On the road to nowhere

[EXO] College Life

Baekhyun made sure that he had everything he needed, double-checking that he had his phone and charger, before hauling his luggage down the stairs. He put his shoes on, tying the laces swiftly and opening the door. He turned around and picked up his backpack but, before he had chance to sling it over his shoulder, he felt a strong pair of hands grasping his shoulders. The short male let out a high-pitched squeal, both surprised and scared at the sudden movement.

“Shh,” a voice behind him whispered, “It’s me.”

Baekhyun relaxed, immediately recognising who it was. He turned back to face the unexpected visitor, a frown on his face.

“What have I told you about sneaking up on me?” He folded his arms to show his annoyance.

Chanyeol chuckled, his low voice soothing the older boy. Baekhyun’s frown faltered into a loving smile and he stepped forward, nearer to Chanyeol. Their chests touched and Baekhyun’s arm circled the taller one’s neck, standing up onto his tip-toes to kiss the younger male. Chanyeol smirked into the kiss, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend’s waist and pulling him even closer. Baekhyun tilted his head so they could get a better angle and deepened the kiss. The taller of the two Baekhyun’s bottom lip, begging for entrance. A little gasp from Baekhyun allowed Chanyeol access to his mouth, his tongue exploring the area and forcing soft moans from the older male’s lips.

They broke apart after a moment, only a fraction, with Baekhyun panting slightly. Chanyeol giggled and rested his forehead against his lover’s. He pressed their lips together once more in a short but sweet kiss before pulling away fully.

“Come on, then,” he winked, “We don’t to be late now, do we?”

Baekhyun nodded once and pulled his backpack on properly, Chanyeol taking hold of the handle on the shorter boy’s suitcase and dragging it outside.

“Have you got everything?” the taller one asked, turning to see Baekhyun locking the door behind him.

“Yeah, I checked everything twice,” Baekhyun smiled and took his suitcase from Chanyeol, allowing the younger male to take his own bags.

Chanyeol held his hand out for Baekhyun to hold and the older one took it, the two of them walking together down the street, hand in hand.

 

 

 

By the time the couple had arrived at the college and made their way over to their form room, Tao was already there, small suitcase and reasonably-sized backpack sitting underneath the desk. Chanyeol bounced over to the raven-haired male, leaving his short boyfriend to follow after him.

“Hey,” he landed, ungracefully, in the seat next to Tao, “Did you pack any y underwear for you-know-who?”

“Good morning to you too, Chanyeol,” Tao replied sarcastically, adding a generic rolling of the eyes to emphasise his point.

Baekhyun joined them at the table, setting his bags down beside him, “Ignore Chanyeol. He’s just excited about the trip.”

“I can see that,” Tao laughed, feeling a little nervous about the residential but also quite enthusiastic about it himself.

“I’m not just excited, you know,” Chanyeol began, leaning forward to rest his elbows on the desk, “I’m also experiencing withdrawal symptoms.”

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow so Chanyeol continued to explain.

“We haven’t had in two days.”

The shorter male reached over and covered Chanyeol’s mouth with his hands, even though it was too late. The damage had been done.

“For crying out loud, Yeollie,” he hissed, his voice lowered, “Do you mind? I highly doubt that Tao, or anyone else in this class, wants to know how ing you are, okay? Save it for the bedroom.”

Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and nudged Baekhyun’s side, “If you say so, lover boy~”

“Remind me why I put up with you again?” Baekhyun sighed.

The taller one just smiled and kissed Baekhyun’s cheek softly.

“Love you,” he muttered quietly.

Baekhyun just hummed a response. There were certain moments in which Chanyeol was the sweetest and most adorable boyfriend anyone could ever wish for. There were also moments in which the older boy could picture himself strangling the hyperactive giant until his face turned blue and he passed out for a few days. At this point, it was leaning towards the latter. Baekhyun hoped that none of the other pupils had heard Chanyeol’s little announcement because, frankly, he didn’t feel all too great about the entire student body knowing how regularly Chanyeol and he got intimate in the bedroom. Luckily, they were all too self-absorbed to have noticed a thing.

 

 

 

All four form groups were registered and led down towards the coaches in which they’d be making their journey to the residential venue. The place they were booked to be staying in was a sort of youth hostel mixed with an outdoor activity centre so the students were prepared to be disappointed with their dorm rooms. However, this didn’t dampen their spirits as they were all loaded onto the vehicles, carrying their hand luggage, their suitcases and their larger bags having been placed in the back of the coaches.

There were three coaches for the whole year with thirty seats on each coach. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Tao and Kris were on the first coach; Sehun, Luhan, Kai and D.O were on the second; Lay, Suho, Chen and Xiumin were on the final one. Each pupil chose their seat and placed their bag on the floor in front of them, securing it to either their leg or the arm of their chair so that it wouldn’t roll down to the front once the vehicle began moving down the road.

 

 

 

“So, are you looking forward to the residential, Kai?” D.O turned to the boy on his left, smiling politely.

Kai shrugged and ped the front pocket of his bag.

“I’m excited,” D.O continued, looking forward at the back of the chair in front of him, “I’ve never been to an outdoor activity centre before so it’s a whole new experience for me. Have you ever been to-?”

D.O looked back over to Kai to ask him the question but stopped himself when he saw that the younger male had both his earphones in, listening to his IPod.

‘How rude,’ D.O thought, frowning before turning away again, ‘The coach isn’t even on the road yet and he’s already ignoring me.’

 

 

 

A few rows back, Luhan was trying to stop himself from yawning. He couldn’t help it. He kept yawning, every few seconds.

“Tired?” Sehun asked him, chuckling a little.

Luhan laughed sheepishly, “Yeah, sorry. I didn’t get any sleep last night.”

“Again?” Sehun’s expression turned from joking to worried, “You really need to sleep more, Lulu. You could get sick if you don’t sleep enough.”

Luhan nodded, not noticing the presence of Sehun’s affectionate nickname again, and yawned once more.

“Here,” Sehun lifted the armrest between the two chairs and adjusted his position a little, turning his body, “Lean on me and sleep through the journey. We’re going to hit some traffic, especially as it’s the work rush hour, so it’ll be about two hours before we get there. Catch up on some sleep.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want to be a nuisance.” Luhan shuffled closer.

Sehun nodded, “Don’t worry about it. I don’t want you passing out from exhaustion when we arrive so just sleep now. I won’t wake you up unless it’s an emergency.”

The older male giggled and leaned down, resting against Sehun’s side. He tried to get as comfortable as he could without making too much of a scene. Eventually, he settled down with one arm around Sehun’s waist and his other resting on the younger boy’s chest. He looked up at Sehun, his eyes practically sparkling.

“Close your eyes,” Sehun ordered, carefully placing his arm around the older one’s shoulders.

Luhan did as he was told and allowed his eyes to slip shut, falling into a peaceful slumber as the coach began to drive down the roads.

As Luhan slept, his lips slightly parted and his breathing low and steady, Sehun began to play with the older male’s hair, it softly and caressing the silky locks between his fingertips. He realised what he was doing after a few minutes and stopped himself, letting his hand drop back down to the smaller boy’s shoulder.

‘What the is wrong with you, Sehun?’ he asked himself, ‘Can’t you control yourself for just a couple of hours? It’s not like you’re in love with Luhan. Is it?’

 

 

 

The coaches were speeding down the main road and Tao turned his attention to the sights outside the window, watching the trees and cars that flew by, all a blur to the young male. As the vehicle slowed to a stop, waiting at a red light, what must have been a local homeless man passed the window Tao was absent-mindedly looking out of and threw an empty alcohol bottle in his direction, causing it to smash and shatter against the side of the coach. Tao jumped and reached behind him, grabbing Kris’s arm upon impulse. Kris turned to the younger one, placing a protective hand on his shoulder.

“You okay?” he asked, forcing Tao to look at him by lifting his chin up.

Tao nodded, even though tears pricked at his eyes, his heart beating fast and loud. Knowing how easily upset Tao was, Kris put an arm around the boy’s shoulders and pulled him closer, telling him that everything was alright and that the man outside was just drunk. He wasn’t going to hurt them. Nodding again, Tao calmed himself down and blinked away the tears. His heart was still beating at a mile a minute but it was for a different reason, that reason being that Kris was so close to him right now. He could feel the older male’s hot breath against his face. He could feel the vibrations in his chest when he spoke. He could smell his sweet scent – expensive cologne mixed with a fruity type of shower gel. He was so in love with this boy it was unfair and it was getting worse and worse every day.