Roots

The boy on Fire
 
 
 
 
Hi there guys!! Please support my new fanfic😊 if you like it you can comment or subscribe, and that will make me really motivated and happy *winks* THANK YOU! 
 
 
 
Chanyeol POV: 
 
Age: 11 years old 
 
'Yeol. You have to listen to me. It's dangerous. You're not strong to control your powers yet.'
'But Omma! I'll feel like suffocating if I don't meet her!! She is waiting for me outside right now! I have to go down.'  I powerlessly tried to wrestle with my mum but she remained unfazed.
'No Yeol, you have to protect her. Wait until you're old enough.' 
'Your mum is right. You need to be trained. I want you to stay away from the outside world!' My dad pushed me into my room and locked the room, leaving me with furious sobs and anger. I relentlessly banged the wooden doors over and over again
'I CAN CONTROL IT! I WILL PROVE TO YOU!!' 
 
Age: 11 and a half 
 
I need to meet her. I need to meet her. My Ray. 
Urgh! 
I felt the power and electricity running through my body, slowly trickling down to my hands.
This is FRUSTRATING!
The power now all concentrated in my hands. The spark ignited and transformed into a furious ball of fire. HAH! 
I shot the angry ball of fire towards the wooden door and watch it set into flames. 
'YEOL!' I heard my mum cried 
The fire was crackling furiously. Yes. Yes!
'We need to stop him. I will get him to help us, that boy... Our only hope.' My dad said in an audible low tone 
He ran up to the room past the flames and tied my hands to the bed frame. I tried to struggle but I didn't want to hurt him. I'm dangerous.
'A PA! GO AWAY!'
He slapped me and I sat there stunned.
'WAKE UP YEOLLIE. Calm down. You can do this.'
I slowly unclenched my fist
And my heart calmed a little. 
 
 
Age: 12  
'Here Yeol. This boy is Kim Minseok. He is the most suitable trainer I could find, because he has the power to control Ice. Your weakness.'
A boy with pale white skin and silver hair emerged behind my dad. His eyes were the prettiest blue.
'Hi?' He said shyly, avoiding eye contact.
He is so beautiful
'Hey. I'm Chanyeol!' My voice raised a tone higher than normal, and for the first time in awhile, I smiled. 
 
Age: 14
'Control it! Control it! FOCUS!' Minseok cried 
'I AM! I AM!' 
The huge flame of fire now on my arm threatened to engulf my whole body in flames but I calmed down and focus..... 
And slowly.... The fire toned down and transferred back to my palm. 
'THERE YOU DID IT!' Minseok excited ran to me 
'WAIT DONT COME YET!' I shouted but before I knew it, he gave me a bear hug and the active ball of flame burned through my shirt
I can't seem to control it!! The pain is burning fast through the piece of cloth. 
'MINSEOK!'
'Neh, don't worry Yeol.' 
He raised up his hands calmly.
With a touch of his finger, the flames magically turned into ice.
'And.... AH HAH!'
With another touch of his finger, the ice melted into water. 
'There you go. Don't worry. We have each other. I will protect you.'
 
Age : 15 
The wind was mild and the grass was swaying slightly. It was a perfect place to battle.
'HAHAHA MINSEOKIE. Let's see who's the strongest! You? Or ME!' 
'Of course me!' He said with confidence while raising his hands high up to the sky
A blue cloud of mist formed on the palms of his hands, and it swirled more violently and quickly to form a magical blue ball
'My turn! Watch this!' I cried with excitement
I slowly revealed the weak flamed which grew on the palm of my hand and as I clenched every muscle and focus all of my power to my palm, it turned into a huge ball of flame. 
'BAM!'
I unleashed my fiery power of Fire while Minseok battled it with his deadly power of Ice, both of which of equal strength. 
Minseok exerted more power and shifted the equilibrium slightly towards me.
I couldn't take it any longer.
'Grrrrr!' I gritted his teeth and persevered 
'ALRIGHT KIDS! LETS EAT NOW!' Dad shouted from across the field.
Both of us got taken aback and flew backwards. 
'Get up, Yeollie! It was fun! Let's do it again.' Minseok cried with his signature grin, and offered his hand to me
'Yeah Minseok! ITS THE BEST!' I laughed and took his hand 
It was going to be fun with Minseok. All I need is him.
 
Age: 16
'Yeol! I need the flame! Seok! Can you get some ice for the drinks?' My mum  shouted
'Okay!' We both cried as we raced to the kitchen 
I focus the power to my hands and soon the usual ball of flame appeared. I toned it down. 
'Is this okay?' I asked
'Yeap! Well done!'
I shot the ball of flame to the gas stove and set it on fire as my mum put the pot on the stove. 
My mum clapped in awe. It gets her everytime I did my thing with the fire. And also partially because she gets to save up on gas power. 
Dad came over and put a hand around my shoulder as we both watched Minseok magically turning mist into ice cubes.
'DOWN!' He commanded and the ice cubes that was suspended in the air now landed in sync into all four cups. 
'Amazing. I'm so proud of both of you!' Dad cried. 
 
'Now boys,' he said at the dining table with a more serious tone 'it's time you moved up to the city. You all need proper education. Your powers won't get us the money we need to support our livelihood. You all need a proper job.' 
 
I never considered moving to the city. I thought we were all happy here living at the countryside. And all I needed was Mum, Dad, and Minseok. 
 
'But what if I say no?' I muttered
'But what if I say you will be staying beside...Ray?' Dad said and the mention of her name brought back many childhood memories we had, all those times we spent together, all the laughter we shared. Being with Minseok made me forget all those memories I had with Ray....
I gulped. Ray....
 
'But kids, your dad and I aren't going to follow you back. We've got a business to run here. We will visit soon, we promise.' Mum said carefully, breaking my train of thoughts
I didn't want to part, half of me wants to stay here with Minseok hyung, Dad, and Mum. But the other half of me wants to go back and find Ray, the girl I left waiting for me 5 years ago...