PDA (Public Displays of Affection)

[EXO] College Life

When all of the students had arrived back into the sports hall, the headmaster instructed them to separate off into their form groups and for the tutors to take registers. After this was done, the four classes came together again as Lee Soo Man began explaining the final task of the day.

“Your challenge is to build a structure out of newspaper and tape that will hold a small plastic ball for at least ten seconds. The aim is to build the highest structure you can. If yours is the highest and can hold the plastic ball for ten seconds or more then you win the exercise. Unfortunately, we have no prize for this challenge as we underestimated the amount of winners there would be for the other tasks. However, you should all still try your best and work together to win. The group sizes can be anything between two and eight people. Have fun and use your imagination!” and, with that, he stepped back to observe the pupils attempting the activity.

The twelve boys split into two groups once again but, this time, they mixed the members of each team around. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai, D.O, Suho and Lay were in one team with Luhan, Sehun, Chen, Xiumin, Tao and Kris in the other. Chen’s group began by rolling sheets of newspaper up and taping them together to try and build a tower-like structure but Suho’s team had an easier plan. They started to make a tall cone, sticking rolled-up newspaper sheets together in a sort-of pyramid shape and then wrapping other sheets around it. They then stuffed the cone with more paper, leaving a couple of inches free at the top for the plastic ball to sit snuggly inside. They then proceeded to wrap Chanyeol in newspaper, Baekhyun running around him in circles and securing the paper armour with tape. Chanyeol was laughing like a maniac for the entirety of the task. By the end of it, he resembled a Christmas present, wrapped from head to toe is newspaper and excessive amounts of tape. Only his head was left clear of the materials. One of his arms was also free, although still coated in newsprint. This was the arm with which he was going to hold the cone up in the air, similar to the Statue of Liberty. The plan was ingenious.

By the time the headmaster called the building to a halt, most groups only had designs reaching their shoulders or lower, with one exceptional group having built their structure up against a wall, stretching up higher than Chanyeol could reach. They were disqualified though, for taping their tower to the wall. The rules stated that the structure had to be free-standing, away from any walls. It was clear than Suho’s team had won with their idea of a human tower. Kai fist-pumped the air upon hearing the news of their success, thrilled to have won at least one challenge during the day, even if there were no prizes for the victors.

As Baekhyun was ripping the newspaper off Chanyeol’s body, the taller boy leant down, kissing his boyfriend’s forehead sweetly. Baekhyun blushed but carried on removing the paper, throwing it to the floor as he went.

“Yeollie,” he muttered, “Not in public. People will see us.”

“So? You’ve never cared before” Chanyeol leaned in, cupping the shorter male’s face with his now-free hands and kissing him gently.

“Yeah, but there are so many new people today. What if they’re homophobic? What if they wanna beat me up?”

Chanyeol shrugged, Baekhyun’s cheek with his thumb, “Does it matter? If they kick off about it, I’ll protect you. My gorgeous boyfriend~”

Baekhyun gave in after a while and nuzzled his nose against his partner’s briefly, a shy smile playing on his lips.

“Wanna come back to mine after school?” Chanyeol whispered once Baekhyun had rid him of all the newspaper, the shredded remains lying beneath them, on the ground.

Baekhyun nodded, still smiling gleefully.

“I can’t stay overnight though. We’ve got to come back here tomorrow and I don’t want to be too tired,” the smaller one mumbled, fingers tracing down Chanyeol’s arms.

“M’kay,” Chanyeol sighed, kissing Baekhyun again, quickly so that the other students wouldn’t notice.

After all of the newspaper had been thrown away into big black bags, the headmaster gave permission for the pupils to leave, even though there was still ten minutes before the final bell rang. Luhan ran up to Sehun, practically jumping on him, trying to stop the younger boy as he left the sports hall.

“Hey,” he called out, “Do you wanna text later?”

Sehun smiled, “Sure, I might not be able to reply quickly though because I’ve got to work.”

“You have a job?” Luhan asked, removing his hands from Sehun’s shoulders.

The younger male nodded.

“It’s not really a proper job but I sell t-shirt designs online. I’m making some new ones tonight and uploading them.”

“Oh, that’s cool,” the older one grinned, following Sehun as he began to walk again.

A moment of silence fell upon them as they made their way to the locker room to get their bags. Suddenly Luhan spoke up again.

“Are you looking forward to the residential this weekend?”

Sehun looked confused for a second before he replied, “Oh, yeah. I’d forgotten about that.”

“I’m a bit worried…” Luhan’s voice faded and lost its usual cheery tone, his eyebrows furrowing slightly.

“Why?” asked Sehun, curious, as he found his bag and picked it up, slinging it over one shoulder.

“I’ve heard that you have to do something called ‘high ropes’, like tight-rope walking and stuff. I’m terrified of heights,” he mumbled, “Oh, and you don’t even get to choose who you get put in a room with!”

Sehun turned to the apprehensive boy and placed a hand on his upper arm, “Don’t worry. It’ll be fine, Lulu.”

Lulu?

Did Sehun just…?

The younger male kicked himself mentally. He’d only known Luhan for a day and he was already subconsciously giving him a cute nickname.

Luhan didn’t notice the pet name Sehun had given him and just carried on as if it had never happened, grabbing his bag and nodding at Sehun’s reassuring words.

Hopefully the trip wasn’t going to be too bad.

Baekhyun looked back from the school gates, folding his arms and tapping his foot impatiently.

“Hurry up, will you?” he yelled at the slow boy behind him, smirking mischievously.

Chanyeol laughed his signature laugh, “Why are you being so bossy? We’re going to my house. Even if you get there before me, you won’t be able to get in. I’ve got the key, stupid!”

Gasping dramatically, Baekhyun clutched the material of his shirt.

“Stupid?” he cried, “Fine, I guess you don’t want me to go back to yours then. I’ll just go home by myself. Without you.”

He flicked his fringe away from his face and turned in the opposite direction of Chanyeol, carrying the on with his little act of façade. Chanyeol caught up with him and gave him a tight back hug, swaying from side to side slowly. He leaned down to whisper in the shorter boy’s ear.

“I love you,” he breathed, sending a little shiver down Baekhyun’s spine.

The older male turned around, now facing his loving boyfriend and reaching up to wrap his arms around the tall boy’s neck.

“I love you too,” his lips curved into a sweet smile.

They shared a sweet kiss, not particularly caring about the shouts of disapproval from passing students. They were just enjoying the warmth of each other, lost in their own little world. Baekhyun pulled back after a moment.

“Come on,” he mumbled, “We’re gonna miss the bus if you don’t hurry up.”

“Whatever,” Chanyeol chuckled, brushing the hair away from Baekhyun’s forehead and letting it float back again.

Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at the taller boy before turning around and proceeding to walk up the path, towards their bus stop.