seemed to be fixed in the direction of Daesung's house that was just a few feet away from them. He came to a halt and pulled Daesung back beside him.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Daesung protested, but Seungri merely put his forefinger to his lips, gesturing for Daesung to be silent.

"Hyung, please stay here and give me your house keys."

Daesung frowned. "Why are you asking me for my house keys?"

"Please, hyung! Just trust me this once?" Seungri pleaded, the urgency in his voice clear.

Daesung shook his head, not understanding why his junior suddenly seemed so desp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter