Selfless

One Shots

"SUNNY! OVER HERE!" 
"WHAT ARE YOU BUYING?"
"I DIDN'T KNOW YOU ATE FAST FOOD!"
"SUNNY!"
"SUNNY!"
"SUNNY!"

All I wanted was to get McDonalds in peace. I'm on my period, for christ's sake. Why can't I just have a normal day? 
All these thoughts race through Sunny's mind as she waits for the paper bag holding her food. Finally, it comes, and she thanks the person before rushing out of the restaurant. The paparazzi follow her, pestering her as she starts to eat while walking. 
"AREN'T YOU ON A DIET?! ARE YOU CHEATING ON YOUR DIET???"
"DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE SECRETS ABOUT YOUR DIET, SUNNY?"
"HOW MANY CALORIES AND FAT ARE YOU EATING??"
Sunny groans internally at the annoying voices of the people who are constantly taking pictures of her. She takes another bite of her burger and takes a sip of her soda. Suddenly, she trips on her high heels, falling to the ground with a thud. Her soda goes all over her white shirt, revealing the bra underneath. Sunny gasps, getting up and running. She doesn't care where. She just needs to get away from the cameras. She turns a corner and spots an alleyway, where she hides and watches the paparazzi pass her. She hides behind a dumpster and catches her breath, panicking upon seeing her shirt. She takes out her phone and gets a better look at herself. Her hair is a mess, her shirt is stained beyond belief, and dirt and grime has stuck to her body from the sticky soda residue. She's a wreck. 
. What am I gonna do? I can't leave this spot, and if I call anyone they'll either hear me or they'll see the car and come running. 
"Damn it." She says under her breath. She leans against the dumpster, defeated. 

::::::::::

It's a normal day in Seoul, and you're walking along your usual path to work. You pass by some people with cameras who are wildly looking around, and shrug. 
They're probably looking for one of those idols. All those people want is attention, just because they're famous. You think, annoyed. You continue on your walk until you reach the alley where the back door of the restaurant you work at is. You always go through the back door so you can get right into the kitchen. However, on your way there, you notice something next to the dumpster. As you walk close you see it's a girl who's crying, her hair and outfit a wreck. 
"Hey, are you okay?" You say, walking up to her and crouching down. She looks up at you, her face stained with tears, and shakes her head.
"I-I fell and I spilled stuff all over me, then I ran from these guys who were being s. I ended up in here and I d-don't know where I am." She says in a low tone, tears streaming down her face. 
"Do you need help getting away from the guys? Are they still after you?" You say, concerned. She nods, and you smile. 
"Give me one sec and I'll take you to my place. From there you can call someone to pick you up. Okay?" You say warmly. She lets out a sigh of relief, and nods again. You walk in the restaurant and put your stuff down, heading over to your boss.
"Hey man, there's this girl outside and she really needs help. I'll be back soon, I'm going to take her to my place so I know she's safe." You say, and your boss nods.
"Alright. You're such a good kid, _____." He says, and you smile, thanking him before heading out again. 
"Okay...uh, what's your name?" You ask and she hesitates, confused.
Doesn't she know who I am? I guess with my appearance she doesn't. What should I tell her?
"S-Soongyu." She mumbles, and you smile, extending a hand out to her. 
"Well Soongyu, come with me. I'll take you to safety." You say, and she grabs your hand. You help her up, and she dusts herself off a bit. You take a face mask out of your pocket and hand it to her. 
"Here. You can protect yourself more from the people chasing you." You say kindly, and she puts it on. You link arms with her and start walking. She clings onto you tightly as you pass the paparazzi again, and relaxes once they're out of sight. 
"Were those the guys that were chasing you?" You whisper to her, and she nods. 
I guess they weren't paparazzi. 

When you finally reach your apartment, you smile at the doorman and head to the stairs. Since you're only on the second floor, it's better for you to not use the elevator. When you get to your door, you reach in your back pocket and take out your key, unlocking the door. You walk in, and Sunny follows you. 
"Make yourself at home, Soongyu. You can use my phone and stuff, and feel free to have some food." You say, and she sits on a chair in the kitchen. "I have to go back to work now, so you can stay here for as long as you'd like. Seeya!" You leave without another word. 
She didn't even let me thank her... Sunny thinks to herself. I should leave something for her, at least. She did help me out of there selflessly. 
She takes out her phone and calls her manager, her hands shaking. 
"Hello?"
"Hello, sunbaenim." 
"What's up Sunny?"
"Uh...I got ambushed by the paparazzi and a nice girl saved me. I don't think she knew who I was but-"
"Wait. You what?!"
Sunny explains what had happened in the past hour or so.
"And this girl just brought you to her place without question?"
"Yup. I don't think she recognized me. She was just being nice to a girl who needed help."
"That's incredibly nice of her. Should we leave her something?"
"That's what I was thinking. How about tickets to our next performance?"
"There's the showcase tomorrow. We'll give her front row seats for that."
"Alright. Bring them over when you pick me up."
"Okay, be there in 30."

:::::::::

After work that day, you return home and drop your bag at the door. You walk over to the kitchen to have a mediocre dinner of ramen, and you spot a pink envelope on the counter. You pick it up, and open it. Inside is a small piece of paper and a ticket to something. The piece of paper has something written on it. It reads:

"Thank you for saving me when I was in need. In return, here's a ticket to the SNSD showcase tomorrow. I hope to see you there! -Soongyu"

You huff at the paper, shrugging.
"SNSD?" You mumble to yourself. "I guess I should go. It seems like she's gonna be there."

The next morning you call out sick from work, and you put on a casual outfit. Nothing fancy, just a t-shirt and shorts with simple makeup on. You tie your hair up in a ponytail and head out. You stop and get a coffee from a local shop as you walk to the showcase. It's not that far from your apartment and you don't have a car, so you figured it's better to just walk.. When you reach the showcase, you take out your ticket and hand it to the man outside the building. 
"Alright, ma'am. Follow the hallway to the right, and keep your ticket out. You need it to certify that you're in that section." He says, and you nod. You walk in and find the hallway, walking down it. You show the man your ticket, and to your suprise he takes you to the front row, right in the middle. Next to you are a bunch of photographers and crazy fans, and you look over the crowd at the door for Soongyu. Time passes and she doesn't show. 
I guess I came here for nothing. Oh well, I may as well stay for the show. You think as the lights dim and people start screaming. The girls come out on the stage and something feels off. You recognize them from TV and all, but one of them seems familiar. You don't know their names, but the one with the shoulder-length brown hair. They start talking and you become more and more bored. 
Everyone around here is a fan, of course they'll like any of the you put out.  Blah Blah Blah, you worked hard.
Then Sunny starts talking. You're taken aback again, because her voice is familiar too. 
Where do I know her from?!
"There's something I want to say to a person who I hope is here today. She saved me from being pictured in an awful state." She starts, and you gasp.
She's not...
"She took me home and hid me from the paparazzi, all without even knowing who I was."
She is....
"If you're here now, please make yourself known."
.
Sunny starts walking towards the front of the stage, looking for you. You give a slight wave and she smiles brightly. 
"Here she is! Can you come up on stage with me?"
Without thinking, you find yourself walking towards the stairs. You walk on stage and she gives you a big hug along with cheers from the crowd. She whispers something to you as you hug, away from the microphone.

"Thank you, so much."


A/N: I wrote a little one shot over the course of a few days to get my arm used to writing again! Since it's almost all better, I'll update Always Here soon! Keep an eye out!

AU idea from thegraeaesisters on Tumblr
“You’re super famous and hiding from the paparazzi after something embarrassing just happened and I just seem to notice you and help you” AU